The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I have a chance to be on BET
Old 1st July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Out of the two, I actually have an easier and better time dealing with non-singing chicks with high hopes. It's the egotistical, lacking in talent rappers that I have a hard time dealing with, considering the fact that I've been rapping for years myself and can't stand that "weak sauce" they call rap. I rather have a good looking chick in my session than some weed-smelling D-Bag anyday.
Because at least you get to look at her for 6 hours straight while you're getting paid I even had one of them buy me dinner
Old 1st July 2009
Gear Addict

+1 vote here.... i really like that.. [email protected]
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

If i could vote for u twice i would...lol. Loved the whole concept...excecution and all.

However, after lookin at "So Ghetto", you have to remember the makeup of BET's audience. 98% of them can relate to the song and the video. It's garbage, yes, but people will always go with **** they can identify with. Ghetto American stereotypes...kool-aid, grilled cheese, food stamps, ect....most of them n**gaz prolly saw that video and thought "yo...dis is my LIFE son! dis **** is HILARIOUS!!".

That in itself is kinda sad but that's a whole different rant...
Old 1st July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell Blaze View Post
If i could vote for u twice i would...lol. Loved the whole concept...excecution and all.

However, after lookin at "So Ghetto", you have to remember the makeup of BET's audience. 98% of them can relate to the song and the video. It's garbage, yes, but people will always go with **** they can identify with. Ghetto American stereotypes...kool-aid, grilled cheese, food stamps, ect....most of them n**gaz prolly saw that video and thought "yo...dis is my LIFE son! dis **** is HILARIOUS!!".

That in itself is kinda sad but that's a whole different rant...
Wow, that is really sad.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislago View Post
Wow, that is really sad.
no it's not. It's called demographics and you admit to succumbing to it yourself ("my audience exists of teenage girls who love to hear that type of s***").
I think it's a very smart move by that kid. He obviously understands the context where his music/video fits in and plays the community by feeding them something they can relate to. Good marketing, imo.

anyway
max777, you got my vote.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

on another note (no hijack attempt)
I think it's great people are starting to make their own videos with limited means, but maximum results.
I just got a call from a friend who basically said "fvck it" and saved up some money for a nice camera, lenses and a Final Cut Pro setup and learned how to shoot, edit and composite videos. After one year this cat is shooting videos like crazy, and the quality is very good. He's really coming up and I'm glad to be in his camp. Check out some of his stuff (some of it is in Dutch):
E-VILLE PROJECTS 2008/2009
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Ya I know what you mean bro, but then again we live in a superficial world so I expect no better of these guys. A lot of dumb people eat up that BS these rappers are saying as if they were homeless and in a soup kitchen.... as if they had absolutely no other choice in the matter.
When more people are ready to start listening to and appreciating good lyrics, then things might get better. Until then, we will continue hearing more useless drivel, and have no choice but to listen to that crap while we mix it.
thank you
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
One shot, eh? Not bad. But nothing beats this "one shot scene" in my opinion.heh

my personal favorite is this one

Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

BET is a total joke these days.
Did anyone watch that bloody awful awards show the other night and all of those bloody ignorant fools who have the gall to call themselves artists??
Every other word was bleeped out and what was with Ving Rhames acting like a drunken fool coming up on the stage uninvited??
**** was like a f***ing minstrel show and extremeley demeaning.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post
Did anyone watch that bloody awful awards show the other night and all of those bloody ignorant fools who have the gall to call themselves artists??
Every other word was bleeped out and what was with Ving Rhames acting like a drunken fool coming up on the stage uninvited??
Ooohh, don't get me started with BET!

BET= Bull**** Entertainment Television
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
QFT and [email protected] show.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius View Post
Ooohh, don't get me started with BET!

BET= Bull**** Entertainment Television
They may as well show reruns of Amos and Andy.
THATS how bad they have become.
What ever happened to class programming.
Not just BET, but most of the "other" peoples shows including no talents like Paris,Nicole,Kim and the all the rest.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max7777 View Post
Hey guys,

My music video "Ridin" recently was elected by BET as one of their top 5 independent music videos. All 5 videos get to be voted on by the public and after 1 month, whoever has the most votes gets to have theirs on TV.

Somehow, the guy that is in first place has over 450,000 votes!! I on the other hand am in second place with 61,000 votes.

Other people only have 110, and 201 votes. I personally think that these polls have been tampered. Not only that, but BET made my music video look so pixelated that I don't blame people for not voting for me. Check it out and let me know what you think and please VOTE FOR ME!

P.S.- We shot my music video for only $42, I bet the others can not say that about theirs.

Ya Heard | The Deal | OnTV | BET.com
Didn't wanna hijack... You got my vote man! Imagine what you could do with $84!!! heh
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=phillysoulman;4336236]BET is a total joke these days.
**** was like a f***ing minstrel show and extremeley demeaning.[/QUOTE

my daughter had it on last night .. it made me feel sick weve come so far and love to step back
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=DirtyMan;4336499]
Quote:

my daughter had it on last night .. it made me feel sick weve come so far and love to step back
TV one is where its at!
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=Synthy08;4336593]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan View Post

TV one is where its at!
At least TV One has quality programming so to speak, and I pray that it stays that way.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=DirtyMan;4336499]
Quote:

Agreed.
The FCC needs to pull the plug on BET until they get their act together.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=Synthy08;4336593]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMan View Post

TV one is where its at!
I'm on the fence with TV One.... I think they are slowly becoming BET...
Old 1st July 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
They may as well show reruns of Amos and Andy.
THATS how bad they have become.
What ever happened to class programming.
Not just BET, but most of the "other" peoples shows including no talents like Paris,Nicole,Kim and the all the rest.
+1
I've been a member for over a year now and I just read and search for everything. I have been blessed to find this site and get some invaluable info from everyone here(good and bad). I have only post to buy some items from our peers and nothing has bothered me more than the BET awards. Especially the Young Money performance; BET tried to honor MJ and they came to "I wish I could F every girl in the world". My mouth dropped to the floor, not to mention "Michael Jackson is like guns, they don't depreciate."

1. I understand they were promoting they're new song, but come on. Even Drake had to rush in and say "LOVE every-girl", they were cursing ridiculously. Many of us (HipHop) don't understand the concept of time & place. I personally curse a lot but even i was truly embarrassed.

2. I thought the Babyboy skit was funny (Taraji & Tyrese), I think Mr.Rahmes didnt think that one through. tutt

Just my two cents... Sorry for going off topic but I had to say something. I'm that philly dude that turns down my radio if I know its alot of cursing in a song. lol.

Now the vids: I loved the concept of your vid, it was very artistic and musically refreshing. Yet, i do understand how the "Ghetto" vid got so many votes. Its colorful and action filled, it reminded me of "Parents just don't understand". All that said you got my support.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=voicegenius;4336633]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthy08 View Post

I'm on the fence with TV One.... I think they are slowly becoming BET...
If thats the case,then they need to get their act together as well.

Re BET, I cant believe that the AF-AM community wants to see the kind of garbage that they call quality programming.
Are folk really that stupid to accept those shows as being entertaining and indicative of real life??
And T.I.s wife,Tiny.
What a piece of work she is.
TOTALLY ghetto,at best.
Give me a break.
Our minds have to COME OUT of the ghetto and not retreat deeper into it.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

when I was still living in the US (till about 2002) I thought BET was actually degrading to black people instead of being there for their best interest. No class, no style, no vision, no creativity and all they do in the corporate office is bicker and fight over who gets to be the boss and handle the cash.
WB was turning into some kind of BET (don't know how that is now) but at least they had some funny shows.
BET has made a caricature of themselves, confirming all the prejudisms US whites may have about blacks.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=phillysoulman;4336679]
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius View Post
If thats the case,then they need to get their act together as well.

Re BET, I cant believe that the AF-AM community wants to see the kind of garbage that they call quality programming.
Are folk really that stupid to accept those shows as being entertaining and indicative of real life??
And T.I.s wife,Tiny.
What a piece of work she is.
TOTALLY ghetto,at best.
Give me a break.
Our minds have to COME OUT of the ghetto and not retreat deeper into it.
Money doesn't change your character, it only enhances it... And why, oh why, did they bring KIDS out on that Drake song?

Fantastic programming...
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear
Man I was listening to Songs in the Key of Life when someone reminded me that the BET arards were on, so I went straight from pastime paradise to lil wayne yelling obnoxiosly into the mic. Ouch.

It reminded me of that Boondooks where MLK comes back to life. . .

Nice vid by the way, I voted for ya.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Ughh dont get me started on BET just the name comes off as racist to any other group than african americans ....its like people wont let it go....do we need White tv or mexican tv or black tv? Are we Still not over our diffrences? Im one of those people that think that these types of things keep hatred or at least the barriers up between each other, unhealthy and pretty sad really........
Old 1st July 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
YouTube - Confessions of a B.E.T. Producer Part II

This explains why BET sucks.
Old 1st July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaellus View Post
Ughh dont get me started on BET just the name comes off as racist to any other group than african americans ....its like people wont let it go....do we need White tv or mexican tv or black tv? Are we Still not over our diffrences? Im one of those people that think that these types of things keep hatred or at least the barriers up between each other, unhealthy and pretty sad really........
+1 what he said.
Old 1st July 2009
Gear Head

Hey the website let me vote again!

tbh that So Ghetto song is kind of interesting, just something about it makes my brain cringe, like gucci mane watching a VH1 reality show, or a really bad version of N*E*R*D 'Lapdance'...

Anyway, 'Ridin' got my vote again.
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max7777 View Post
Hey guys,

My music video "Ridin" recently was elected by BET as one of their top 5 independent music videos. All 5 videos get to be voted on by the public and after 1 month, whoever has the most votes gets to have theirs on TV.

Somehow, the guy that is in first place has over 450,000 votes!! I on the other hand am in second place with 61,000 votes.

Other people only have 110, and 201 votes. I personally think that these polls have been tampered. Not only that, but BET made my music video look so pixelated that I don't blame people for not voting for me. Check it out and let me know what you think and please VOTE FOR ME!

P.S.- We shot my music video for only $42, I bet the others can not say that about theirs.

Ya Heard | The Deal | OnTV | BET.com

- Nice song (vibe, vox, beat)
- Good Video (good concept + camera)

You def got my vote!

The Ghetto song is an earcatcher...but personally...I just like the mood of your's more...PLUS the production sounds better to me...

RESPECT.
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Head

Thanks so much Mr. Amokk I appreciate that. Especially because I recorded, mixed, and mastered the song myself in my apartment bedroom and I know those other guys used professional studios. Just trying to get heard you know?
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5StarProject View Post
I understand they were promoting they're new song, but come on. Even Drake had to rush in and say "LOVE every-girl", they were cursing ridiculously. Many of us (HipHop) don't understand the concept of time & place. I personally curse a lot but even i was truly embarrassed.
That song is one of the most ignorant pieces of music I have heard in a long time (catchy non-the-less though). Can't beleive they don't even have the sense to edit their lyrics in prep for performing it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search