The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dream of gear you sold? Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

Dream of gear you sold?

I've had dreams of a larger studio with all of my old gear in it and when I wake up, I'm a little upset I sold it... It's like the ex girl dream except not as lame.
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

SOme of my ex girl dreams have been way more awesome than all the gear I've sold, owned and haven't yet acquired.
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

^^I second that
Old 1st September 2011

Don't fall in love with your gear.

I sold my incredible vintage AKG C12 years ago... I miss it, but it's not the end of the world.
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
SOme of my ex girl dreams have been way more awesome than all the gear I've sold, owned and haven't yet acquired.
Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Don't fall in love with your gear.
That is my mentality. My other is always try to stay in a position where you never have to sell gear you don't want to part with, or part with yet.
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

In the dream there is always more potential and new features; a romanticized unrealistic version of what it was. As you (fully) wake up, selling it made complete sense and you don't want it back is what I'm getting at. There is that moment of attachment when you first wake up.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Gear I've regretted selling over the yrs were my mpc 1000, guild acoustic guitar, and hartke amp w/ 4x10 cab.

My dad always said never sell your gear. I never listened and have sold a lot of great gear I would love to still have today, and definitely regretted it, but oh well. If you need the money not much you can do. Today I got a great goldtop LP copy that I like just as much as the guild, and while I could get better results with the Hartke, recording DI works fine too. I may also be buying another mpc soon. Selling gear sucks, but if you really liked it I think you end up getting it again at some point, or something better.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Kaye View Post
guild acoustic guitar
Ouch... Electronics can coe and go no worries, but guitars age with you and ould to your playing style over time.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Dream of gear you sold?

Better to have geared and lost than never geared at all...
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Kaye View Post

My dad always said never sell your gear.
it's not bad advice. Never know what silly piece if gear will end up skyrocketing in price or becoming useful for something.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Ouch... Electronics can coe and go no worries, but guitars age with you and ould to your playing style over time.
yep, I swear that guitar was molded to my playing style before I even played it the first time. It was one of those guitars that you pick up at GC to mess around on and just immediately feel and sound perfect. So much that you dont want to leave w/o it. I left, but then came back later that night and bought it. The thing that sucked most was I never even had recording equip during the time I had it so I never got to record anything with it. Its cool though because I'm happy with the guitar I got now.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305 View Post
it's not bad advice. Never know what silly piece if gear will end up skyrocketing in price or becoming useful for something.
thats true, I think he meant more on the personal value though. Like you might really enjoy playing/using something for a while, and then get bored with it or grow up and put music on hold or something. Then figure you dont need it anymore and sell it. But usually you get that itch again later for that equip, and then its not there when you want it. He kept all his gear growing up and I guess he saw a lot of his friends sell theirs and later regret it. He still has his Hammond b2 and leslie and I told him a few yrs back that they go for like 5 grand on ebay today, but he still wont sell it even though he never plays it anymore, lol.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear
It's not the end of the world, but I still miss my Tube-Tech MP1A and PE1C combo.. great pre and sq! <3

But I'm very happy with what I do have now, and I had to sell them at the time, so that's just how life goes.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Gearslutz.com App

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search