The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Whats da time...its time to get...LIVE!
Old 27th February 2006
Gear Nut

Whats da time...its time to get...LIVE!

Hey peeps how is eveyrone doing,

I just got a hold of the new Version of LIve 5 and must say am very impressed. Now i havent used live scince the first version came out, and even then i just took a glance at it and was like "oh ok that nice" and never touched it again. But now i am hardly using Pro-tools.... I am just rocking Live open up with reason and Getting jam session up again..(meaning like having a blast wokring on tracks) so just throwing it out there if you are borderline thinking of getting Live5 do it.. its dope

Aight peeps be ez

-ill Factor
www.illfactormusic.com
Old 28th February 2006
Gear Maniac

I've been using Live 5 for a minute now. Its real quick and easy. I can sit down and my idea turns to music in no time. The one thing it lacks though...groove quantizing. I hate doing drums in it. Maybe Live 6 will finally come through.
Old 28th February 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill Factor
.... I am just rocking Live open up with reason and Getting jam session up again..(meaning like having a blast wokring on tracks) so just throwing it out there if you are borderline thinking of getting Live5 do it.. its dope
If it´s a LIVE session that you need to record, or a jam, it´s perfect.
I´m also having a blast using it. It´s perfectly working together with Reason or even FL (if you need your groove quantizes).
What I find very important: it´s limited in it´s features, therefor demanding a certain "workflow". That´s a good thing though.....
Going from 3-4 beats a week/month to 5-10/day was a major step forward for me, when I started using it. Spread the word
Old 28th February 2006
Lives for gear

Personally, I tryied Live but could stand its workflow. Its interface is really nice done, but I can't feel anything with this soft, it's too rigid. This might be great for Live electronica but not for making songs. Acid Pro has the most intuitive workflow so far. I've never done a beat as quickly as in this DAW.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search