The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Significance of Fruity Loops 3? Plugin Presets/Expansions
Old 21st December 2010
  #1
Gear Addict
Significance of Fruity Loops 3?

What is the significance of Fruity Loops 3? I know of a lot of producers who refuse to upgrade and use it to this day.
Old 21st December 2010
  #2
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDF View Post
What is the significance of Fruity Loops 3? I know of a lot of producers who refuse to upgrade and use it to this day.
They don't know how to use version 4 because 9th Wonder hasn't figured it out yet.
Old 21st December 2010
  #3
Gear Maniac
 

Because of the blocks?
Old 21st December 2010
  #4
Gear Addict
 
mintyfreshbeats's Avatar
 

crazyness...
Old 21st December 2010
  #5
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Marriott View Post
They don't know how to use version 4 because 9th Wonder hasn't figured it out yet.
I suppose since fruity loops is mostly used for its sequencer, there's no real need to change or upgrade.

Checked out ur mix Pete Marriot, I like the selection, but those drops between every mix is killing me! btw didn't u say u were quitting the forum last week =P
Old 21st December 2010
  #6
DAH
Lives for gear
 
DAH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatCrate View Post
I suppose since fruity loops is mostly used for its sequencer, there's no real need to change or upgrade.

Checked out ur mix Pete Marriot, I like the selection, but those drops between every mix is killing me! btw didn't u say u were quitting the forum last week =P
Mixer is powerful, too
Old 21st December 2010
  #7
Gear Addict
 
fzit0's Avatar
 

3????? I'm using v. 9 .. v.3 must be like a dinosaur haha
Old 21st December 2010
  #8
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatCrate View Post
I suppose since fruity loops is mostly used for its sequencer, there's no real need to change or upgrade.

Checked out ur mix Pete Marriot, I like the selection, but those drops between every mix is killing me! btw didn't u say u were quitting the forum last week =P
First of all those mixes are the direct console recordings from my radio mix show. And 2nd so many of you guys wrote me asking me to stay so I try to fit in some time here and there to post here from my BlackBerry. I almost quit for good when I saw how things went down with Mike Dean but once again I got so many messages asking me to stay, so if I'm not wanted here, I'll go back to Facebook. But quite a few of y'all asked me to stay here sooooooo.
Old 21st December 2010
  #9
Lives for gear
 

the built in limiter makes everything sound radio ready
Old 21st December 2010
  #10
Gear Nut
 

Gotcha
Old 21st December 2010
  #11
DAH
Lives for gear
 
DAH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aproblem View Post
the built in limiter makes everything sound radio ready
WHUT
Old 21st December 2010
  #12
Here for the gear
 

IDK i started on 4 and I can stay there's a big difference. Really though, I've seen a bunch of dudes who wont even use FL at all these days. They think of it like a toy compared to reason, mpcs, ableton etc
Old 21st December 2010
  #13
DAH
Lives for gear
 
DAH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by benfranklincult View Post
IDK i started on 4 and I can stay there's a big difference. Really though, I've seen a bunch of dudes who wont even use FL at all these days. They think of it like a toy compared to reason, mpcs, ableton etc
Actually midi jitter (talking about triggering internal sampler) is lower in FL studio than an MPC 3k measured by myself.
Old 21st December 2010
  #14
Lives for gear
 
cynic one's Avatar
 


Old 21st December 2010
  #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Marriott View Post
They don't know how to use version 4 because 9th Wonder hasn't figured it out yet.
Last I remember him mentioning FL he had version 7. Dunno if he still uses it these days though.
Old 21st December 2010
  #16
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDF View Post
What is the significance of Fruity Loops 3? I know of a lot of producers who refuse to upgrade and use it to this day.
LOL. I started using fl around 3.11 and can tell ya the latest FL not only has a trillion more features but the audio engine has been hugely improved to where it now has become transparent. FL 9 is an amazing DAW so i'd get on it asap.
Old 21st December 2010
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benfranklincult View Post
They think of it like a toy compared to reason, mpcs, ableton etc


samsung plasmas are toys compared to panasonic plasmas
mclaren f1's are toys compared to veyrons
LG blue ray players are toys compared to sony blue ray players
adidas are toy shoes compared to nikes
head tennis rackets are toys compared to wilson rackets
api products are toys compared to neves
suzuki road bikes are toys compared to yamaha road bikes
porsche 911 turbo's are toys compared to lamborghinis

....yawn......
Old 21st December 2010
  #18
Lives for gear
 
KevWest's Avatar
 

dfegad this thread
Old 22nd December 2010
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
Haha, from memory v4 was quite a step up with more features that could possibly serve as too much of challenge for some peeps.


nevermind aye.
Old 22nd December 2010
  #20
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbongsilver View Post
Last I remember him mentioning FL he had version 7. Dunno if he still uses it these days though.
Ummm...You do realize by now that I was actually making fun of his FL studio Stan Boys and not 9th Wonder himself right? In case you didn't it's just my way saying that a lot of cats who are using FL Studio are using it for the wrong reasons because they are Stans rather than actual practitioners of the art.
Old 22nd December 2010
  #21
FL 3 was the last version with one important parameter ,that You can turn off-it is very usable for hip hop sound,and maybe not so important for other styles...
Seriously.
Old 22nd December 2010
  #22
DAH
Lives for gear
 
DAH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeats View Post
FL 3 was the last version with one important parameter ,that You can turn off-it is very usable for hip hop sound,and maybe not so important for other styles...
Seriously.
WHUT?!
Old 22nd December 2010
  #23
Lives for gear
 
badmark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDF View Post
What is the significance of Fruity Loops 3? I know of a lot of producers who refuse to upgrade and use it to this day.
Their crack dealer is behind the times?
Old 22nd December 2010
  #24
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeats View Post
FL 3 was the last version with one important parameter ,that You can turn off-it is very usable for hip hop sound,and maybe not so important for other styles...
Seriously.
Ok....I'm taking the bait.

What is this special parameter that is so usable for hip hop music? Maybe I got it a little backwards coming from the last generation to record on 2" Tape, but please share with all this function that somehow benefits hip hop music?

I'm actually curious to find out what you're talking about.
Old 23rd December 2010
  #25
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeats View Post
FL 3 was the last version with one important parameter ,that You can turn off-it is very usable for hip hop sound,and maybe not so important for other styles...
Seriously.
...please, go on.
Old 23rd December 2010
  #26
Lives for gear
 
cynic one's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Marriott View Post
Ok....I'm taking the bait.

What is this special parameter that is so usable for hip hop music? Maybe I got it a little backwards coming from the last generation to record on 2" Tape, but please share with all this function that somehow benefits hip hop music?

I'm actually curious to find out what you're talking about.
They're not talking about ****. This thread is a joke. Only reason someone is still using FL 3 is because they're a cheapskate who pirated it and is too stupid to find an updated warez copy.

Everyone who actually OWNS the software uses the free upgrades and is on the latest ****. The newer versions of the program are so much better than the older ones it's not even funny.

Mods lock this thread...****.
Old 23rd December 2010
  #27
Lives for gear
 
Synthy08's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproblem View Post
the built in limiter makes everything sound radio ready
LMAOO...dont listen to this guy
Old 23rd December 2010
  #28
Gear Nut
No. Its not funny guys.
After I sold my machine last year I found myself with 230MhZ comp in the house. So I ran FL4 for a month.

I had fun getting some results that suprised me.

From my memory I d say the sequencer gotten useable in V5. Or the pattern size adjusment didnt come any earlier... Pls v4 friggn ... dont make me start stike
Old 23rd December 2010
  #29
Gear Nut
The soft clipper? they made alot of worse shizz, pls
Old 24th December 2010
  #30
Lives for gear
 
KevWest's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic one View Post
They're not talking about ****. This thread is a joke. Only reason someone is still using FL 3 is because they're a cheapskate who pirated it and is too stupid to find an updated warez copy.

Everyone who actually OWNS the software uses the free upgrades and is on the latest ****. The newer versions of the program are so much better than the older ones it's not even funny.

Mods lock this thread...****.
why can't someone prefer the older version? i have upgraded software before and prefered the older version to the new
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
subby33 / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
39
K-Ryss / Low End Theory
0
mikemillinator / So much gear, so little time
0
Lawrence / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
2

Forum Jump
Forum Jump