The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase 5: Export Mixdown, problem low volume
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Cubase 5: Export Mixdown, problem low volume

I get a strange problem, i'm going to be crazy because i don't understand why the track before a bounce has a good volume, after that in Sound Forge the volume is very low why
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

In the audio options (or whatever it's called in those programs), is cubase's output the same as soundforge's?
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic View Post
In the audio options (or whatever it's called in those programs), is cubase's output the same as soundforge's?
They get the same output M-Audio Firewire Solo
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Addict

Import your exported mixdown in Cubase and check if it has the same volume to find out whether the level drop is in the file itself or comes from Soundforge.

If it is indeed the case that the file itself is lower than it should be, I don't have any idea what could cause this. But I would try different output formats/settings and temporarily bypass plugs on the master bus if there are any, to find out what causes it.
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Maniac

I think i have found the problem, at least of F2 toolbar there's an output gain, that is a fake gain
Old 21st November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo46 View Post
I think i have found the problem, at least of F2 toolbar there's an output gain, that is a fake gain
No, that thing controls the fader level of the main stereo output (your 2bus).
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo46 View Post
I get a strange problem, i'm going to be crazy because i don't understand why the track before a bounce has a good volume, after that in Sound Forge the volume is very low why
Are you using the Control Room mixer in Cubase? If so, is the standard VST Connection output to the same hardware output turned off?
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS3 View Post
No, that thing controls the fader level of the main stereo output (your 2bus).
If you check that gain don't going up within master out, if you mean that
Old 21st November 2009
Deleted User
I never touch the Master Fader on the F2 Transport bar. I always do that from the mixer. Either way, it controls the 2 buss master out volume. Where ever you have that set when you do the Export Audiomixdown is the LEVEL it will be
Old 11th December 2009
Gear Maniac

I get the same problem i'm going crazy, also i disabiltated Control Room, it's clearly that the sound has good in Cubase, i tryed in Windows Media Player 10 & Sound Forge the sound has lower, it loses something but the peak has same, i post the mixer & the track

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
Old 12th December 2009
Lives for gear

Your sound is not coming out at a lower level than what Cubase renders it. You can easily verify this by rendering a mix and having it auto-imported back into Cubase and nulling the files. If it sounds lower playing back in another app it's certainly due to the audio settings in the other app and/or on the system audio settings.

Render a mix in Cubase. Import it into Sound Forge. Render it again in Sound Forge at the same sample rate. Those files should be identical. Of course you can have different "monitoring levels" across many different applications that will play back the same audio at various levels... even with the same sound card. Often the monitor level has nothing to do with the master meter level.

Don't worry about it... it's an illusion.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear