The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question about U87 and Focusrite Channel Strips
Old 24th December 2010
Here for the gear

Question about U87 and Focusrite

I'm not getting the best quality out of my studio for the equipment I have and I don't know what we're not doing and what we're missing quality wise.
I have an "Nuemann U87" Mic connected to a "Focusrite Red 6 Preamp" going into the "Digi 002" going to the "Mac". I'm record vocals using Digital Performer software.

I took pictures of the Focusrite current settings because I think we could possibly change the settings to make the recording quality better. But I wanted your opinion on what you think we should try or do.
Attached Thumbnails
Question about U87 and Focusrite-focusrite1.jpg   Question about U87 and Focusrite-focusrite2.jpg   Question about U87 and Focusrite-focusrite3.jpg   Question about U87 and Focusrite-img00297.jpg   Question about U87 and Focusrite-img00299.jpg  

Question about U87 and Focusrite-img00301.jpg   Question about U87 and Focusrite-img00302.jpg   Question about U87 and Focusrite-img00303.jpg   Question about U87 and Focusrite-img00304.jpg   Question about U87 and Focusrite-img00305.jpg  

Old 24th December 2010
Gear Head

you got the Neumann, you got the Focusrite and....... the 002. Drop it and get some decent converters and you'll have worldclass recordings
Old 24th December 2010
the pictures are just about impossible to tell what's going on, with that Pre and Mic . Don't eq on the way in, and if you're using a compressor which you probably should, don't smack it. Even with those convertors you should be able to get a real good sound.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search