The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Izotope Nectar
Old 19th February 2011
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Nectar & Ozone 4 working well together

I posted a short video, showing how a low budget project can still resolve in a store bought cd sound. Using Nectar for vocals, & Ozone 4 for mastering.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6sZ6uRjRU
Old 26th February 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I just finished my 30 day demo, I used it on a rock song (vocals) and loved it replaced my waves ssl plugs on that song Nectar gave the lead vocal more grit while keeping the clarity, I also used it on a Hip Hop Vocal I didn't like it as much as my SSL chain on the Hip Hop vocal but I still can see myself using it. I'm going to buy it.
Old 1st March 2011 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWerd ➑️
Sure....uh......zippitydoodah! (sorry, Dave Chappelle reference)
haha "zip it up!.....zip it out!"
TNM
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixxWizard ➑️
I posted a short video, showing how a low budget project can still resolve in a store bought cd sound. Using Nectar for vocals, & Ozone 4 for mastering.
YouTube - iZotope's Nectar & Ozone 4
wow first post.
TNM
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGETHEENGINEER ➑️
I just finished my 30 day demo, I used it on a rock song (vocals) and loved it replaced my waves ssl plugs on that song Nectar gave the lead vocal more grit while keeping the clarity, I also used it on a Hip Hop Vocal I didn't like it as much as my SSL chain on the Hip Hop vocal but I still can see myself using it. I'm going to buy it.

wow first post. Has nectar been the total bomb sales wise i expected it to be?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have all of my clients daily mix setting in nectar so getting something out fast is still pleasing to the ears. Gotta label release coming up in a month that all of the vocals were passed though nectar. I love my little orange box. My son is looking for his own copy
Old 24th May 2011 | Show parent
Deleted #29527
I recently tried the demo of this plugin, and I absolutely loved it.
I havn't come across a vocal plugin that gave me similar results in such a short time. IΒ΄m not a big fan of the delay, other than that this plugin is a no brainer to me.

to Izotope!
Old 24th May 2011
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I love Nectar. The presets helped me further understand compression and limiting, as far as pushing vocals is concerned. And the saturation is pretty sweet too. I've made 3 of my own presets using only those 3 components of the plugin that I use on all my vocals now with very little tweaking.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 27th May 2011 | Show parent
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Zotope has updated Nectar: Complete Vocal Suite to version 1.1 with a revamped Reverb, a speedier Doubler, Pitch workflow improvements, and more.

Reverb improvements:

Nectar's Reverb has been overhauled for a better sound, including improved workflow for dialing in great vocal reverb settings. Because of these changes, users may notice that sessions saved with Nectar Version 1.0 sound different. For guidelines on adjusting the Reverb of existing sessions in Version 1.1, please refer to this knowledgebase article.

Pitch-related improvements:

Adds a "Non-formant preserving" mode, which allows you to turn formant preservation on or off. Small (less than 1.5 semitone) shifts that occur in subtle pitch correction often sound better with formant preservation turned off, while large shifts will be better with formant preservation on. Tip: Turning off formant preservation is also good for special effects (like the Chipmonk and Dark Lord Styles).
In supported hosts, dragging a note in the Manual Pitch Editor now creates a color highlight to better see the target pitch of the note you're dragging.
In supported hosts, dragging a note will also produce a tone so you can hear the target pitch of the note you're dragging.
Pitch transpositions now sound more natural due to a change in the envelope shape.
Optimizations to pitch correction algorithms for faster performance.

Doubler improvements:

Adds Low, Medium, and High quality modes to the Doubler module. Note that the version 1.0 Doubler was the equivalent of the High quality mode.
Doubler CPU usage is dramatically lowered in Version 1.1 (5.7x at High quality and 13x at Low quality).

Other changes and fixes:

Improved host compatibility on OS X in 64-bit VST formats.
Includes the new iZotope Crash Reporter to help customers automatically submit crash reports to iZotope for rapid diagnosis and bug fixing.
In several hosts, keyboard shortcuts meant for the host are no longer "eaten" by some windows, especially in the floating Manual Pitch Editor window.
Stability enhanced in several hosts. Rare crashes or hangs in isolated hosts were also fixed.
Performance improvements for Tracking mode.
Pitch algorithm quality improvements: fixed bugs causing glitching such as stut-tering, clicking, and popping.
Minor bugfixes and performance enhancements.
Old 1st June 2011 | Show parent
TNM
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
be fantastic if they added vibrato, it would then probably be worth it for the doubler and pitch shift alone
Old 10th June 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I own Ozone 4, Alloy and Nectar. Nectar is my favorite of the izotope plugins. Looking forward to trying out the update.

I also own Voxengo's Voxformer which I also love and am hoping to do some serious A/Bing of these soon!
Old 10th June 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixxWizard ➑️
YouTube - ‪iZotope's Nectar & Ozone 4‬‏
That might not be a good example of how well Nectar can handle pitch correction. The vocalist is still really off even after the "fix". I say call T-Pain heh
Old 12th October 2011
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm running Garageband on an Macbook air. Can my computer handle the Nectar plugin? If not, how much CPU power would I be looking at to run it?
Old 12th October 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

7 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
IZotope has demos of all their software on their website. Why not download it and try?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I've used Nectar on a few projects but not always for vocals...I've had great results when applying over top of certain samples/chops and loops. It tends to do a great job beefing up a lot of dynamics and nuances, and adding more color and warmth when needed. I love it!
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights ➑️
IZotope has demos of all their software on their website. Why not download it and try?
I've thought of that, but I'm thinking of trading the Macbook Air in for something with a little more horsepower, one of the Macbook Pros, and I was hoping to get some idea of what I should be looking at. The Macbook Air is new and it's a bit small for me in any event. Just trying to get some idea of what kind of CPU I should be looking at in the trade in.
Old 14th October 2011
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
All i use is nectar and ozone now. Use to be heavy with the wavs stuff.
Old 11th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Nectar, Alloy 2 and Ozone 5 all you need
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I picked up nectar about a year ago, no extensive testing because I'm always on the road but I played with it on some drops I recorded for a guy and I was amazed
Old 11th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
its probably just me, but it seems plugins are trying to do way too much in one.
Old 11th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Nectar on drums... but I've said too much already....
Old 11th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
IDK...I downloaded the demo about an hour ago, decided to open up an older session from a month ago and try it out, I'm personally a fan of Ozone 5, I use certain parts of it on every mix...So I had high hopes, my initial thoughts are that its "OK"...I'm not really "blown away" by it....

Usually when I first get a new plug I run through the presets just to see if there are any that are usable that will get me in the ballpark of what I'm looking for, then I tweak from there and build my own presets off of that....

Being more hip hop based I immediately reached for the hip hop presets, and honestly disliked pretty much everyone, None of them even remotely made me feel like playing with them, so I started messing with it and got a decent, certainly acceptable vocal from it, so I decided to duplicate the lead and run both tracks to my usual vox bus (API2500/Desser) and had nectar on one channel and my usual chain on the duplicate (Ren EQ/LA2A/Rcomp/Q10) and at this point can't justify droppin 200 bucks for a program that IS usable, BUT just doesn't really hold up against my current plugs...but for someone who's running stock plugs or who doesn't have various plugs within reach, I can see where it'd come in handy....will continue to mess with it though....
Old 12th March 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I tried it and hated the presets a lot. Most of the presets I used were so far from what I was looking for it would have taken longer to tweak them than start fresh. I'd rather continue using the plugins I've been using, than butcher material with Nectar presets. But I do think its probably great if you take the time to set up each module correctly.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Old 2nd April 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Old 2nd April 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
al right I take it back
Old 2nd April 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I recently bought the Sonalksis 315 and nothing comes close to it as a compressor
and the fabfilter Pro Q nothing comes close to it as a high shelf eq
as well as low end for it's precision and clarity in the highest phase linear setting
Nectar is fine if you strap the Manny Mannaquin Triple D on the end of it to get the harshness out
but as a quick fix the Massarati plug is probably slightly more musical
Old 2nd April 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
and sorry to dispute the reverb issue but quite frankly you should have the best most transparent, smoothest reverb possible or not have one at all
and nothing touches the recent generation of Lexicon reverb for it's fidelity and transparency, load it up and you're done
πŸ“ Reply