The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Scott Storch's home Studio
Old 19th August 2005
Gear Addict

Scott Storch's home Studio

Does anyone know what type of gear he uses in his new home studio , I have a friend that was over at his home watching him work and told me he has a nice setup ... but this guy does not know much about gear and could not tell me what his ( console .. sampler .. keyboards .. software etc } was .
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

don't know much about gear?? heh how would he know that is was a nice setup? heh

do a search for "SOUND VILLA RECORDING STUDIOS "

http://www.purerecords.com/images/gallery/

I think Pro Audio Designs did the gear install????
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

the scratch mag with em on the cover (i believe) has a litst of alot of his gear with an interview. no pics though. im at work, later, when i get ho,e ill post what he says his gear list is.
Old 19th August 2005

I know all of the gear that was in that room.

It was the old Babyface house in Miami. It had an SSL 4000 and Pro Tools. Monitors were Augsbergers with a couple 18" subs. I sold him some API's and some other stuff, too....
Old 19th August 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic
don't know much about gear?? heh how would he know that is was a nice setup? heh

do a search for "SOUND VILLA RECORDING STUDIOS "

http://www.purerecords.com/images/gallery/

I think Pro Audio Designs did the gear install????
The most important piece of gear is the big bag of chronic sitting on top of the MPC in pic 104...
Old 19th August 2005

Also, I think he is working out of one of the other studios in Miami now. But, that place was hot and so was the house it was attached to.
Old 19th August 2005
Gear Addict

tony are you talking about his house or the house the Villa studio is in ,,, I just heard the Rickey martin track he did ... he took the money and ran that track is wack dfegad the one with fat joe ... Rickey trying to buy back a place in the top 40 and I see Scott is doing tracks for Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson ... hummm starting to look like a money thing .... I guess the cheeba has gone to his head !

I need a new place to buy pro audio stuff in Miami Tony and never liked dealing with that Frangioni guy ..
Old 19th August 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe
tony are you talking about his house or the house the Villa studio is in ,,, I just heard the Rickey martin track he did ... he took the money and ran that track is wack dfegad the one with fat joe ... Rickey trying to buy back a place in the top 40 and I see Scott is doing tracks for Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson ... hummm starting to look like a money thing .... I guess the cheeba has gone to his head !

I need a new place to buy pro audio stuff in Miami Tony and never liked dealing with that Frangioni guy ..
The Villa... It's owned by Joseph Safina.
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

picture 102 says........"hell with this beat, i sure would like some of that"
Old 19th August 2005
Gear Guru

Scott is no longer at that house. He's camped out at the Hit Factory.

Tony, your right about the chronic, VERY important!!!! Especially to Scott

As far as what gear...Motif, MPC 300 and 2000s, SE1X, 5080s, nord (lead??), also is using Reason as a sound module. There's some other stuff, but thats the meat and potatoes.
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe

Try your good friend Mike Harris, he's a Gearslutz member and a stand up guy.
heh
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Maniac

How do you guys know Scott smokes weed before making beats?

rickrock305, are you the same rick rock that produced "make it clap" by Bustah Rhymes?
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Addict

[QUOTE=TonyBelmont]Also, I think he is working out of one of the other studios in Miami now. But, that place was hot and so was the house it was attached to.[/QUOTE ]

Yup, Hit Factory Miami.
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Addict

pic 155 is a good shot of the sound modules . . .
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Addict

This is Desmond Child's old house that use to be the gentleman's club ...
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

my man Chuck is his drummer. he asked me to go down there and check him out and do some work, but it never went through. He says scott is made cool and easy to work with. and yes, he gets green more than any.
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Switchcraft, so you firend is Scott's drummer? So Scott does record live drums and use them in his tracks. Does you man do work for others other than Scott and does he know how to record those Timbo Style Drum kicks that Scott always uses?
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

actually I think he uses MPC for drums. I forgot he said he plays guitar and bass for him more. the dude has worked wiht everyone. Dre, Storch, drums for Bad Brains, roots, kindred and bunch other stuff. he is a session drummer for my other friend David Ivory. i remember him telling me about a 22 inch kik that scott had sampled from him. He actually was gonna give me a bunch of drums samples from Scott. I should have got on him about that. He does have a kit there, but they dont use it much. mostly live instruments and sampled / programmed drums.
later
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Switchcraft, sorry i meant that i think he records the live kick, them he loads up that kick in the mpc and uses it.

Do you think you can get those drum samples from Scott? Like those big 22 inch kicks? I'll buy them from you or even trade i have a huge list of sample cd's and i have a lot of drums myself.

Do you think you can find out how to record those big timbo 22 inch style kicks? Stortch uses them a lot. Like the actual kick drum used, microphone, processing,ect.

Sorry for all the questions, If you can find out i'll definetly hook you up thats forsure.
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataztraphy
How do you guys know Scott smokes weed before making beats?

rickrock305, are you the same rick rock that produced "make it clap" by Bustah Rhymes?

nope not the same...I just jacked his name for forum purposes.

scott smokes before doing ANYTHING, lol. Nah, but he does smoke a LOT, i work with him now and again and I'm good friends with one of his engineers so i go up there and hang out sometimes.
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataztraphy
Do you think you can get those drum samples from Scott? Like those big 22 inch kicks?

LMAO!!!!! Come on man, come back to reality!!!!!!!!!

On the real though, i got a bunch of Storch and Pharrell drums, they're $50 per hit.

Old 20th August 2005
Gear Maniac

rickrock305, are you serious about the drums?

Also commom man dont accuse me of trying to do something. Just mind ya biz
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Guru

i was only half serious, but if you really wanna pay $50/hit, i got thousands of drum samples heh And yes, they do come from Storch and Pharrell, but i think you'd be sadly disappointed and wouldn't believe me when you hear them
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Maniac

rickrock305, sadly disapointed? why they didnt give you any of they're good stuff?

$50 per hit is funny lol! but i'll pay $20 if you've got any of what im looking for.
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Addict

what is the Storch cheeba goung for in da 305
Old 20th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchcraft
actually I think he uses MPC for drums. I forgot he said he plays guitar and bass for him more. the dude has worked wiht everyone. Dre, Storch, drums for Bad Brains, roots, kindred and bunch other stuff. he is a session drummer for my other friend David Ivory. i remember him telling me about a 22 inch kik that scott had sampled from him. He actually was gonna give me a bunch of drums samples from Scott.
Chuck Treece is indeed one helluva musician, all around. Cool too.

How's Dave Ivory? I haven't seen him in ages, since he moved out to the 'burbs.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search