The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
well
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

well

I am giving up on making beats for now until I get a quality set-up. I realized I cannot be taken seriously until I have serious, professional sounding production work. catch me in the trap
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_the_trap View Post
I am giving up on making beats for now until I get a quality set-up. I realized I cannot be taken seriously until I have serious, professional sounding production work. catch me in the trap
it doesn't require an elaborate setup to make beats.

but congrats heh

naw but out of curiosity what are you using?

if you post upsome decent equip ima slap you thru the computer...
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

lets see, a casio keyboard for my midi controller, and a set of old sony speakers. using my 2000 honda civic stock speakers as reference=decent equipment? lol no.
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

the only thing you need to make professional music =

- pc with software (sequencer, VST plugins)

- audio interface (if you dont record audio: a 50 Euro (65 Dollar) audio interface is enough)

- for mixing/mastering: Sennheiser HD650 headphones or AKG 701 headphones, about 250 Euro (329 Dollar)

mixing with headphones is the cheapest way, because you dont need accoustic room treatment

total cost: 300 euro (395 Dollar)

with this setup you can make professional productions
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmithy View Post

- pc with software (sequencer, VST plugins)

- audio interface (if you dont record audio: a 50 Euro (65 Dollar) audio interface is enough)

- for mixing/mastering: Sennheiser HD650 headphones or AKG 701 headphones, about 250 Euro (329 Dollar)

mixing with headphones is the cheapest way, because you dont need accoustic room treatment

total cost: 300 euro (395 Dollar)

with this setup you can make professional productions
even thats OD.

Just get some decent headphones and keep on spending time trying to push yourself, but if beats are buggin you out maybe it ain't for you. Or maybe you need a specific project to keep you focused.

Or perhaps you should try a new DAW, a change is always refreshing
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

it isn't what you use, it's how you use it. i know heads that make some of the sickest **** i've ever heard and released great records, using ONLY ancient freeware DOS tracker programs:

Don't delude yourself.
Old 18th December 2010
I used THIS all the way up until last year. Released for Windows 3.1
Attached Thumbnails
well-cakewalk_3.jpg  
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

what does the screaming head button do!?
Old 18th December 2010
Resets "stuck" MIDI events. I used it all the time!
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

that is hilarious and awesome.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

a change is always refreshing[/QUOTE]

one of the realist things ever said on this entire site
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Guru

well

You should give up on life.
Old 21st December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmithy View Post

The only thing you need to make music = the desire to do so. Quit worryin' about your setup and make some music. People have done plenty with far less than what you got.

And also, who the **** cares about being taken seriously?!? It's art, dude! Have fun, for chrissakes!! Express yo delf!!
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305 View Post
You should give up on life.
come on man are you being sarcastic or what
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post

The only thing you need to make music = the desire to do so. Quit worryin' about your setup and make some music. People have done plenty with far less than what you got.

And also, who the **** cares about being taken seriously?!? It's art, dude! Have fun, for chrissakes!! Express yo delf!!
he said professional music, and even a good setup won't guarantee that. OP get some good headphones and a set of decent monitors (look on craigslist or ebay) for reference. Should only run a few hundred dollars...
Old 21st December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aproblem View Post
come on man are you being sarcastic or what

he said professional music, and even a good setup won't guarantee that. OP get some good headphones and a set of decent monitors (look on craigslist or ebay) for reference. Should only run a few hundred dollars...
You can write a great song on any instrument. Some dudes do it entirely in their heads with no instruments. Setup be damned.

Professional music and professional recordings are two different things.

Dude's obviously gotta computer, and, at the very least, he has a Casio keyboard for sounds; as I said, people have made plenty of "professional music" (which I suppose I define as music of some degree of quality, with some level of paying audience) with far less.

My main point was this concept of being taken seriously and/or putting the tools before that craftsman. Who gives a ****?!? Shut up and make music.
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
You can write a great song on any instrument. Some dudes do it entirely in their heads with no instruments. Setup be damned.

Professional music and professional recordings are two different things.

Dude's obviously gotta computer, and, at the very least, he has a Casio keyboard for sounds; as I said, people have made plenty of "professional music" (which I suppose I define as music of some degree of quality, with some level of paying audience) with far less.

My main point was this concept of being taken seriously and/or putting the tools before that craftsman. Who gives a ****?!? Shut up and make music.
of course he can be using a crap setup, and still be making good music, but as far as mixing goes he can't get much done with a sony boombox. I assume he has a DAW so he should invest in some soft synths and go from there. (unless he wants the casio sounds...)
Old 21st December 2010
well

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproblem

of course he can be using a crap setup, and still be making good music, but as far as mixing goes he can't get much done with a sony boombox. I assume he has a DAW so he should invest in some soft synths and go from there. (unless he wants the casio sounds...)
If someone can't write a decent song, whats the point of mixing it? You're putting the cart before the horse here...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search