The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MPC 3000 card reader Modular Synthesizers
Old 5th October 2012
SEED78
second that.

3.5os + CF drive def make the 3000 feel less oldschool and make it much more functional.

Only thing that is still annoying is the lack of WAV/AIFF support - but oh well... might get a cheap Emu Ultra to do that job at some point.
Old 5th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldphinga View Post
So what is the advantage of these card readers? To me it's only that they are more reliable than zips and only this! in every other way it seems that any mpc 3000 user would be worse off than with zips?

Yeah now CF cards are getting super hard to find,and finding a card for under $40 forget about it unless you order online.

What's would be cool is a SD card reader writer for the MPC3000
Old 5th October 2012
Gear Head

Thanks for the replies, very helpful ! I'm gonna get in touch with the seller on ebay (who is linked somewhere above) to see if I can get hold of an internal one. Would you say that the hot swap would be my best bet if I could get hold of one? Thanks.
Old 5th October 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeetroit View Post
Yes. As a fellow 3000 owner, I can tell you that it is BEYOND worth it, simply for the reason of putting your mind at ease. You will never have to worry about zip disks failing ever again.

Here's what I do: I sample/make my beat like normal on the 3000. Then, after I'm done and it's all tracked out, I drop my card into my usb connector on my macbook, backup the beat into my beat folder, and then I'm done.

Think of it this way, you will never have to worry about losing files, and everything will be backed up onto your computer. Also, you can keep the exact same work flow that you have now, it just makes it easier and brings your MPC into the 21st century.
i would love to use Compact Flash Cards internally on MPC3000 ( i use ZIP now) , anyone knows of any shops or maybe eBay sellers that still sells a complete internal Compact Card reader upgrade for MPC3000 ?
Old 14th October 2012
SEED78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDIchlorian View Post
Yeah now CF cards are getting super hard to find,and finding a card for under $40 forget about it unless you order online.

What's would be cool is a SD card reader writer for the MPC3000
there are floppy emulators out there using SD's that work with the MPC3000 - thing is though you only have blocks of storage space that are floppy sized , which kind of makes it pointless to max your 3000 out with 32MB RAM as you'll never people be able to save a larger sample to a floppy emulator.

with floppy emulator thats less than what you can even save on a ZIP disk so it doesn't really feel like progress even if its cheaper and more reliable.

you can save in 30meg blocks on a CF card.

the cards I know work with my drive, I've managed to get mine for £10 or less.
Old 9th August 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeetroit View Post
Yes. As a fellow 3000 owner, I can tell you that it is BEYOND worth it, simply for the reason of putting your mind at ease. You will never have to worry about zip disks failing ever again.

Here's what I do: I sample/make my beat like normal on the 3000. Then, after I'm done and it's all tracked out, I drop my card into my usb connector on my macbook, backup the beat into my beat folder, and then I'm done.

Think of it this way, you will never have to worry about losing files, and everything will be backed up onto your computer. Also, you can keep the exact same work flow that you have now, it just makes it easier and brings your MPC into the 21st century.
Do you turn off you MPC before taking out the Card! I just got the Monster Extenal CF reader and I cannot get it to work with any CF Cards. I tried a 128mb and a 1 gig. The MPC recognized both cards, partitioned both cards into 30 Mb but failed to format them. Any suggestions?
Old 14th August 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch_The_BeatMaker View Post
Do you turn off you MPC before taking out the Card! I just got the Monster Extenal CF reader and I cannot get it to work with any CF Cards. I tried a 128mb and a 1 gig. The MPC recognized both cards, partitioned both cards into 30 Mb but failed to format them. Any suggestions?
So got it working now. i got a different card and it works
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi, which cf reader would you recommend these days for a 3000-os 3.5? thank you!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL View Post
Hi, which cf reader would you recommend these days for a 3000-os 3.5? thank you!
IG @kanamit_mpc

He'll have you sorted out properly, buy with confidence. He's a solid guy!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search