The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Guy!!!!! AT&T DISQ ????????
Old 14th November 2005
Lives for gear

New Guy!!!!! AT&T DISQ ????????

Whut it do my Gear slut friends. I have finally found a place that I can get into.

I have engineered/produced Hip Hop/R&B records for many years. I do most of my work in Nuendo and save as AIFF files. I use a MPC-3000, Prodeus 2000, MOTIF Rack blah blah blah... (I love my MPC by the way, I truly feel I am the best in the world with it.... besides my friends Dr. DRE, Mr. West, TIMBO, Premo, Chucky Thompson etc

Everything I do is structured around SMPTE still. It may seem cheesy but thats the langwich of the business. That leaves the door open to do just about anything. Mix in protools, drop to TWO inch and mix on a SSL or NEVE. Whatever.

I have a question? Has anyone else heard about a new system called
AT&T DISQ I hear its the complete digital solution for SSL/NEVE consoles. If anyone has any info I would love to hear about it. With the price of Big consoles dropping ( I saw a 4048 for $25,000 it might be something to look into. If its not a billion dollars..

Anyway I have had fun reading the treads so far and look forward to giving advice as well as getting some..

By the way I dont care what anybody tells you. You can not duplicate a SSL/NEVE mixdown.....

done

Justice
suburban entertainment
www.suburban-ent.com
Old 15th November 2005
Gear Maniac

Yeah....it's suppose to be da bomb for Neve and SSL 4000 G series. It's the all digital console thing in da box that cost more. The word is out that the cost for a SSL and this baby will be around $500,000; I think 72 inputs. So just imagine what only the DISQ cost? Man...that's some serious dollars. This is what I hear people say but I don't know.
Old 15th November 2005
Lives for gear

I can't imagine they still make the AT&T DISQ. It was something they came up with in 1990, and I think there were only about 3 SSLs ever fitted with it. I cant imagine it would have any benefit these days with the advent of digital editors which can now do everything it could, but at a higher quality.
Old 18th November 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks Johnny I hear the AT&T is as old as dirt..... its cool.... I just love the idea of having a totally digital SSL.... I saw the AWS 900 its nice but I know for a fact Dre always mixes on a 4000 G+ sometimes a J series... I try to work on them every change I get.. Right now I built a badass PC last year and starting to build one for 2006

AMD Athlon X2 Dual CORE Processor 2.2Ghz
2GB Dual Channel DDR 400Mhz
rack mount liquid cooled
939 ATX Motherboard

That with Nuendo.... (Nuendo is da [email protected]$!!!!!) and any Hardware would be bangin.... After the holidays.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search