The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ascii keyboard akai ? ?? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 22nd February 2010
Gear Maniac

ascii keyboard akai ? ??

where can i find a ascii keyboard to use with my s5000 ? what keyboard do you guys use for this task ? Thanks in Advacne heh
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Need an ASCII version keyboard 4 pin plug for my Sampler

Quote:
Originally Posted by big ale View Post
where can i find a ascii keyboard to use with my s5000 ? What keyboard do you guys use for this task ? Thanks in advacne heh
pleeease help
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
You might be out of luck. I have the Z4 and there's a USB Type A connector on the front. You can use many USB accessories...CD-ROMa, thumb drives, and any standard usb keyboard to type out the file names.

The S5000/6000s don't have this feature and only have an option for a card with USB type B on the back of the unit for connecting to a computer.

If you really need to create a lot of programs and type in a bunch of names, it might be worth it to use the USB card along with the Aksys software on an older computer (or virtual). The software can act like a remote control and you can type the names of your files from there.

A lot of folks in the past complained about the Akai software not being stable. In my experience that only applied to large sample transfers. As a remote control it worked fine.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Oh how I loved the E-mu E64 with its standard 5pin DIN connector that was used on PCs at that time.

peace
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

where is the ascii input port on the S5000? My S6000 has typical PS/2 connector on the side of the removable panel.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
where is the ascii input port on the S5000? My S6000 has typical PS/2 connector on the side of the removable panel.
its says "ASCII keyboard" misleadingly on the S5000 front panel but it is a ps2 keyboard that works a treat

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search