The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Control issues? Desktop Synthesizers
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Nut

Control issues?

i cant seem to get my virus on it own channel out of my mixer so i control the volume of the virus alone and not everything thats coming out of logic....any suggestions?.....the way my setup is now, is i have my adam a7s going from to my mixer and then my digi003 always going to my mixer....reason being why my virus and drums out of logic r on the same channel

btw i have a mackie onyx1220
Old 21st December 2010
I'd like to help, but I really don't understand your question/problem, nor your setup. Could you be a bit more clear?
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Nut

thanks....the problem is right now the way my setup is (that being logic 9, audio interface being digi003, monitors are adamA7, a access virus keyboard, and using a onyx1220 mixer) my virus is on the same channel (coming out my mixer) as my tracks in logic (right now for example my drum tracks) and I dont want it to be this way, I rather the virus be on one track and the drums be on another for volume control purposes. The reason it is like this is because my digi003 is connected to my mixer and my speakers to that same mixer....i was wondering if there was a way to change this and get what i want

hope thats clear thanks again
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Hi, I think I see what you mean.

I would say that unless the final mix is coming from the onyx and not logic, set up the A7 on the outputs of the digi.

That doesn't really fix the issue but will help.

From there, I'm going to assume that you have the access hooked up sweet, maybe the outputs need the work,. have the outs go into a digi input (or pair), this should have its own channel in logic.

I think it comes down to groups or buss selection in logic. the drums need to be sent out of logic into the mixer on their own channel and then back in on another, if you are doing it this way to mix them.

Hmm, its late over here and I'm falling asleep.. I think I've missed some thing here lol but it should help you get on your way.

Cheers
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Nut

will try, but my monitors cannot be connected to my digi
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

A7's? easy... right through the main outputs on the back thumbsup
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search