The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
GAP PRE 73->MBox 2 Pro HELP!! Audio Interfaces
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

GAP PRE 73->MBox 2 Pro HELP!!

Hello all my fellow Gearslutz hope everyone is having a wonderful day and Merry Christmas!
OK now to my question, I have hooked the GAP PRE73 into Line 3 on the MBox 2 Pro and successfully bypassed the mbox pres but once I record the mono file my with my AT2050 it only plays back on either one side left or right, left if on line 3 and right on line 4.
Is something wrong? Should I change the I/O setting or what's the problem? The instrumentals play through stereo just the vocals are left or right.
Im still on good ole Pro Tools LE 7.4 & forgive me if I sound like a noob right now? lol!
Please Help
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Head

Input 3 & 4 are a stereo match... since you have 1 microphone the sound you record is mono. Create mono tracks for your vocals
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

Thanks I just figured it out haha but now when I have it on Analog 3 and Analog 3-4 I can't hear myself through the headphones or monitors but when I switch it back to Analog 1-2 I can. Weird?
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Head

On every tracks you create you have to set the "input" and the "output" of the sound ... for exemple input 3... output 1-2 (if that is your monitors)
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

try to create 1 mono input (chanel 3) and 1 mono chanel on your daw. latter send to stereo out.

you could path any input of your mbox to any chanel in your daw, and latter send to external fx, group chanel, stereo out... etc etc.

seems to be configuration daw issue.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Nut

GAP PRE 73->MBox 2 Pro HELP!!

Thanks to those that have chimed in, you helped me find out the very small and simple mistake I was making. Haha

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search