The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tony Maserati Plugs from Waves? Any thoughts? Dynamics Plugins
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo83 View Post
Maserati plugs are garbage
They're probably the least useful out of the whole "signature series" IMO. I'm sure if I gave using them more time I could find some uses for them, but why bother when the other signature series stuff performs way better for anything that I'm looking to do with them.
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear

It seems like software and plugins (au's) are moving towards the subscription price model. When i was in nashville, a lot of engineers weren't happy that there is now a monthly fee for Pro Tools. Also i was real interested in the Steven Slate end of the year bundle (being a recurring customer of his products) but was disappointed when I found out that the price was a yearly subscription fee

Get Started With the Slate Digital Annual Bundle!

How does everyone feel about company's moving toward this pricing model?
Old 1st January 2016
Gear Addict

I'd have to say that Waves plugins are similar to a jigsaw or welding torch, in the wrong hands you can do more damage than good. I bought the Mercury bundle (through Tony) and have a lot of luck using the plugs mentioned here. I use the CLA to mix live performances for a weekly TV show that features 1500 or Nothin as the house band, I use the Maserati stuff as well which I'm happy with the results. I'm also using a lot of Izotope, Slate, and McDSP stuff. There's a lot of tools for a lot of different jobs. For me, I'm a fan of Waves and they do have better support than just about anyone out there.
Old 4th January 2016
Here for the gear

i'm a big fan of the maserati plugins
Old 4th January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixHitz View Post
I use the CLA to mix live performances for a weekly TV show that features 1500 or Nothin as the house band, I use the Maserati stuff as well which I'm happy with the results. I'm also using a lot of Izotope, Slate, and McDSP stuff. There's a lot of tools for a lot of different jobs. For me, I'm a fan of Waves and they do have better support than just about anyone out there.
Hey, out of curiosity, what's your live setup?

I've got MultiRack (Native and SoundGrid) and use it natively and with my IOS

I LOVE using my plugs live. I'm mostly studio, but do a lot of live work as well (more and more now, to the point that by the end of the year I expect it to be about 50/50)

I love the SoundGrid platform! It's been treating me really really well in both the studio and live.
Old 4th January 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Syrup Records View Post
Hey, out of curiosity, what's your live setup?

I've got MultiRack (Native and SoundGrid) and use it natively and with my IOS

I LOVE using my plugs live. I'm mostly studio, but do a lot of live work as well (more and more now, to the point that by the end of the year I expect it to be about 50/50)

I love the SoundGrid platform! It's been treating me really really well in both the studio and live.

I'm using a bunch of the Waves SSL live. Great results.... for me at least.
Old 6th January 2016
Lives for gear

They are like anything else in your toolbox - it depends on how you use them!

That being said, they are great go-to plugins for rough mixes, end of session quicke mixes/dumps, and every now and then they find their way on to some of my finished mixes.

I wouldn't buy them as just a stand alone, but if they are in a bundle go for it!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search