The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Making the best out of a crappy stereo track Spatial Processor Plugins
Old 16th December 2010
Here for the gear

Making the best out of a crappy stereo track

I've been getting crappy stereo tracks from one of my clients(rap client to be specific) and I'm trying to make it awesome, which I'll post for you guys a little later. So far I've been using things like Lowender or multidynamics 5. What about you guys??
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidI919 View Post
...crappy stereo tracks...I'm trying to make it awesome...
well...
Old 17th December 2010
EDF
Gear Addict
Making the best out of a crappy stereo track

*master* it to the best of your ability
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Head

garbage in, less smelly garbage out.

brainworx m/s tools can help too if your trying to bring out the snare/kick or widen it. their kick emphasizing tool (bx_boom?) is also pretty tight, there was a recent thread here and mad slutz gave it a thumbs up.
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Dont pile **** on top of **** man. Unless that is what they want. You do not want to tarnish you name because people want to put out piss poor **** and expect you to turn it into a diamond. Oh, and excuse my language.
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbetter View Post
garbage in, less smelly garbage out.

brainworx m/s tools can help too if your trying to bring out the snare/kick or widen it. their kick emphasizing tool (bx_boom?) is also pretty tight, there was a recent thread here and mad slutz gave it a thumbs up.
yeah the brainworx stuff is fantastic—i use the bx control all the time for issues related to imaging (even when sampling records to help cleanly extract components of a stereo image). another great, similar tool is mathew lane's DrMs.. also well worth experimenting with.
Old 20th December 2010
Here for the gear

I've heard a lot from brainworx stuff and they're supposed to be the shizz and from what I've quickly looked into them they're pretty crazy as far as stereo tracks go. However it looks a little complicated at first but they seem like they can do a lot.
Old 24th December 2010
Here for the gear

Hey have you guys tried any of the izotope RX Advanced stuff? We just got it here at the studio and it seems pretty cool
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

M/S processing
Multiband compression and expansion
Declipping

Doing surgery in the jungle with a swiss army knife.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search