The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
[Video] Bangladesh Making "6 Foot 7 Foot" Studio Headphones
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

[Video] Bangladesh Making "6 Foot 7 Foot"

This is about the process. Not about if you like Lil Wayne or Not. Those types of comments are counterproductive opinion and been drilled to death.

YouTube - BANGLADESH_Making Lil Wayne's 6'7"
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

if wayne could keep that up for a whole album it'd be over for commercial mfers
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Addict

But what heppened to the money that wayne owed for A milli ?

Must of been sqaushed leading up to this i guess
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbeats View Post
But what heppened to the money that wayne owed for A milli ?

Must of been sqaushed leading up to this i guess
My understanding of the problem with A mili was that Bangladesh did not name the sample (maybe thinking that it would fly under the radar). So the sample was never cleared. Part of the amount of money and damages owed to the publishers of the uncleared sample came out of his owed money... as it should.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Head

I just wanna know

How and where did he get those 808's to sound synthy?! I like bangladesh! Very creative guy
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

with a beat THAT simple, do you really need a tutorial video?
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down View Post
with a beat THAT simple, do you really need a tutorial video?
It's not a tutorial. You obviously missed the point in your haste to bring negativity to a creative process.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Head

anyways....808s with that synth!
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularDemand View Post
It's not a tutorial. You obviously missed the point in your haste to bring negativity to a creative process.

my bad on the tut but... all i was trying to say...
what creative process?

i mean seriously.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Lol @ rolling a blunt on the beyonce cd.

Cool video btw
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
what creative process?

i mean seriously.
i think we can all benefit from watching people press buttons to a click track heh
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncoak View Post
i think we can all benefit from watching people press buttons to a click track heh
heh
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
what creative process?

i mean seriously.
It's a peak into the process of inception to fruition. From Idea the first to final product being performed at a concert on stage. Minus all the business that needs to take place obviously. It's not a tutorial on how to make a beat. It's a quick look into a how a beat can become a successful song. For those here who always ask what did "producer x" use it helps them to see the gear he is using.

The problem with hip hop today is everyone on the outside of the industry is always so quick to downplay and criticize what the next man does. Sad state.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's a peak into the process of inception to fruition. From Idea the first to final product being performed at a concert on stage. Minus all the business that needs to take place obviously. It's not a tutorial on how to make a beat. It's a quick look into a how a beat can become a successful song. For those here who always ask what did "producer x" use it helps them to see the gear he is using.
sorry man, it wasn't my intention to attack you as a person.

i just feel people like bangladesh make very uninteresting music, commercial succes is another story, and i could see this become "808's... how to..." thread #13203 easily.

different opinions on this will only make this a better thread imo.

Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
sorry man, it wasn't my intention to attack you as a person.

i just feel people like bangladesh make very uninteresting music, commercial succes is another story, and i could see this become "808's... how to..." thread #13203 easily.

different opinions on this will only make this a better thread imo.

I'm cool. Just that threads in this forum tend to go to sh*t very quickly because folks slam their personal preferences into every thread to overshadow what exactly is happening. Also, it hasn't become an "808 how to thread"...yet. heh
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear
i like bangladesh seen a few interviews and a few studio vids of his, this beat is simple but dope.

as was a milli

no hes not no pete rock and no i dont listen to lil wayne but i like to listen to the methods of production the more mainstream producers use.

cos its all the same process just different ear and sound selection.

but this skinny jean era is nasty waynes tight jeans on stage looked almost goth and the sagging skinny jeans bangs was rocking in the studio was equally dastardly.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
but this skinny jean era is nasty waynes tight jeans on stage looked almost goth and the sagging skinny jeans bangs was rocking in the studio was equally dastardly.
^^Still rocks FUBU and Karl Kani
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

So... Let's talk gear slutz... Not fashion.... Lol
Anyone care to give a lowdown on the gear in the studio? The detuning he does is so on the fly. Any one know if it's an mpc function or otherwise?
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Dude thinks very left field when it comes to music. im a huge fan of that. Simple and effective beat!
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1973 View Post
So... Let's talk gear slutz... Not fashion.... Lol
Anyone care to give a lowdown on the gear in the studio? The detuning he does is so on the fly. Any one know if it's an mpc function or otherwise?

Its a function in anything that can make music. What do you use?
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by = F$ =

Its a function in anything that can make music. What do you use?
I use cubase and I can do it with a few pieces of pluging on it but the sheer quickness he does it with the mpc on the fly is definitely something I'd like to have as composing is sped up just another notch. Perhaps I should get a cubase controller or something with hardware controllers....
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

if you go MPC don't settle for anything less than a 1000/2500 w/ JJ OS
Battery does it pretty eazy
Maschine should also be simple
Old 4th January 2011
T1M
Gear Maniac

Ehh, the song doesn't do much for me. Im sure if I'd heard it before Wayne got on it I would have been more open to enjoying it.

In terms of the whole Wayne owing him money or whatever, why is it the producers job to clear the sample? If he sells you the beat its your responsibility to clear any samples since you're the one who wants to publish the song, right?Correct me if Im wrong.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
In terms of the whole Wayne owing him money or whatever, why is it the producers job to clear the sample? If he sells you the beat its your responsibility to clear any samples since you're the one who wants to publish the song, right?Correct me if Im wrong.
Wrong.heh Read what was written again very carefully. If the producer does not tell you there is a sample then he is liable along with everyone else. In the producer declaration and in the contract where you receive your first half of payment you must provide the list of samples used so the label can start the clearance process. If you do not provide that and do not say it is a sample you are liable by contract.

You also have to provide the entire song that you sampled it from. Even if you just took one word or 1 bar you have to provide entire song so that sample clearance can gage the importance of that sampled section in relation to the entire song it came from to negotiate the fees.
Old 4th January 2011
T1M
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Wrong.heh Read what was written again very carefully. If the producer does not tell you there is a sample then he is liable along with everyone else. In the producer declaration and in the contract where you receive your first half of payment you must provide the list of samples used so the label can start the clearance process. If you do not provide that and do not say it is a sample you are liable by contract.

You also have to provide the entire song that you sampled it from. Even if you just took one word or 1 bar you have to provide entire song so that sample clearance can gage the importance of that sampled section in relation to the entire song it came from to negotiate the fees.

Ahhh, I was not aware of this. Any idea why he would have withheld the sample information from the label? How does this benefit him?
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
Ahhh, I was not aware of this. Any idea why he would have withheld the sample information from the label? How does this benefit him?
The fee it takes to clear the sample comes from the producer's cut.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Great video.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

is it me or does it look like he is using the volume control to pitch his drums?
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
The problem with hip hop today is everyone on the outside of the industry is always so quick to downplay and criticize what the next man does. Sad state.
"Without the freedom to blame, there can be no flattering praise" - Beaumarchais
Old 4th January 2011
g22
Lives for gear

I was waiting for an Oompa Loompa to jump out the vocal booth.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search