The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help choosing a DI for tracking synths
Old 21st August 2005
Gear Head

Help choosing a DI for tracking synths

I just purchased the AMS-Neve 1073 DPA, which should be here Wed. Anyway, I was thinking about picking up the Radial JDI Duplex (passive DI) to run my synths though and then to the mic input on the 1073 DPA (since the 1073 dpa doesn't have an onboard DI). Does anyone know anything about this unit or is there a better unit out there for my needs. I've been hearing good things about the Desk Doctor, Reddi, and the Avalon U5 but they are a bit more pricey.

Also, I'm a bit confussed about the difference between active an passive DI's in terms of sound quality. Should I be looking for an active DI or a passive DI to track synths into the 1073 DPA?

Thanks.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I would also like to know more about this
Old 22nd May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdbcarshowking
I just purchased the AMS-Neve 1073 DPA, which should be here Wed. Anyway, I was thinking about picking up the Radial JDI Duplex (passive DI) to run my synths though and then to the mic input on the 1073 DPA (since the 1073 dpa doesn't have an onboard DI). Does anyone know anything about this unit or is there a better unit out there for my needs. I've been hearing good things about the Desk Doctor, Reddi, and the Avalon U5 but they are a bit more pricey.

Also, I'm a bit confussed about the difference between active an passive DI's in terms of sound quality. Should I be looking for an active DI or a passive DI to track synths into the 1073 DPA?

Thanks.
Why didn't you just get something like the Aurora GTQ which has built in DI inputs AND EQ for less money?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search