The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
East West Hardcore Bass-Does Anyone Use it?
Old 4th July 2009
Here for the gear

East West Hardcore Bass-Does Anyone Use it?

Hey, I'm new here, so I thought I'd ask a question.

I'm using East West Hardcore Bass, and I love the sounds they have, but I don't know how to use it. I kind of understand the concept of the "keyswitch" keys, but how to use them to get a good sound still escapes me.

Does anyone else use Hardcore Bass? Maybe you could give me some pointers. Thanks.
Old 4th July 2009
Lives for gear

I use them a lot, I don't really understand what you mean with "getting good sounds out of it".
The sounds come as they are. I grab a patch I like or combine them, and process them the way I would do with any other bass instrument.
I love to use Guitar Rig on them too but sometimes I do no more than compress and eq.
Old 4th July 2009
Here for the gear

I didn't mean to say "get a good sound". What I meant was using the program to get a realistic sounding bass out of it.

I would guess you have to know some things about actually playing a bass as well too.
Old 5th July 2009
Gear Addict

I really loved EWHCB till I got a real bass.

I used to just stick with legato/sus & program it right. I got some pretty good sounding basslines out of it...
Old 5th July 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheTay View Post
I didn't mean to say "get a good sound". What I meant was using the program to get a realistic sounding bass out of it.

I would guess you have to know some things about actually playing a bass as well too.
Why not get a real bass and play it then?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search