The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My new Yamaha CS-10 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Addict

My new Yamaha CS-10

Hey ya'll,
Flipped the script on my setup recently, traded my one vintage analog synth (arp quadra) for a new setup featuring the CS-10. I learned about this synth for bass via Gearslutz and wanted to share my thoughts. It's a beast! Previously I attempted to use softsynths ala Moog Modular (Arturia) among other things but it usually didnt turn out too well, which kept me limited to sampling (which was cool for awhile, def got good results with samples). But it's just great to be able to write your own basslines from scratch, shape the sounds, etc. Here's something I did for fun with the CS-10 on bass to give you a idea, i don't have the best converters or anything and it's just run thru my Allen and Heath mixer for EQ, compression ITB (Vintage Warmer, Ableton compressor). Cool ya'll if your considering this synth I say it's a winner! (And so fun to play) =)

Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

is that take 6 in the chorus? dope
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Addict

hey the vocal sample is from a quincy jones album, the new one if i do recall
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

naturally 7 then haha. how about an example with just the cs-10 with some tweaking going on? wish i had my laptop hooked up to my speakers
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Addict

cool yeah maybe ill do that, it's not the most versatile in terms of basses - tho it totally nails the smooth subby dub bass sounds, and has a decent electro sawtooth as well
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search