The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
c800g Condenser Microphones
Old 2nd April 2010
  #91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted View Post
NOW THIS is the price tag that justifies this mic, I wouldn't mind buying the mic for this price.

Plus you can always sell it for $6000 with eaze...NOW THAT'S AN INVESTMENT
Ok but there's no point in buying gear if you intend to sell it later lol. I decided to stop buying and selling and just buy what I really need in the first place heh I doubt you could get 6000 for a used c800g. Usually they go for 4000, 3500.
Old 2nd April 2010
  #92
Lives for gear
 
illacov's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
Ok but there's no point in buying gear if you intend to sell it later lol. I decided to stop buying and selling and just buy what I really need in the first place heh
Good mentality Chris!!

Measure twice and cut once, never hurt nobody!

Peace
Illumination
Old 2nd April 2010
  #93
for $2000

i'd buy the Lawson

Lawson L47MP MKII Microphone

GREAT MICROPHONE...best deal going

Bob Power hipped me to it thumbsup
Old 2nd April 2010
  #94
Lives for gear
 
illacov's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musaee View Post
i'd buy the Lawson

Lawson L47MP MKII Microphone

GREAT MICROPHONE...best deal going

Bob Power hipped me to it thumbsup
A u47 inspired mic as a stand in for the C800G??

Please elaborate. Far as I can tell the Lawson uses an M7 type capsule with a 6n1p/ecc88 tube (also used in the rode K2 microphone). That doesn't strike me as a microphone that would be similar to an 800g.

I listened to Core 22's album (lawson l47mp mkii on vocals) and it sounds kind of m49ish. Very nice. The lead singer is a female vocalist and the top end is very controlled and tight, in a great sounding way. However, it doesn't sound like the 800G over here, anyways. But the Lawson is a great sounding mic!


Peace
Illumination
Old 2nd April 2010
  #95
Lives for gear
 
mdjice's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illacov View Post
A u47 inspired mic as a stand in for the C800G??

Please elaborate. Far as I can tell the Lawson uses an M7 type capsule with a 6n1p/ecc88 tube (also used in the rode K2 microphone). That doesn't strike me as a microphone that would be similar to an 800g.

I listened to Core 22's album (lawson l47mp mkii on vocals) and it sounds kind of m49ish. Very nice. The lead singer is a female vocalist and the top end is very controlled and tight, in a great sounding way. However, it doesn't sound like the 800G over here, anyways. But the Lawson is a great sounding mic!


Peace
Illumination
so u gonna send one overhere? we can compare it to a 149, c800g, u87 u89 u47 etc...heh
Old 2nd April 2010
  #96
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjice View Post
so u gonna send one overhere? we can compare it to a 149, c800g, u87 u89 u47 etc...heh
Please do. And I have one request:

I hate it when people do these shootouts and it's just a solo voice. IMO that's completely worthless. So if you do a shootout, please do a verse of a song and compress it and mix it like you normally would. That's when the differences between mics becomes much more apparent.
Old 2nd April 2010
  #97
Gear Nut
 

shootout seems to be a good idea
Old 2nd April 2010
  #98
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris carter View Post
Please do. And I have one request:

I hate it when people do these shootouts and it's just a solo voice. IMO that's completely worthless. So if you do a shootout, please do a verse of a song and compress it and mix it like you normally would. That's when the differences between mics becomes much more apparent.
Mikael, I really liked your VTB, AK47 TLM67 shootout. If you do the shootout that way, It'll be a success! I really can't wait to hear this shootout, I am pumped!
Old 2nd April 2010
  #99
Lives for gear
 
illacov's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjice View Post
so u gonna send one overhere? we can compare it to a 149, c800g, u87 u89 u47 etc...heh
I'd be glad to.

my email address is in my sig.

Are you currently in Houston?

Maybe you could invite fdamusic over to shoot it out. He's getting one today I believe.

Otherwise shoot me an email and we will get something worked out where you can do a demo of some kind.

If you have a U87, maybe the Greyhound with a Neumann needs to stop by too?

Looking forward to your email!

Thanks

Peace
Illumination
Old 2nd April 2010
  #100
Lives for gear
 
mdjice's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris carter View Post
Please do. And I have one request:

I hate it when people do these shootouts and it's just a solo voice. IMO that's completely worthless. So if you do a shootout, please do a verse of a song and compress it and mix it like you normally would. That's when the differences between mics becomes much more apparent.
yep as I always do, if you search my previous shout out, that's what I always do, I stack vocals then bounce the acapella then I place over the beat and process it this way you can hear the raw acapella vocals but stacked (which is most music today) and then I put some eq and comp and place it over a beat to see how it fits in a track
Old 2nd April 2010
  #101
Lives for gear
 
illacov's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris carter View Post
Please do. And I have one request:

I hate it when people do these shootouts and it's just a solo voice. IMO that's completely worthless. So if you do a shootout, please do a verse of a song and compress it and mix it like you normally would. That's when the differences between mics becomes much more apparent.
This is beyond true.

But people like to hear the solo'd voice because they get that whole vibe of the vocalist alone in the room that sort of thing.

I like to hear it with the music because that's normally how you'd hear it.

However a shootouts a shootout!

Peace
Illumination
Old 2nd April 2010
  #102
Lives for gear
 
mdjice's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illacov View Post
I'd be glad to.

my email address is in my sig.

Are you currently in Houston?

Maybe you could invite fdamusic over to shoot it out. He's getting one today I believe.

Otherwise shoot me an email and we will get something worked out where you can do a demo of some kind.

If you have a U87, maybe the Greyhound with a Neumann needs to stop by too?

Looking forward to your email!

Thanks

Peace
Illumination
you got mail
Old 2nd April 2010
  #103
Lives for gear
 
mdjice's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
Mikael, I really liked your VTB, AK47 TLM67 shootout. If you do the shootout that way, It'll be a success! I really can't wait to hear this shootout, I am pumped!
Old 2nd April 2010
  #104
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjice View Post
so u gonna send one overhere? we can compare it to a 149, c800g, u87 u89 u47 etc...heh
I'm down to send mine for the shootout!
Old 2nd April 2010
  #105
Lives for gear
 
mdjice's Avatar
 

all setup he will send one and I will do the shout and let you guys know, anything specific?
Old 2nd April 2010
  #106
Lives for gear
 
Nahuel's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjice View Post
all setup he will send one and I will do the shout and let you guys know, anything specific?
several vocalists would be awesome.
Old 2nd April 2010
  #107
Lives for gear
 
Storyville's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjice View Post
all setup he will send one and I will do the shout and let you guys know, anything specific?
I'd like to kick a shout out to myself....

kidding.

I think the general consensus on this board is rap vox in the mix. I'll get a chance to do some demo work with it when the JJ team returns to Philadelphia - so OHs, cab, rnb vox, acoustic guitar will all be available options if that's what people would like to hear.
Old 2nd April 2010
  #108
Lives for gear
 
illacov's Avatar
 

Just for the sake of geekdom, here's what's going down to mjdice:

JJ Audio Mics Akita with:

NOS Neumann K67 capsule
The tube we're sourcing
Jensen transformer
Multi Pattern Tube Power Supply

This is the version we chose to send to Cold Chamber because normally a studio like this would want the souped up, top shelf version of the microphone.

As an added twist, we are looking into sending mistaD's Akita over, which will contain our standard ADK TT capsule with all the same components.

So it looks like two will be heading down to Houston and maybe only one comes back???

Let the 800G shootouts begin!!

PS: Thanks again to mjdice for offering to do the shootout! He's busy working with the industry insiders and the folks that alot of people here on gearslutz study up on, so it's truly a blessing to be offered this kind of opportunity!

Peace
Illumination
Old 2nd April 2010
  #109
Lives for gear
 
mdjice's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illacov View Post
Just for the sake of geekdom, here's what's going down to mjdice:

JJ Audio Mics Akita with:

NOS Neumann K67 capsule
The tube we're sourcing
Jensen transformer
Multi Pattern Tube Power Supply

This is the version we chose to send to Cold Chamber because normally a studio like this would want the souped up, top shelf version of the microphone.

As an added twist, we are looking into sending mistaD's Akita over, which will contain our standard ADK TT capsule with all the same components.

So it looks like two will be heading down to Houston and maybe only one comes back???

Let the 800G shootouts begin!!

PS: Thanks again to mjdice for offering to do the shootout! He's busy working with the industry insiders and the folks that alot of people here on gearslutz study up on, so it's truly a blessing to be offered this kind of opportunity!

Peace
Illumination
Sounds like a great idea since a lot of people will want to hear the difference between the "TURBO" and the regular version compared to my High end Mics.
now my screen name is mdjice but my real name is Mickaël it will be eaiser then a screen nameheh
Old 2nd April 2010
  #110
Having been on this site for 2 years, I think this will probably be the best shootout I will ever witness on here, I am so pumped for this! It's really a shame I am not close to the Texas Area, or else I would have done some singing vox samples... Please do some singing samples heh
Old 2nd April 2010
  #111
Lives for gear
 
gorillainthemix's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-Rilla View Post
can the JJ promo team back off the discussion now?
seems like they got what they came for
Old 2nd April 2010
  #112
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illacov View Post
This is beyond true.

But people like to hear the solo'd voice because they get that whole vibe of the vocalist alone in the room that sort of thing.

I like to hear it with the music because that's normally how you'd hear it.

However a shootouts a shootout!

Peace
Illumination
Gunfight at the GS Corralheh
Old 2nd April 2010
  #113
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Gunfight at the GS Corralheh
(In this case the c800g will win since it already looks like a gun heh)
Old 2nd April 2010
  #114
Lives for gear
 
mdjice's Avatar
 

I will try and do as time allows so it might take me a bit of time but I want to do the shouts with Male Rap vocals, male singing vocals and female singing vocals
Old 3rd April 2010
  #115
Gear Addict
 
DIGI ENT's Avatar
 

Read the thread... Jim was gonna mod a mic for me, but it didn't go down ... Still interested in his products thou....lets see wuts good
Old 3rd April 2010
  #116
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dutch Master View Post
seems like they got what they came for
Are you referring to JJ Audio or to the thread starter, who now gets to sit back and actually here a comparison of the mic he's after up against one that's a considerably less amount of money? In the real world, how often do we get a chance at something like that? To me, this thread was GS at its best for once!
Old 3rd April 2010
  #117
Best Hip-hop thread hands down heh
Old 3rd April 2010
  #118
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
Best Hip-hop thread hands down heh
now thats what i'm talkin bout...i got alot riding on this
Old 3rd April 2010
  #119
Lives for gear
 
gorillainthemix's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaD View Post
Are you referring to JJ Audio or to the thread starter, who now gets to sit back and actually here a comparison of the mic he's after up against one that's a considerably less amount of money? In the real world, how often do we get a chance at something like that? To me, this thread was GS at its best for once!
Please.
The JJ team (+fanboys) basically shoved the Akita down the OP's throat. Taking some others along the way.
Mdjice's suggestion to try a Manley was actually a very logical one, but was obliviated in the midst of all this JJ advertising.
I thought we had forum rules, but I guess those only count for some of us.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
Best Hip-hop thread hands down heh

thank you for reminding me why I shouldn't come here anymore.
Old 3rd April 2010
  #120
Here for the gear
 

well
The shootout does sound interesting...
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
drzox / High end
11
MoreCowBell / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
MikeTSH / High end
15
wildpark / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0
Offender / High end
17

Forum Jump
Forum Jump