The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My (Civil) Maschine Review-(Yes, your MPC's will survive) Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser View Post
Maybe you can buy a nice small mixer.

Yeah, thats one way around having a few weaker signals in my setup. I've got a nice little Yamaha submixer, but it doesn't make the Blofeld sound all nice and massive like my MPC does. I think of the MPC1000 as a nice pre-amp, thats how I use it in that capacity anyways.

The really cool thing about using the MPC as a pre for my Blofeld is that you can record audio tracks right into it with the JJos. Check out my little compact traveling setup, no mixer or laptop needed Although I did use a laptop bag to bring it up to the mountain for my snowboarding trip.

Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

My (Civil) Maschine Review-(Yes, your MPC's will survive)

Any thoughts for synth/computer cubase programmer/users who want somewhat an mpc ish route? Does maschine bridge the gap for that or is it geared more towards an mpc user who wants to go somewhat computer intergrated? Thoughts please.,,,
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1973 View Post
Any thoughts for synth/computer cubase programmer/users who want somewhat an mpc ish route? Does maschine bridge the gap for that or is it geared more towards an mpc user who wants to go somewhat computer intergrated? Thoughts please.,,,

Thats absolutely the route I would take if I was going from software to more hands-on hardware. I've done the whole thing with Reason and an MPD. I never got it to where it was zero latency.... supposedly Maschine doesnt have that issue.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

My (Civil) Maschine Review-(Yes, your MPC's will survive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wax808

Thats absolutely the route I would take if I was going from software to more hands-on hardware. I've done the whole thing with Reason and an MPD. I never got it to where it was zero latency.... supposedly Maschine doesnt have that issue.
Hi
Is there much of an advantage funtionality wise rather than the whole hands on factor? which is a personal choice these days. How about in terms of sampling etc etc? Personally I don't have too many latency issues with cubase 5 on mac and plenty of midi keyboards around a solid midi interface and I use battery and groove agent as my sample playback.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi
Is there much of an advantage funtionality wise rather than the whole hands on factor? which is a personal choice these days. How about in terms of sampling etc etc? Personally I don't have too many latency issues with cubase 5 on mac and plenty of midi keyboards around a solid midi interface and I use battery and groove agent as my sample playback.

I really don't have any experience with Maschine yet, so I'm not th ebest person to talk about what it can or can't do. I do know that it's going to have VST hosting ability soon.

Someone here will chime in I'm sure.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi
Just my 2 cents right now-
The advantage to me is that it sounds/feels more personal using mostly hardware sequencers,samplers/synths ect rather than have inexaustable options and crystal clear sounds all waiting(quietly) for you to make a wicked new/oldschool production.Back in the days it was <mostly> heavy dirty workstations(drum boxes) heating up ready to spit some distorted loud noise into the mixers pre amps ect ect.MpC ect are directly connected to this process.Right now i have Reason(fantasticstike) in front of me and im yet to make anything.ha ha.It s all good tho.Gotta learn the gear whatever.My 2 cents. Machine and MpC should have a big party together.......
Old 4th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Do you understand why people are reacting this way?
Of course. Like I said, it's all good. I just have a little fun when I see people get so worked up over discussing gear that they resort to personal attacks.
Old 4th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphaser View Post
Maybe you can buy a nice small mixer.
LOL I know, right? Without a mixer, it's more understandable how one might think the MPC has a magical voltage output that punches through mixes.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
Just my 2 cents right now-
The advantage to me is that it sounds/feels more personal using mostly hardware sequencers,samplers/synths ect rather than have inexaustable options and crystal clear sounds all waiting(quietly) for you to make a wicked new/oldschool production.Back in the days it was <mostly> heavy dirty workstations(drum boxes) heating up ready to spit some distorted loud noise into the mixers pre amps ect ect.MpC ect are directly connected to this process.Right now i have Reason(fantasticstike) in front of me and im yet to make anything.ha ha.It s all good tho.Gotta learn the gear whatever.My 2 cents. Machine and MpC should have a big party together.......

I don't get the whole ideological war over stuff either. I've read the same thing about MPC vs. MV. Hardware vs. Software. Synthetic Blend vs. Full Synthetic motor oil...... it will never end. Some people just really get their feelings hurt easily over what they deem to be the superior choice. (they usually end up curled up in the corner mumbling something about "personal attacks")

Back in the day I would have killed for some of the gear we can get for cheap now. I remember using my old CZ-1000 trying to get it to work with Bars and Pipes on an Amiga 500 I spent $1200 of my hard earned money on.... That was an incredibly expensive setup back then for how limited it was. I didn't know any better, but I learned a ton.

Now look at what we can get..... MPC's for under $500, laptops you could make an album on for $100 used..... new analog synths for $400. Crazyness.....

I stick with hardware for a bunch of different reasons, but I'm incorporating laptops more into my setup. Right now it's just for visuals, but I can see how I might start using an iPad or a laptop more for live stuff. I really don't like looking like a nerd checking my email though, and thats kind of why I'm holding out.

I too agree, Maschine and MPC should go have a big ass party. I know my MPC and MV are right now!
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin View Post
I just have a little fun when I see people get so worked up...
Yeah, don't do that.

This is fun for precisely nobody.

- c
Old 4th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Yeah, don't do that.
This is fun for precisely nobody.
Don't impose your idea of fun on others.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Urh... Noggin, you have officially put me off this product. I'll wait until someone else does it.
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
This message is hidden because noggin is on your ignore list.
Quote:
This message is hidden because noggin is on your ignore list.
Alright, I hear you in there, hang on a sec. (lifts lid off of /ignore bucket)

Quote:

Oh, I'm glad to see that you admit to being a little troll who enjoys confusing, unfocused, and confrontational online conversations. I figured as much.

(puts lid back on /ignore bucket)
Old 5th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Urh... Noggin, you have officially put me off this product. I'll wait until someone else does it.
I'm glad that I have such an influence on your shopping decisions. Have fun waiting.
Old 5th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wax808 View Post
Alright, I hear you in there, hang on a sec. (lifts lid off of /ignore bucket)
That's what I thought. I knew it'd be hard for you to resist. Call me when you when you find where I said anything even close to the following:
Quote:
Just like how you said that the MPC couldn't do program changes and handle CC data like the superior Maschine.
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm glad that I have such an influence on your shopping decisions. Have fun waiting.
Who said anything about shopping? tutt I'm not waiting for anything either, got all I need right here ..just keen as always to see what comes up product wise. It's kinda predictable really.
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Alright, I'm done.

- c
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's what I thought. I knew it'd be hard for you to resist. Call me when you when you find where I said anything even close to the following:

I'm not going to take the time to lay it out for you. You know what you said, and you were dead wrong.

As far as opening the lid on my /ignore bucket from time to time, that's my prerogative. If I want to read your latest troll-bait I'll take a peek. Otherwise you stay in there......
Old 5th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
You know what you said, and you were dead wrong.
No. Like I said, come back when you find where I said anything even close to the following:
Quote:
Just like how you said that the MPC couldn't do program changes and handle CC data like the superior Maschine.
You can't because you're making it all up. Just stick to believing your MPC1000 has a magical voltage output sound that punches through mixes.
Old 5th January 2011
Gear Maniac

voltage is science, not magic
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post

I really don't see why Maschine users have to keep comparing it to the MPC ---because by comparing, it comes across as if the MPC is indeed a superior tool.
thats very true. the mpc is still the standard. it has a very great history. in some ways it is way superior. there are some things that akai should have done with their products so they would still be very sought after. they are just putting out toys now! i dont care for anything after the 4000. they should have incorporated some stuff from maschine. but theres no way some1 can deny an mpc/asr after all the hits that have been and are still being made on them. at the same time i will be getting maschine only for travel purposes. alredy have experience with it but it will NOT replace my mpc's/mv/asr!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search