The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MPC 2000 (Classic) EB 16 FXS - how to use? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Addict

MPC 2000 (Classic) EB 16 FXS - how to use?

I bought a fully loaded MPC 2000 classic a few months ago. I've been learning the machine, chopping drums, sequencing, making songs, using the filters and attack/decay settings, linking up two samples to one pad, saving programs and kits, etc. I know all the "basics" of the machine and I'm not a total n00b. I actually had an MPC 2000 back in 98-99.

But one thing I cannot figure out is how to use the EB 16 FXS. It's not in the manual, and I've searched this site and online and I can't find anything. When I go to the mixer settings, there is an option for FXS Send and FXS edit, but when I make changes, I don't hear any differences.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

the mixer menu for the fx board will always show up, no matter if it's installed or not.
do you have an fx board installed?
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Addict

Well, I bought the MPC fully loaded: 8 outs, expanded memory, and FXS board. Obvously, I could tell right away that there were 8 outs (and they work) and that the memory was maxed out... I don't know for a fact that the FX board is installed, but the eBay seller said it was. When I first got it, I checked everything to make sure it was working, but I couldn't figure out the FX. I just assumed the guy wasn't lying in his listing since everything else checked out. How do I tell for sure that it's installed?

And thanks a lot for responding, btw.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

i'll hook up my mpc2000xl these days to check myself. hadn't switched it on for years.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

mine is getting fixed, and i haven't used it in a year or so but
I'm pretty sure in the mixer section in the FX window, you have to actually select the effect you want to use and move it into the signal chain. then make sure you are sending it signal from the FX mixer window.

i know its vague, but i don't have mine in front of me.
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

ok, i was too curious so i had to check immediately
in the mixer section,
there's an fx send menu and an fx edit menu.
of course, you'll have to route one of the effects (and turn up the fx volume) in the fx send menu to a pad with a sound assigned to it.
but if you open up the fx edit menu the "fx-chain" should show up. if it doesn't, you don't have an fx board installed.
hope that helps.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search