The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why no Advanced Beat Making Videos?
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Why no Advanced Beat Making Videos?

I used to love watching beat making videos to see how other producers get down. But now that Youtube is flooded with MPC beat makers, I just notice the same trend happening over and over. Play Drums. Play Sample. Add some keys, strings, and synths....

But they still just end up with a 4-8 bar loop. I know that in my productions, its way more than a 4 bar loop with a few mutes here and there. It would be cool if some producers put up the latter stages of making a record... buildups, turn arounds, transition bars, switching of the drums, middle 8s, stabs, intros, outros, etc.

There are exceptions of course but it would be cool to see more "beatmakers" make more "producer" vids. Props to all those with vids tho. Spread the knowledge.
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

B. Cox actually has some nice vids up on his Ustream channel The Studio: Exposed (Live), Ustream.TV: Living the life in the studio and abroad...
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

awesome. would love if this became a link page for advanced beat making vids...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search