The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A Good Read
Old 9th November 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 

A Good Read

I recently picked up the book,"Young,Gifted and Dangerous"--The Making of a Music Mogul, by Jermaine Dupri.

Although it has been out for awhile,I find it to be a good read for all of you aspiring "producers",especially chapter 8 where he really breaks it all down for all of the "wanna be's".

Although somewhat braggadocious,the book is very well written and really takes you behind the scenes into JD's productions as well as his personal life.
Old 9th November 2009
  #2
Gear Maniac
 

totally agreed phillysoulman. I picked it up a while ago for an east to west coast flight. Great read indeed!
Old 10th November 2009
  #3
Gear Addict
 

if you are going to post up a book, at least get the title right.
makes me think you didn't even read it


"young, rich and dangerous"
Amazon.com: Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of a Music Mogul (9780743299817): Jermaine Dupri, Samantha Marshall: Books

$.43 for a used copy, seems like a good deal
Old 10th November 2009
  #4
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord toranaga View Post
if you are going to post up a book, at least get the title right.
makes me think you didn't even read it


"young, rich and dangerous"
Amazon.com: Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of a Music Mogul (9780743299817): Jermaine Dupri, Samantha Marshall: Books

$.43 for a used copy, seems like a good deal
Makes me think that you are a f***ng a**holedfegad
Old 10th November 2009
  #5
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Makes me think that you are a f***ng a**holedfegad
what ever dude.

you are the one that posted up the wrong information.
I even bought the book based on your review.


I'm sorry that your ego is so inflated that you cannot take criticism.
Old 10th November 2009
  #6
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord toranaga View Post
what ever dude.

you are the one that posted up the wrong information.
I even bought the book based on your review.


I'm sorry that your ego is so inflated that you cannot take criticism.
Whatever.

Im so pleased that my review enabled you to purchase the book

Now,for our reading pleasure,please list your credits!!
Old 10th November 2009
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Mr.Amokk's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
I recently picked up the book,"Young,Gifted and Dangerous"--The Making of a Music Mogul, by Jermaine Dupri.

Although it has been out for awhile,I find it to be a good read for all of you aspiring "producers",especially chapter 8 where he really breaks it all down for all of the "wanna be's".

Although somewhat braggadocious,the book is very well written and really takes you behind the scenes into JD's productions as well as his personal life.
I totally gotta agree with you. I was so hyped when I read that book like 2 months ago, that I just had to come up with this thread:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-...g-hip-hop.html

Very good and nice written book, I can only recommend everybody to give it a shot
Old 10th November 2009
  #8
Lives for gear
 
phillysoulman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amokk View Post
I totally gotta agree with you. I was so hyped when I read that book like 2 months ago, that I just had to come up with this thread:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-...g-hip-hop.html

Very good and nice written book, I can only recommend everybody to give it a shot
Cool

I like JDs work ethic.
Old 11th November 2009
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Franco's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Whatever.

Im so pleased that my review enabled you to purchase the book

Now,for our reading pleasure,please list your credits!!

LOL, this cat should get his own forum! He's got credits, cat dammit, he's allowed to misspell!
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump