The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yes...another bass thread!
Old 24th December 2010
Here for the gear

Yes...another bass thread!

Guys, this is not a "which sample/synth was used on this bass" question (I noticed these kinds of questions are not very popular around here), so kindly help. All I need are some pointers on the TECHNIQUE/process involved in achieving the bass on THIS song so I can hopefully apply it with the tools I have. I have a feeling it's something simple, but again I will not be surprised if it turns out to be a complex technique. The same bass can be heard to some degree on THIS song.

Basically it sounds like a sine bass but what beats me is how they achieve that solid tone when they play the higher notes. Sorry, that's the best I can do at the moment at trying to describe what I'm talking about.

Thanks.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

all i hear is 808s. is that what ur talking abot??
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Head

i was gonna say the samething..808 maybe processed with the L1 thats all.. just one key press..very very complex technique.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamani View Post
Guys, this is not a "which sample/synth was used on this bass" question (I noticed these kinds of questions are not very popular around here), so kindly help. All I need are some pointers on the TECHNIQUE/process involved in achieving the bass on THIS song so I can hopefully apply it with the tools I have. I have a feeling it's something simple, but again I will not be surprised if it turns out to be a complex technique. The same bass can be heard to some degree on THIS song.

Basically it sounds like a sine bass but what beats me is how they achieve that solid tone when they play the higher notes. Sorry, that's the best I can do at the moment at trying to describe what I'm talking about.

Thanks.
Alot of people hear 808's and know what they are but don't ever realize how to get them to BANG. After alot of time tryin' to compress them, saturate them or layer them, I found the real $$ is in the ASR envelope. A=Attack, S=Sustain, R=Release. Those control the volume of each part. The sustain is what you wanna draw out. Normal 808's go BOom, drawn out sustained 808's go BOOOOOOm.

In Battery 3, you can create these envelopes with ease. Google it too, all the info is out there, I just gave you the starting point.

I'll give you a nice 808 sample to start with, it's up to you to get it how you want it.
Old 26th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rOk.stA View Post
Alot of people hear 808's and know what they are but don't ever realize how to get them to BANG. After alot of time tryin' to compress them, saturate them or layer them, I found the real $$ is in the ASR envelope. A=Attack, S=Sustain, R=Release. Those control the volume of each part. The sustain is what you wanna draw out. Normal 808's go BOom, drawn out sustained 808's go BOOOOOOm.

In Battery 3, you can create these envelopes with ease. Google it too, all the info is out there, I just gave you the starting point.

I'll give you a nice 808 sample to start with, it's up to you to get it how you want it.
Much appreciated man. I will explore this.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search