The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Professional Sounding VSTs? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Professional Sounding VSTs?

I wanted to get a workstation, but i think getting a few vsts would be way better.
I got NI Alicias Keys so i think my piano sounds are fulfilled lol
I am thinking of getting

Halion Sonic
Miroslav Philharmonik

Any great vsts i should buy? I need a better sound range with professional sounding sounds. Nexus is overhyped to me so please do not recommend to me lol
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

depends what you want/need out of it. I use omnisphere as my main soft synth. It is very powerful and flexible if you know what you are doing.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Nut

IL harmlesss with johnny juliano presets :D . but tbh i think all commercial vsti's sound pro. Halione is good especially since it has some of the motif presets. Remember its mostly the user that makes good sounds focus on knowing how to use ur vsti instead of using presets especially for hip hop production.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproblem View Post
depends what you want/need out of it. I use omnisphere as my main soft synth. It is very powerful and flexible if you know what you are doing.
I checked out people who had omnisphere, many of them said its only good for ainly synth efx and what not. Loks impressive though
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Head

There is tons of stuff out there, some cheap some very exspensive..Miroslav Philharmonik is cool..but i think GPO4 is a better bang for the buck..
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNext40 View Post
I checked out people who had omnisphere, many of them said its only good for ainly synth efx and what not. Loks impressive though
its only weakness is its acoustic patches (i.e. piano)
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Addict
nexus
reason 5 rewired for drums / loops / sampling
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Komplete 7 enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check it out the package with skill will take you to another level
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

thanks guys!
After reading around, this site for more knowledge, i came by some VERY interesting things i over looked, looks like i won't need many vsts after all, so far i have my eye on Omnisphere just because im very synth heavy and rarely use acoustics unless its a piano which i am more that covered on lol.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by light View Post
nexus
reason 5 rewired for drums / loops / sampling

nexus huh let me try it!
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fataltone View Post
Komplete 7 enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check it out the package with skill will take you to another level
i second that! i have it and lalalalove it
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

The OP seems to laugh out loud a lot.

- c
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
The OP seems to laugh out loud a lot.

- c
someone needs to smile and laugh alot around here. The majority of people here are always so uptight lol
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear
ima say the d-cam studio stuff is dope

also gladiator
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNext40 View Post
someone needs to smile and laugh alot around here. The majority of people here are always so uptight lol

yup! i asked an asliasing question about a free soft sampler,then people that didnt give feedback at all jumped all over me telling me i cant hear aliasing lol

im just glad a few people took up for me at least i gave sampler recommendation about the ones i use and like

they just talking about what they done in the 90's lol like thats helping people

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search