The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
c800g Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd May 2010
Here for the gear

The U67 is the German Broadcast version, the 269 is the ORTF French broadcast version.
Old 3rd May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Weber View Post
The U67 is the German Broadcast version, the 269 is the ORTF French broadcast version.
The M367 is the french broadcast version.
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305 View Post
i've heard a lot of folks prefer the non-G version.
The "G" is for gangsta...as in "aint nuthin but a g thang"
ie....the 'g" is a "rap mike" and the non g is for everything else
Old 3rd May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
The "G" is for gangsta...as in "aint nuthin but a g thang"
ie....the 'g" is a "rap mike" and the non g is for everything else
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
x2
Old 3rd May 2010
Lives for gear

LMAOheh
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Maniac

...LOL heh
Old 6th May 2010
Deleted User
Sony

Sony 800G is the best sounding mic.
For voice and choir amazing. I tested it before session in studio : Tubetech preamp thru Tubetech CL1 B , while I started to sing and move around, the phases in hi and mid freq. was the same. I was very impressed.And also he collects low freqencies from the chest of the singer, that is why I love it and only needs right preamp. I think Tubetech Pre was mistake anyway in this chain. Tend to make harsh hi freq.

With this mike you don t need EQ.

So my first opportunity will be Sony C800G.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Sony 800G is the best sounding mic.
For voice and choir amazing. I tested it before session in studio : Tubetech preamp thru Tubetech CL1 B , while I started to sing and move around, the phases in hi and mid freq. was the same. I was very impressed.And also he collects low freqencies from the chest of the singer, that is why I love it and only needs right preamp. I think Tubetech Pre was mistake anyway in this chain. Tend to make harsh hi freq.

With this mike you don t need EQ.

So my first opportunity will be Sony C800G.
The 800G can get harsh in the highs all on it's own. If you have a sibilant voice it's not going to be a good match. If you are too close, it's not going to be a good match. If you have a preamp that also extends the high end, it's not going to be a good match. Otherwise, it's a great mic.
Old 6th May 2010
Here for the gear

AT4050 That mic sure sounds lacking to me,
No presence and not even close to the KSM44.
Not a AT fan at all. Try a Lawson and it won't cost $8000 plus.
Free trial for 10 days.
Old 7th May 2010
Gear Nut

what happened to the shootout????
Old 7th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowan_rashard View Post
what happened to the shootout????
I'm going to wager that actual work is putting that shootout on the back burner. Call it a hunch.
Old 7th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyville View Post
I'm going to wager that actual work is putting that shootout on the back burner. Call it a hunch.
"Hunch" as in Quasimoto??
Old 7th May 2010
Here for the gear

Tried just about about all of them.
Recorded a album with the AT4060.
Still not a fan.
And my studio has abandon the AT line also.
Old 7th May 2010
Gear Addict

12 pages and no audio yet...... yawn
Old 7th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixHitz View Post
12 pages and no audio yet...... yawn
Some people actually make a living out of music and shoot outs have to wait until the work for majors is done
Old 8th May 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjice View Post
Some people actually make a living out of music and shoot outs have to wait until the work for majors is done
send them all to me I'll do the shootout, I don't have any major nor minor clients lol heh
Old 8th May 2010
Lives for gear
I'm surprised a shootout like this hasn't been done yet! Lookin' forward to the results!
Old 8th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyo View Post
I'm surprised a shootout like this hasn't been done yet! Lookin' forward to the results!
they have been done many times. the simulation is never better than the original in any equipment shootout. But the "good enough" factor plays a big part for many when price is involved.
Old 8th May 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Implying what? That I just sit in my Mom's basement and play video games all day waiting for the shootout? Please
Old 9th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixHitz View Post
Implying what? That I just sit in my Mom's basement and play video games all day waiting for the shootout? Please
Implying that Mj already said he would do this shootout. He will do it when he has time to do it. Paid work comes before unpaid fun - and insisting otherwise is somewhat disrespectful.
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyville View Post
Implying that Mj already said he would do this shootout. He will do it when he has time to do it. Paid work comes before unpaid fun - and insisting otherwise is somewhat disrespectful.
+1!

Shoot out is done with Rap Vocals!!
I don't have time right now to do it with a singer as well but since most wanted to hear it on Rap vox anyways, it should be just fine.
I'm posting the files in the ShootOut Section and will post the link here in a bit
Old 10th May 2010
Old 10th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Thank you for taking the time to do this. It is really appreciated.
Old 10th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottn View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do this. It is really appreciated.
No Prob
Old 10th May 2010
DAH
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you !
Old 11th May 2010
Gear Addict
I think you should save the $ from the Sony and buy you a entire mic collection. If you really want it just for yourself and it will always be your GO TO mic... yes go ahead and try it out.

I tried it a few times and does sound amazing... but really I could do without it and have tried a bunch of mics that are cheap and even in the few thousand dollard price ranges. It just all depends on your needs.

What other gear are you linking it up with? I think if your using a cheap interface and pre... no sense in purchasing an expensive mic.

Some few mics for vocals that I like myself Neumann U87, Mojave MA200, Rode NT2A, Neumann M149, I liked the 4050 but sounds way better on instruments, never really liked the AKG414.. too dark in my opinion. I hear a lot about the Sure SM7B but never got a chance to try it yet.

Theres a lot of mics that sound good! Once again... match up a mic with the right vocals.. they all do the job nice!
Old 8th June 2011
Gear Maniac

Anybody changed Tubes?

Anybody replaced the original Tubes into other brand's?
I tried to put Telefunkens(not sure they are real or fake though), but it was so difficult to open up the mic.

By the way, does anyone know where could I get the original Sony tubes(made in Russia)?
They are way longer than ordinary 6AU6As(or 6AU6s).
Attached Thumbnails
c800g-20110607115252.jpg  
Old 8th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rabbit View Post
Anybody replaced the original Tubes into other brand's?
I tried to put Telefunkens(not sure they are real or fake though), but it was so difficult to open up the mic.

By the way, does anyone know where could I get the original Sony tubes(made in Russia)?
They are way longer than ordinary 6AU6As(or 6AU6s).

i had one repair shop "repair" the tubes... they put some groove tubes in it... it sounded like crap and i called them out on it... they admitted to not using original Sony tubes.

afaik, Sony is the only place to get the tubes... yes, they are longer... and they also include a metal sheathing.. if you need it repaired properly, try Korby Audio in Nashville.

-s0nguy
Old 8th June 2011
DAH
Lives for gear

I might check some Russian sites if you'll specify the Russian types. Gotta be the Sovtek tubes?
I seem to have found the type:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search