The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Grudge Match: MPC 4000 vs. Roland MV-8000
Old 28th August 2010
Gear Head

It aint even that. It's like this. How are you gonna complain about the girl with titties when your girl is flat chested.

If I may use such an analogy.
Old 3rd November 2010
Here for the gear

mV 8000 vs mpc 4000

Started making beats about 6 years ago got the privilege to start off with an MPC 4000.
After I sold it bought an MPC 1000 but it wasn’t the same saved up for anther MPC 4000 nothing compared but could afford the 1400$ so I sold it again. Hey I need the money….
Ok now I wanted to make music / beats again.. but no way I have 1400$ for a mpc4000 and I don’t recommend the 1000……

SO after reading a bunch of reviews …I found a MV 8000 for 375$ had to buy it .. 1000$ less then the 4000 …….how is it???????

I love it took me about 1month to learn and made a few beats already I posted one on my my space so yall can compare it the MPC4000 I also have MPC beats…the mV8000 makes it real easy to sample but I sampled from the TV and it’s a bit static ie but the MV 800sounds good.to me will post more beats as I make them… don’t believe the bad post on MVs ……….1000$ cheaper is way worth it..
http://www.myspace.com/d1anonlyproductions
Old 11th May 2011
Here for the gear

save yourself about 600$ and buy the MV .. I have used the MPC 4000 for 4 years and MPC 1000 for 1 year.. ..I bought the MV for 400$ and I have only had it for 4months and my beats are the beast ever ..don't believe me... listen for yourself..Onlywaybeats.com Buy beats Online - it wasn't hard to learn either..
Old 9th July 2011
Gear Nut

I have an MV and I'm sorry the 4000 ****s all over it.
Old 9th July 2011
Lives for gear

i was going to post this in the 'who's killing it right now' thread but it seems to have vanished from gearslutz. i can't believe he's doing all this with the mv and an fx box. just found out about him tonight. mind blown again. edit: i've not owned either mpc or mv and yes i have seen araabmuzik on youtube also : )

Old 9th July 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace View Post
which is better? Whattya say?
mpc 4000 allday every day
Old 10th July 2011
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_wax View Post
Um, compared to the others in the MPC family, it's kind of a nice toy.

Lots of core features lacking... And the editing just blows... Fine if you just want a box to pound out beats on, tho. (And if you have no experience with the others --ahem-- you won't know the difference.)
I have used every MPC at one time or another and my 1000 with jj os2xl is the best in my opinion, at least for my needs! with the plain Akai os it is not that great but with it.......this thing is a beast!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search