The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Running FL Studio On A iMac. Any Luck?
Old 20th June 2009
Running FL Studio On A iMac. Any Luck?

I have FL Studio on my PC which is in my house but i want to run it on my iMac which is the studio computer out in the studio.

Ive heard for a while that you can run Windows on a Mac but never done this and not sure what steps to take.

Do I go buy Windows?
What do I need to do to prepare my iMac?
Old 20th June 2009
Lives for gear

Run it under bootcamp.

Google bootcamp...install windows xp, install FL. Haven't done it personally but know it works decently on a mac book pro.
Old 20th June 2009
Oh ok. My PC is currently on Window Vista 64bit. Im used to it, I like it. When going out to purchase Windows, should I look to buy Windows Vista?
Old 20th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycapmusic View Post
Oh ok. My PC is currently on Window Vista 64bit. Im used to it, I like it. When going out to purchase Windows, should I look to buy Windows Vista?
Id say run it on Xp, a lot better for VST compatibility.
Old 20th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislago View Post
Id say run it on Xp, a lot better for VST compatibility.
co-sign. i still rock XP pro, and it's stable as ****. don't mess with what works. plus, buying an OEM copy of XP should be really damn cheap these days.
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post
Run it under bootcamp.

Google bootcamp...install windows xp, install FL. Haven't done it personally but know it works decently on a mac book pro.
If that's the case it should work on the iMac too then; it's basically the same machine the Mac Book is.
Old 21st June 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycapmusic View Post
I have FL Studio on my PC which is in my house but i want to run it on my iMac which is the studio computer out in the studio.

Ive heard for a while that you can run Windows on a Mac but never done this and not sure what steps to take.

Do I go buy Windows?
What do I need to do to prepare my iMac?
It seems to be working for me on my iMac, but I'm only running the demo of FL and haven't gone through everything yet (just downloaded the demo this morning). Yes, you will need a copy of XP. Go into the Utilities folder on your Mac and start the Boot Camp Assistant. Follow the prompts and you should be all set.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search