The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Izotope Stutter Edit Plug In
Old 7th November 2011
Lives for gear

Fantastic plugin. The presets are pretty amazing. If you ever do stu-tttter type stuff, this can save you alot of time. Just wish you could use Audiosuite. It's less of an effect than it is a complete sound changer. Anything that drastically changes my waveforms, I want to be able to see it, so I always have to bounce whats it's doing
Old 25th September 2012
Deleted 0e8a0bd
Stutter Edit in Studio. Nothing on master track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Roy View Post
Are you guys using this as a studio plug-in or for a live on the fly tool? I'd like to look into it for a studio tool however after watching the demos it looks more like it's meant for live use.

I guess if someone could explain how it works in the studio that would be great. Would you just use it as an insert plug in on an audio track? Do you have to cut up your audio samples first and load it on a midi track? How would it work if I want to do stutters on my instrument tracks (like strings or synth leads) That's what I'm not comprehending.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can share any knowledge on this.
Hello, did you find an answer to your problem ? Yes, it works live, but i want to record the effects !!! Thanks.
Old 25th September 2012
Deleted 0e8a0bd
Record with Effectrix and Glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggmail View Post
I wonder which one is better for using in a studio DAW setup?
I will download to find out.

Sugar-Bytes Effectrix $129.00
http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/products/Effectrix/index.php?

lang=en

Stutter Edit $149.00 will soon be $249.00
iZotope Stutter Edit: Play effects like an instrument | OVERVIEW

Glitch free
http://illformed.org/plugins/glitch/

Peace & blessings.
Hey, i just bought Stutter Edit to find out that you can't record with. Can you record with Glitch and Effectrix ? Thanks.
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

What daw are you using? You can record the effects.
Old 25th September 2012
Deleted 0e8a0bd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderdan View Post
What daw are you using? You can record the effects.
Ableton Live. I'm asking cause you cannot record Stutter Edit effects...
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

what's the best way to create a short tape stop?
is there a freebie out there for this?
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

Sure you can...solo the tracks ur effecting then bounce it...

Typhy, db tape stop, just automate the trigger
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

I was thinking about getting Tornado or Stutter Edit.
I'm sure these can be used to tape stop effects.

Is there any differences in quality of tape-stop effects between them?
Old 25th September 2012
Deleted 0e8a0bd
Quote:
Sure you can...solo the tracks ur effecting then bounce it...

Typhy, db tape stop, just automate the trigger

I'm sorry, didn't get you there. I tried to export one of the audio tracks from where Stutter Edit was coming out, but there's nothing there too. God ! i'm thinking of running this through my IPhone or something !!! Thanks. Waiting for reply.
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

Solo the track or tracks that you have stutter edit on press play...are they stuttering? If so then bounce them like you would an entire song then import them back into the session as audio clips.
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYPHY View Post
what's the best way to create a short tape stop?
is there a freebie out there for this?
KVR: Tapestop by TbT - Details
Old 25th September 2012
Deleted 0e8a0bd
Quote:
Solo the track or tracks that you have stutter edit on press play...are they stuttering? If so then bounce them like you would an entire song then import them back into the session as audio clips.
Thanks for your reply. The problem is exactly that : getting the stuttering on audio. It seems nothing is recording it. Normally, i would expect the master to catch the stuttering.

And what if i'm playing like six tracks among which i have two with Stutter Edit going : do i solo all tracks ? Or should i do what you said : do one track at a time, bounce them, put the audio back maybe in the Arrangement view, and once this is done, have them playing together and only then record a master that i can bounce, which will contain the stuttering ? Thanks. Sorry for being so tedious.
Old 25th September 2012
Deleted 0e8a0bd
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl36 View Post
thanks for your reply. The problem is exactly that : Getting the stuttering on audio. It seems nothing is recording it. Normally, i would expect the master to catch the stuttering.

And what if i'm playing like six tracks among which i have two with stutter edit going : Do i solo all tracks ? Or should i do what you said : Do one track at a time, bounce them, put the audio back maybe in the arrangement view, and once this is done, have them playing together and only then record a master that i can bounce, which will contain the stuttering ? Thanks. Sorry for being so tedious.
the ovr button has to be green.
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

Recording Stutter Edit in Ableton Live

Some nice tutorial's, most is done with midi not much on recording on the fly.
For more precise FX editing I use two PC's or an external sampler to get my part, then fly it back into my song.
Hope that helps.
& blessings.
Old 27th September 2012
Gear Addict

I use Stutter and Effectrix. Both are pretty dope.. I use effectrix when I need the glitches to be more specific to certain parts of a track. Stutter has some great presets.
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

Oh4! I agree, all of them are pretty nice.

The problem is, thousands of tutorials on using the plug live or midi,
but not any really showing you how to lock down a specific effect at a certain point and recording that into audio with your DAW.

1. Freeze your ''part / track'' then copy track to another.
2. Have another computer or external sampler capturing your audio section then fly it back into your DAW.
3. Export your section in audio then import it back to the desired track.

Anyone feel free to add to the way's to capture record with a specific effect and section for your DAW using any of the Stutter Glitching VST's.

& blessings.
Old 7th September 2019
TJ5
Gear Nut
Audio Deluxe has this on sale for $29: https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...e-stutter-edit

Is this worth getting in 2019? Anything else similar that is better at that price?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search