The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
24/96 sound and quality!!
Old 19th June 2009
Gear Nut

24/96 sound and quality!!

How can i get 24/96 quality?Do i gotta have digi 003 to accomplish this?Talk to me sombody...Thanks
Old 19th June 2009
You need an application that will process 24/96, then you need an interface or A/D converter that will output this format to the application. I think just about every audio workstation application these days can do 24/96.

The Digi 003 will do this but so will a $30 soundcard as will a $7500 Lavry A/D converter provided you have a digital audio input into your PC.
Old 19th June 2009
Gear Nut

Ahhhhh ok,im really fast learner..Now i get it,thanks!
Old 20th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdagamer View Post
How can i get 24/96 quality?Do i gotta have digi 003 to accomplish this?Talk to me sombody...Thanks
I don't mean this in any offensive way, but from the sound of it, I don't know that you'd be able to really appreciate any difference between 96k and other sample rates. You might be better off first worrying about more simple and tangible improvements, like monitors, room treatment, and just simply practicing your craft.
Old 20th June 2009
Gear Nut

Preciate dat man
Old 20th June 2009
Lives for gear

If you record in 24/96 cool, but it's not necessary for quality. What it will do is greatly increase the time to render your files and the size of the files. Then you need to dither it down anyway in the end when you want to put your stuff out. Not really worth it unless you have a strong computer and lots of disk space. You can get quality at 24/44.1 that is quite fine and most people use that.

Darwin
Old 20th June 2009
Deleted #29527
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
I don't mean this in any offensive way, but from the sound of it, I don't know that you'd be able to really appreciate any difference between 96k and other sample rates. You might be better off first worrying about more simple and tangible improvements, like monitors, room treatment, and just simply practicing your craft.
I agree!
Unless you work on e.g. classical music, I doubt you will really need to use 96k.
99% of the projects I been a part of work with 44.1 or 48khz.
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
AMEN stick to 44.1/24 you'llnever know the difference,especially with rap.
Plus you'll be using up 4 times as much drive space.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search