The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kick drum recording talk Consoles
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Im not interested in digging in the crates,so to speak because what I do goes far beyond the crates.
In fact,Ill bet that I am a musician on thousands of the very songs you are digging through.
I just come from a much different place than you in a musical sense,and Im quite proud of it.
Thats cool. I respect that. If you would just keep it humble like you just did,there be much more positivity around here. Im sure you are good at what you do,but you dont always have to remind everyone. No disrespect but you dont have to be the best to still have fun with it. I admit Im so new that I am better with the technical stuff than making music cause I never done it before a year ago. Right now I suck at it,but i still love trying to figure it out.
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyville View Post
This is totally a preference thing - but I love yamaha maples. ESPECIALLY the snares. I would be totally happy with one of those for a Hip Hop song. I like snappy drums because I often find myself hitting them with three or four stages of compression, and having that snap helps it retain it's definition after it's been compressed, limited, and compressed again.

@skiroy: uh... I've recorded a lot of drums. Basically, the diameter is going to determine how low the pitch goes, and the length will determine the length of the sustain. Very long drums will often sound lower even with a smaller diaphragm because they accentuate the low end part of the sound.
No doubt. I know there are mad variables. I figure it out. But I was looking for a maple snare hard but I found a Rogers dynasonic snare.Sounds like a break beat record. What maple snares you like for cheap?I like em mad deep like 14 x 8. Dpends some can go lower sounding without being as deep. But what you think of a catalina maple.
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Check out this thread. Lots of great pictures for getting an idea of all things drum recording

Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search