The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle

I recently purchased the Lexicon PCM Reverb bundle and found it to be a great addition to my arsenal of plug ins and my new "go to" reverb of choice.
Its a bit pricey both worth it.
Has anyone else here tried it and if so,your opinions please.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

I've experienced with its vintage plates, nice echos and space.

Im under the impression they are impulse based, but either way, definitely worth it...nice presets and comprehensive modules.

Reminds me of the sonnox one, function wise.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
I recently purchased the Lexicon PCM Reverb bundle and found it to be a great addition to my arsenal of plug ins and my new "go to" reverb of choice.
Its a bit pricey both worth it.
Has anyone else here tried it and if so,your opinions please.
Another favorite of mine. You on a roll

LexVintagePlate: VocalEchoBPM tailored a bit is my favorite for vocals.

LexPlate: Short Slap Plate (T) tailored a bit on snares is the truth.

Quote:
Im under the impression they are impulse based
They are direct ported code from Lex pcm96. No impulses.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by populardemand View Post
Another favorite of mine. You on a roll

LexVintagePlate: VocalEchoBPM tailored a bit is my favorite for vocals.

LexPlate: Short Slap Plate (T) tailored a bit on snares is the truth.

They are direct ported code from Lex pcm96. No impulses.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

the new Lex plugs are hands down the best plugin reverbs i've heard. My hardware Lexicon 960 has been turned off for months since i got them (no joke).

Right now i'm using the Vintage Plate / Vocal Plate preset on most of Shyne's lead vocals while mixing his new album. I havent used any reverb plugins other than the Lex stuff on the album yet.
Old 29th March 2010

Sure... I've had these since before the release and they are GREAT.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lewis View Post
the new Lex plugs are hands down the best plugin reverbs i've heard. My hardware Lexicon 960 has been turned off for months since i got them (no joke).

Right now i'm using the Vintage Plate / Vocal Plate preset on most of Shyne's lead vocals while mixing his new album. I havent used any reverb plugins other than the Lex stuff on the album yet.

Did you mix Shyne's original album? Can't wait to hear the new stuff!
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

im absolutely loving the random hall algo..but for anyone who's put off by the price i feel you can get an (almost)equally good sound with the 2caudio aether verb.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdavidson View Post
im absolutely loving the random hall algo..but for anyone who's put off by the price i feel you can get an (almost)equally good sound with the 2caudio aether verb.
I believe that you get what you pay for,in most cases.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

i agree. they are my favorite software vrbs hands down.

i'm using a lot of the vintage plates and small rooms.

really loving the em7 hall too!
Old 29th March 2010

It's actually a really great time for plugin reverbs... The PCM bundle and the upcoming Relab LX480 are providing for the first time the power and quality of equivalent hardware units that in the past cost $10k+.
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
It's actually a really great time for plugin reverbs... The PCM bundle and the upcoming Relab LX480 are providing for the first time the power and quality of equivalent hardware units that in the past cost $10k+.
However, it as to be noted, that to use this plugin for the entire period of your professional career, you may very possibly pay that $10k in update/ upgrade fees.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel View Post
However, it as to be noted, that to use this plugin for the entire period of your professional career, you may very possibly pay that $10k in update/ upgrade fees.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why would you assume that? I don't know any company beside Waves that charges any substantial reuse fee for your licenses. I don't think Lexi did that for Lexiverb did they?
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
well, you're blowing it of proportion a little! heh

if you mix for a living, then 1200 for unlimited instances of lexicon reverb is an amazing deal seeing that most people make that in a mix or two and it is paid for after that. even if the plugin is dead in three years, i'm sure i'll get my moneys worth out of it. usually by then, with software anyway, there is something much better out that far down the road anyway. especially with reverb.
Old 30th March 2010

Quote:
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion... because that is complete nonsense. There have already been some updates to the PCM bundle that were FREE.
Old 30th March 2010
I am demoing these and they are so rich and smooth. OMFG!. They make altiverb sound sort of one dimensional. Thanks for the demo again Tony.
Old 30th March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledoodler View Post
I am demoing these and they are so rich and smooth. OMFG!. They make altiverb sound sort of one dimensional. Thanks for the demo again Tony.
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by J CraQ View Post
Did you mix Shyne's original album? Can't wait to hear the new stuff!
I did some tracking on Shyne's first album, and I mixed "Diamonds & Mack 10's" on the Godfather Buried Alive album. This album I'm mixing start to finish.

The Lex stuff is great for this album because i want Shyne's voice to sound dry, but i want it to have space. The Lex stuff (the way i'm using it in this particular instance) is so subtle and transparent on his voice that it just makes it sound bigger and more 3 dimensional without making it sound wet.

The Lex stuff is pretty much the most versatile and high quality stuff on the market and the only plugin verbs that i've personally heard that sound 100% as good as the outboard Lexicon stuff. Someone else just mentioned Altiverb which was so hyped that i bought it six months ago, and i've been really disappointed in it, it does sound one dimensional to me.
Old 30th March 2010
Gear Maniac

wow, i'm hyped to hear about this plugin - i used to have lexiverb back in the day and it sounded AMAZING. anyone care to comment on how the pcm bundle compares to the old lexiverb plugin?

wow, $1.5k! eh, i'd pay that much to have my ol lexiverb back, nothing in the realm of software verbs has ever come close to how nice that one sounded...
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiahwannabe View Post
wow, i'm hyped to hear about this plugin - i used to have lexiverb back in the day and it sounded AMAZING. anyone care to comment on how the pcm bundle compares to the old lexiverb plugin?

wow, $1.5k! eh, i'd pay that much to have my ol lexiverb back, nothing in the realm of software verbs has ever come close to how nice that one sounded...
So much better than lexiveb its ridiculous. You can find them much cheaper than $1500.
Old 30th March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion... because that is complete nonsense. There have already been some updates to the PCM bundle that were FREE.
It was a half joke, but certanily not nonsense. I was pointing out that in the shifting world of computer processing, it is a bit silly to compare the cost of software with hardware equivalents. I learnt the hard way after spending $$'son a now useless suite of UA TDM plugins, and going through upgrade hell when going from PT7 to PT 8. Tiger to Leopard was the same nonsense.

Plugin manufacturers often charge for what they perceive as major rewriting of code, and so I've had to pay extra for Soundtoys,McDSP,Massenberg, Waves etc.
This is the main reason that I started to buy complimentary hardware pieces for my studio, and I am very happy with my cl1b, Dbx 160's,Avalons, Neve 1073 etc,
These boxes are sure to work through any software revision without extra charge.
Plugins have their place, but it's nonsense to do a straight shoot price comparison with hardware.
Being that you are a discount plugin seller, I don't expect you to
openly subcribe to my views.
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did some tracking on Shyne's first album, and I mixed "Diamonds & Mack 10's" on the Godfather Buried Alive album. This album I'm mixing start to finish.

The Lex stuff is great for this album because i want Shyne's voice to sound dry, but i want it to have space. The Lex stuff (the way i'm using it in this particular instance) is so subtle and transparent on his voice that it just makes it sound bigger and more 3 dimensional without making it sound wet.

The Lex stuff is pretty much the most versatile and high quality stuff on the market and the only plugin verbs that i've personally heard that sound 100% as good as the outboard Lexicon stuff. Someone else just mentioned Altiverb which was so hyped that i bought it six months ago, and i've been really disappointed in it, it does sound one dimensional to me.
I kind of like the Altiverb studio space convos such as Cello 1 and 2 and Allaire.

Also,the AMS RMX`16 0.5 second setting tweaked a bit.
Old 30th March 2010

Quote:
It was a half joke, but certanily not nonsense. I was pointing out that in the shifting world of computer processing, it is a bit silly to compare the cost of software with hardware equivalents. I learnt the hard way after spending $$'son a now useless suite of UA TDM plugins, and going through upgrade hell when going from PT7 to PT 8. Tiger to Leopard was the same nonsense.

Plugin manufacturers often charge for what they perceive as major rewriting of code, and so I've had to pay extra for Soundtoys,McDSP,Massenberg, Waves etc.
This is the main reason that I started to buy complimentary hardware pieces for my studio, and I am very happy with my cl1b, Dbx 160's,Avalons, Neve 1073 etc,
These boxes are sure to work through any software revision without extra charge.
Plugins have their place, but it's nonsense to do a straight shoot price comparison with hardware.
Being that you are a discount plugin seller, I don't expect you to
openly subcribe to my views.
Well, it was total nonsense.

Look, I also sell analog gear. I don't want to discourage anyone buying a piece of hardware if it fits their needs. But, you are completely neglecting an important aspect of cost of ownership when it comes to hardware.

Gear breaks all the time.

As someone who owns dozens of pieces of outboard gear, my average annual spending to fix just the vintage stuff I own is several hundred dollars. So, surely if you want to speculate about total cost over the life of a product you would account for that on the hardware side as well.

Plus, with plugins you get multiple instances.. so, you would have to account for purchasing multiples of the hardware as well.

So, you are welcome to do a "straight shoot price comparison" with hardware... Just make sure you don't leave out of all the facts in your excitement to do so.
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I kind of like the Altiverb studio space convos such as Cello 1 and 2 and Allaire.

Also,the AMS RMX`16 0.5 second setting tweaked a bit.
I'm gonna have to try those. Dont get me wrong, i've used Altiverb on mixes, and it works, but didnt give me what the Lex gives me, though maybe i have to try again with these rooms you pointed out. Thanks for the tip PSM!!!
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm gonna have to try those. Dont get me wrong, i've used Altiverb on mixes, and it works, but didnt give me what the Lex gives me, though maybe i have to try again with these rooms you pointed out. Thanks for the tip PSM!!!
Anytime,brother Ken.
Sometimes,in a pinch I just might record the drum kit with one of those room convos thru aux ins just for the hell of it
However,its usually after the fact via a stereo aux return.
The AMS gives me that 80's Power Station kinda thang..
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Im using Lex Live Room 5 right now for that "Bob Clearmountain" style dance /rock thing and its awesome!!!!!!
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im using Lex Live Room 5 right now for that "Bob Clearmountain" style dance /rock thing and its awesome!!!!!!
i'm gonna have to check that one out. In that same bank, I'm really partial to

Medium Tight Room 2
Medium Tight Room 7

they do really cool short room verbs to thicken things up without really sounding like verb
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
i'm gonna have to check that one out. In that same bank, I'm really partial to

Medium Tight Room 2
Medium Tight Room 7

they do really cool short room verbs to thicken things up without really sounding like verb
Oh Yes,those as well.
Ive gotta tell ya that the Lex plugs are a BARGAIN, even if they were twice the price.
I am ****ing loving it!!!
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Well, it was total nonsense.

Look, I also sell analog gear. I don't want to discourage anyone buying a piece of hardware if it fits their needs. But, you are completely neglecting an important aspect of cost of ownership when it comes to hardware.

Gear breaks all the time.

As someone who owns dozens of pieces of outboard gear, my average annual spending to fix just the vintage stuff I own is several hundred dollars. So, surely if you want to speculate about total cost over the life of a product you would account for that on the hardware side as well.

Plus, with plugins you get multiple instances.. so, you would have to account for purchasing multiples of the hardware as well.

So, you are welcome to do a "straight shoot price comparison" with hardware... Just make sure you don't leave out of all the facts in your excitement to do so.
In your haste to be facetious, you seem not to have read that I stated that it was pointless in you/anyone doing a price comparison. In fact, that was my actual point.
How about the fact that the release of the software version, will cause a rash of PCM 96's to appear on ebay, thus driving down the actual cost of the hardware?

I suggest you read more slowly in future...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search