The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Talkbox Tube Adapter
Old 17th February 2010
Here for the gear

Talkbox Tube Adapter

Hey good people!

For all you custom-talkboxers out there, I know there are a couple choices in terms of choosing a talkbox tube holder.

i.e.
e-Business

Talkbox tube holder for GoldenThroat&Compression Driver - eBay (item 330402729467 end time Mar-09-10 06:00:19 PST)

http://protalkbox.com/zencart/images/tube%20holder.jpg

I was wondering if some of you have used water adapters as your tube holders or any other hardware store part that can be used as a tube holder. I'm hoping to avoid buying one of those 15 dollar adapters and hoping to get some ideas on some parts I can find at a hardware store.

Thanks for your input folks!

Eric.
Old 17th February 2010
Here for the gear

Anyone?

Does anyone have any experience using some hardware store parts as a talkbox tube holder?
Old 16th April 2019
Here for the gear

Well, about 10 years too late, but I fashioned on a smaller plastic tube to the end of my talk box tube because I kept gagging on the one that came with it. I got the tube a hardware store and used a couple other things like non-toxic sealant and a metal nut (plus a little duct tape) to make sure it was as air tight as the rest of the tube. If anyone reads this, hope it helps.

Also, it did affect the sound a little bit to be slightly more muffled and easier to accidentally mute with my cheek or my tongue but the sound affectation was far outweighed by the increased pronunciation and lack of violent gagging noises.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search