The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why isn't Cakewalk Sonar popular in urban music? DAW Software
Old 1st September 2011
  #1
Gear Head
 

Why isn't Cakewalk Sonar popular in urban music?

Why do you think their are very few producers and engineers who use Cakewalk Sonar X1? I mean you have logic, ableton Just curious....
Old 1st September 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Realziment's Avatar
 

it doesnt have a phat or warmth button...
Old 1st September 2011
  #3
Gear Addict
 
The Hydrilla's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realziment View Post
it doesnt have a phat or warmth button...
X1 has a choice of 2 types of tube saturation built into every track on its ProChannel.
Old 1st September 2011
  #4
Lives for gear
 
DesmondA's Avatar
Alot use it as an alternative to Pro Tools for recording.
Old 1st September 2011
  #5
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsdc View Post
Why do you think their are very few producers and engineers who use Cakewalk Sonar X1? I mean you have logic, ableton Just curious....
It appears that way to you because it's not the most mainstream program out there. Meaning that most of its users aren't the type to waste time talking about using it. They actually spend their valuable time working on something good with Sonar.

Sounds pretty weird doesn't it?
Old 1st September 2011
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Reggmail's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
It appears that way to you because it's not the most mainstream program out there. Meaning that most of its users aren't the type to waste time talking about using it. They actually spend their valuable time working on something good with Sonar.

Sounds pretty weird doesn't it?


Not weird when your correct....Lol.

The Cakewalk Blog


Why is Pro-tools the choice of most studio professionals not Sonar?
Why is Pro-tools the choice of most studio professionals not Sonar?


Lot's of Pro artist use Sonar X1 as well as other Daws.
For Midi I believe that Sonar blows away most of the competition.
(Built on a PC architecture from the start)
Sonar do not have a easy learning curve for new comers, so many new FL Studio types flee from it.
No offence on FL users, I just purchased Studio 10 myself for step sequencing which is not a
major part in Sonar, but FL opens up seamlessly in Sonar.

All Daws have it's strong and weak points, I encourage new comers to try out different demo's, then use what you feel comfortable with.
Whatever works for you....for me, it's Sonar X1 producer all the way.
Sometime there may be a transfer in ''Pro Tools HD with hardware'', (Not LE) sense most majors are set up with this.
Peace & blessings.
Old 1st September 2011
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggmail View Post


Not weird when your correct....Lol.

The Cakewalk Blog


Why is Pro-tools the choice of most studio professionals not Sonar?
Why is Pro-tools the choice of most studio professionals not Sonar?


Lot's of Pro artist use Sonar X1 as well as other Daws.
For Midi I believe that Sonar blows away most of the competition.
(Built on a PC architecture from the start)
Sonar do not have a easy learning curve for new comers, so many new FL Studio types flee from it.
No offence on FL users, I just purchased Studio 10 myself for step sequencing which is not a
major part in Sonar, but FL opens up seamlessly in Sonar.

All Daws have it's strong and weak points, I encourage new comers to try out different demo's, then use what you feel comfortable with.
Whatever works for you....for me, it's Sonar X1 producer all the way.
Sometime there may be a transfer in ''Pro Tools HD with hardware'', (Not LE) sense most majors are set up with this.
Peace & blessings.
Exactly
Old 1st September 2011
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
E-Maddox's Avatar
 

Pro Tools was the first DAW to the integration of MIDI and Audio right and stable enough for commercial studio use. That's how it became the standard. Before that you good apps that did one or the other but were a trainwreck to sync. With a pro PT rig being so expensive, most studios are reluctant to abandon it and relearn something else.
Old 1st September 2011
  #9
Lives for gear
 
KevWest's Avatar
 

Its not marketed at the urban market. They really focus on audio recording and mixing. The people who work at cakewalk really think their midi options are perfect and we know urban music is highly midi dependent. And again its mostly focused towards engineers and guitar players. Sonar is a great product though I own Home Studio and have used it and producer edition since 2005. I actually prefer home studio
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump