The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 31st March 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel View Post

I suggest you read more slowly in future...
I suggest you not make suggestions.
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

I really like this reverb. Thrilled. It's fantastic at just giving things a little life and dimension without getting in the way. It's not replacing altiverb in my book - altiverb has some very interesting sounding reverbs, whereas the lex is more basic stuff. However, the lexicon is filling a void that altiverb couldn't, and I'm super happy about it.
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lewis View Post

The Lex stuff is great for this album because i want Shyne's voice to sound dry, but i want it to have space. The Lex stuff (the way i'm using it in this particular instance) is so subtle and transparent on his voice that it just makes it sound bigger and more 3 dimensional without making it sound wet.
Care to share the settings ?
Could be a good preset to start from and then tweak to fit the track.
Old 1st April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
I suggest you not make suggestions.
I'm not quite sure what to make of this post, since this is a forum for making suggestions, and airing views with regard to Rap and hip Hop engineering and production.
Your post obviously has nothing to do with the Lexicon PCM native, or its comparison by price or any other quality with the hardware version.

Please clarify if this is meant to be some kind of threat.
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccazzo View Post
"Settings" do not necessarily sound or translate the same from artist to artist because a perfomers timbre and style usually dictates the "setting".
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
"Settings" do not necessarily sound or translate the same from artist to artist because a perfomers timbre and style usually dictates the "setting".
That´s why i said it might be a good starting point.
Im not a preset guy and i know how to tune the reverbs and delay times to a track and to a particular voice , I just thought it might be fun to see how other people use the tools , to get some new ideas and inspiration.
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im not a preset guy and i know how to tune the reverbs and delay times to a track and to a particular voice , I just thought it might be fun to see how other people use the tools , to get some new ideas and inspiration.
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
The presets are pretty basic. Start with the algorithm you want, then pick the color you want (dark, bright, or notched), then go from there.
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am using the Vintage Plate engine, and the very first reverb that boots up with that engine. "Vocal Plate". No tweeking at all. couldnt have been easier. I put it on Shyne's voice and went "hmmmm..... perfect". Part of being a mixer is knowing when NOT to tweek
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am using the Vintage Plate engine, and the very first reverb that boots up with that engine. "Vocal Plate". No tweeking at all. couldnt have been easier. I put it on Shyne's voice and went "hmmmm..... perfect". Part of being a mixer is knowing when NOT to tweek
yessir. took me a long time to learn that!
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Thanx for the setting/preset Ken.

The reason i was asking is that a preset even with the same audio file will not sound the same in my studio as it does in yours.
For eq , reverbs in particular due to acoustics.

I always found reverb one of the trickiest effects to get just right
for a track , some tracks needs a superdry sound but still space , some need massive amounts of reverb to sound just right.

And i am inbetween studios at the moment so mixing in headphones makes
everything just a little bit harder.
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanx for the setting/preset Ken.

The reason i was asking is that a preset even with the same audio file will not sound the same in my studio as it does in yours.
For eq , reverbs in particular due to acoustics.

I always found reverb one of the trickiest effects to get just right
for a track , some tracks needs a superdry sound but still space , some need massive amounts of reverb to sound just right.

And i am inbetween studios at the moment so mixing in headphones makes
everything just a little bit harder.
Reverb is not as you say,tricky.
Its the easiest effect in the world to apply.
Its just that not many hip hop peeps know what the **** they are doing when they try and apply it.
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Reverb is not as you say,tricky.
Its the easiest effect in the world to apply.
Its just that not many hip hop peeps know what the **** they are doing when they try and apply it.
I´ve always found the balance of how wet you can go a bit tricky.
Especially on vocals. In the end i get it right in the mix but sometimes it takes a while to get there and more than a few different settings.
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I´ve always found the balance of how wet you can go a bit tricky.
Especially on vocals. In the end i get it right in the mix but sometimes it takes a while to get there and more than a few different settings.
Just make certain that you place your verb on an aux return insert and then just bus send your dry signal there and just find a happy medium betwwen your dry and wet result.

Example being say for instance.... use stereo bus out 1 and 2 to stereo aux in 1 and 2 with your verb of choice as an insert on the aux return.

Set your verb to 100% WET and use your send and aux faders to find just the right balance.
Sound complcated??
Its not.
Old 2nd April 2010
Gear Maniac

and eq it?
Old 2nd April 2010
Gear Maniac

is tehre something like the "tilted room" inside the presets?
if so, i think i´ll have to buy it.
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
What is a "tilted" room?
Am I missing something great here
Old 2nd April 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
What is a "tilted" room?
Am I missing something great here
Probably means "tiled room".
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adda Audio View Post
and eq it?
i rarely EQ my reverbs (but i do sometimes), but i will sit there and tweek the hell out of them sometimes. You can shape the sound of a reverb much more easily by tweeking the reverb itself as opposed to trying to EQ it. But if your ears tell you it needs EQ for a specific reason, maybe it does.
Old 2nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
yes the Lexicon has tiled room settings. they are pretty sweet.
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Probably means "tiled room".
hehI was just being fecitious
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
yes the Lexicon has tiled room settings. they are pretty sweet.
The Power Station's live chamber 2 was a great tiled bathroom.
I used quite alot on hand claps and snares.(Avatar)
Live chamber 1 was the 5 story stairwell which could be heard on Bonnie Tylers "Total Eclipse Of The Heart"
Old 3rd April 2010
Gear Maniac

I see I made the right purchase today! I sprung for the PCM bundle earlier today, have yet to try them out though... I know how I'm spending my Sat. morning! heh
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizeup7 View Post
I see I made the right purchase today! I sprung for the PCM bundle earlier today, have yet to try them out though... I know how I'm spending my Sat. morning! heh
Nice.

I disagree that Reverb is the easiest thing in the world. There's a lot of choices to make - what is getting sent to what reverb, mix between wet/dry in all elements, multiple reverbs, blending in delays, making sure the reverb fits in the mix - is being heard in the way you want it heard. Pre-delay setting, diffusion choices, size and width choices, damp settings,

I think reverb is difficult because you have a lot of considerations when choosing.
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

the lexicon bundle is probably the first non-convolution reverb i've been happy with, period.
Old 3rd April 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
hehI was just being fecitious
heh

As a side note, the new Relab plugin features the 480's "Tiled Room", which sounded different and some preferred it. It's a great day now that we can have both of these classic top tier reverbs on our laptops. The future truly has arrived for software reverbs.
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's actually a really great time for plugin reverbs... The PCM bundle and the upcoming Relab LX480 are providing for the first time the power and quality of equivalent hardware units that in the past cost $10k+.
Yeah, but we are also making a butt load less then we used to so its still not the greatest deal considering entire plugin bundles cost that much. I wish I could justify the cost but TLspace and revolver are doing just fine for me. I would rather spend the money on the sonnox bundle or 500 series EQ and pre. I think $800 is the max I can do for a single purpose plugin.

Does it come with Rich Plate from the 224??? Love that setting!!
Old 3rd April 2010
Gear Head

Philly, I'm pretty sure your a big fan of the UAD Plate 140, if I'm wrong correct me, but I was wondering if you like the Lexicon reverbs more now? You seem to be blown away by their quality.
Old 4th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
heh

As a side note, the new Relab plugin features the 480's "Tiled Room", which sounded different and some preferred it. It's a great day now that we can have both of these classic top tier reverbs on our laptops. The future truly has arrived for software reverbs.
any expected release date/price on the relab tony?
Old 4th April 2010
Lives for gear

I prefer the sound of Lex. I actually like the altiverb plate better than the uad one as well. Bobby, I'm curious about your preferences as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search