The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MPC headz, memory question
Old 15th December 2010
Here for the gear

MPC headz, memory question

My memory on my Compact flash has been buggin out lately. I try to load some programs and they say wrong file. I try to save some programs/samples and it says programs/samples already exist? So i want to back up all my memory onto my mac, delete it from my compact flash, reformat it and drag it all back to the memory card? Will anything be messed up? I dont want any of my projects to get lost in the process. Help me out real quick
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Just do it. In fact you should back up every week, on your mac and also on some other storage device. What size/brand CF are you using?
heh
Old 15th December 2010
Here for the gear

Efilm 2gb
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Maniac

I don't know that brand or how much it costs but I usually don't touch the cheapest cards. My 2gb (266x) kingston CF's haven't failed me yet. Hopefull reformatting solves your problem.
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Hey guys , seeing as you both seem to be in the know, will xp read the format of the CF cards easily compared to needing win 98 for the zips? this is the only thing stopping me from getting this done.... so over floppies
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

I know it seems scary to potentially wipe out your "baby", but in all practical senses it will work flawlessly. It seems weird and unlikely that the card is the culprit, but as another poster said, they are cheap and it wouldn't hurt to buy a nice one.
Windows xp is what I use and have never ever had a problem transferring.
You could also get another card and back some stuff up in the mpc before sending it to the computer and reformatting, but I say take a swig of whiskey, push your hair/hat back, wipe your brow, tell your friend, "cover me, i'm going in!" and just do it.
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Addict

Aksys....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search