The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic 8 Clipping/headroom issue
Old 9th November 2009
Lives for gear

Logic 8 Clipping/headroom issue

My logic master bus is constantly clipping, even when i put a pro mixed instrumental it clips but in Pro tools it doesnt clip on the master bus. The individual tracks dont seem to be clipping and have a decent amount of head room, but when i look at the master bus its hitting it HARD. when i lower my tracks to give the master bus headroom it sounds as soft as butter.

I was watching someone make a beat on logic and they had a MASSIVE about of headroom and it was LOUD (in a good way) and jamming. how would i get that in Logic without clipping? i never had this issue in Pro Tools.
Old 9th November 2009
Lives for gear

proper arrangement and frequency balanced... and a foul ass 808 ofcourse
Old 9th November 2009
Lives for gear

hey ladies
Old 9th November 2009
Here for the gear

how about turning down ur master bus and turning up your speaker's volume? also, depending on how much of a certain frequency is being played at once ur head room can be eaten up
Old 9th November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel edwards View Post
how about turning down ur master bus and turning up your speaker's volume? also, depending on how much of a certain frequency is being played at once ur head room can be eaten up
Agreed.
Old 9th November 2009
Gear Addict

In song settings. Go to Audio, change from default -3db compensated to 0 db.

J
Old 11th November 2009
Gear Nut

put a limiter with the default settings on your master bus and leave your master bus's volume at 0 db. problem solved
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthy08 View Post
My logic master bus is constantly clipping, even when i put a pro mixed instrumental it clips but in Pro tools it doesnt clip on the master bus. The individual tracks dont seem to be clipping and have a decent amount of head room, but when i look at the master bus its hitting it HARD. when i lower my tracks to give the master bus headroom it sounds as soft as butter.

I was watching someone make a beat on logic and they had a MASSIVE about of headroom and it was LOUD (in a good way) and jamming. how would i get that in Logic without clipping? i never had this issue in Pro Tools.
Turn down the master fader not the individual tracks. That's what it's for.
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

Looks like everybody misunderstood the problem completely. The OP said the songs/tracks don't clip in PTools. Also professionally mastered tracks have been clipping heavily in Logic, so obviously this is a "settings" issue. I don't own logic so I can't say but I think one guy had an answer that seemed to make sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens View Post
In song settings. Go to Audio, change from default -3db compensated to 0 db.

J
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

Ok i figured it out. For all those who search this in the future, on logic there is 2 Masters 1 "Out 1-2" and 1 "Master". Unlike pro tools there is 2 by default so check to see if "Master" has been increased because it can only be seen by the Mixing window. even thought there is one on the "Inspector" THATS not it. open the mixing window at the bottom.
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

K nice, can't give the "your DAW has a sound" people any supporting evidence heh
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear