The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Microphone Effects HELP!!!!!! Condenser Microphones
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Wow.

Can't believe it took until the second page for this guy to get told where to go. I'm kind of proud.
Old 19th December 2009
Lives for gear

OP- try preset #7 (industry secret)

I believe in nething
Old 21st December 2009
Gear Maniac

With regards to how rappers can record their vocals and have them sound relatively the same from studio to studio, I would have to say that the rooms they are using is the key factor not necessarily the gear. Start with a good room. Also most rappers i have worked with have a problem with getting to close to the mic, I feel like they want to swallow it.
Old 21st December 2009
Gear Nut

Hmmm...that confrontational tone.....reminds me of someone who (since if I mention his name he will get things interesting)....knows about brown ummm rabbits....
Old 2nd May 2010
Gear Maniac

MIC FX

Hello there I do agree with a few of these peopl on hear...

So i hope this answers a few of your questions. I am new to gear slutz and havent been a slut for a while lol... so im not sure how a responce works or if i am informd when somone response to me..

Answer:
well first off i think the qestion ur asking is what kind of vocal chain they are using...

just from the vid i believe the are using a Telefunken u47 or u 48 great mic!!! about 8,000k for it ... TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik™ - U-47 / U-48

they are probaly using some sort of Neve console and all out borad gear probaly LA2A ... as of artists going to differant studios how can you be sure they are "recording vocals for one song hear and vocals for another song hear"? most people will go to a great studio with tons of out board gear and get there moneys worth and record it. then they have the freedom to go to any studio and get it mixed down... hope that helps

www.offthewallstudio.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search