The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good "Wah" sound in vst? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Good "Wah" sound in vst?

looking for one with that funky "Wah" guitar sound.....any suggestions?
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthy08 View Post
looking for one with that funky "Wah" guitar sound.....any suggestions?
Guitar Rig 4 is really good but Eleven for Pro Tools is BEYOND good. Oh yeah Amplitube 3 is decent also.
Old 28th December 2010
If you already have an amp plugin, the filter in CamelPhat works surprisingly well for wahwah IMO.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Guru

Good "Wah" sound in vst?

Waves GTR or Digidesign Eleven for all my guitar needs!
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305 View Post
Waves GTR or Digidesign Eleven for all my guitar needs!
How do you like Waves GTR?
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks guys heh

Do u know of any vsts that have a wah sound built in? like as a sound patch?
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear
Your DAW probably already has one. AutoWah or something. Look in your DAWs filters.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

PSP Nitro has one form memory. You should get the sound using any filter really. Thats all a wah wah is, just a very basic filter tweaking the midrange frequency response if mem serves correct (please correct me if I'm wrong here).

But yes, for a straight Wah pluging type VST, Guitar Rig is great.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Marriott View Post
Guitar Rig 4 is really good but Eleven for Pro Tools is BEYOND good. Oh yeah Amplitube 3 is decent also.
+1 for Guitar Rig 4. Some really sweet wah effects there.
Old 29th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthy08 View Post
Do u know of any vsts that have a wah sound built in? like as a sound patch?
If you're talking about a guitar patch already set up for wahwah play...none worth using, IMO. Closest realistic result comes w/ a decent 3rd party library of guitar sounds through your own FX.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Guru

Good "Wah" sound in vst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Marriott

How do you like Waves GTR?

I like it a lot. The pedal emulations are very cool, tons of possibilities, and they sound better than I would have thought (without having to worry about noise and all that like real pedals). Overall it's a great package. Being Waves though, I'm sure it's not cheap.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Addict

I know you asked about "VST", but Logic's pedalboard plug (which is AU) is pretty dang good. I used it in auto-wah mode and with a FCB-1010. Either way is a solid combination.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Amplitube 3 has excellent wahs and effects. The Waves GTR fx are not as good. Or more accurately, are simply a little bit older and the new ones in Amp3 are actually impressive.

The envelope filter actually behaves a little better for me out of the Waves/Stomp fx, but theres new things in Amp3 this year like a Small Stone phazer that sounds exactly like a Small Stone. They really stepped up the accuracy with Amp3 for the effects. And the Wah's are one of the things they improved.

To Waves/Stomp fx credit, the envelope filter/wah effect has worked nicely for me on many different instruments and not just guitar.

I recc. Amp3 because Ive caught myself click-holding on the VST pedal and rocking the wah pedal for minutes on end because it sounded and behaved so believably. The wahs this year in Amp3, like 5 types, are very nice.

I did this last night with Amp3 and its got some phazer and wah examples. Not a great deal, but youll hear a little: YouTube - Night Nurse- Marko (Do It 4 The Love EP)!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search