The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
funky pop filters??? LAWD!!!
Old 15th August 2005
Lives for gear

funky pop filters??? LAWD!!!

ok, now I know many artists have bad breath, so "them-there" pop filter sure got funky. How do u clean or should i say refreshen" yours?

I til to pull it away from the mic and spray it with a tiny bit of lysol from about 12-16 inches away.

dam.....i just thought about how funky the mics are..........LMAO heh mouth after mouth after mouth.

P.S. any big name cats with bad breath??
Old 15th August 2005
Gear Guru

there is nothing worse than that smell of a stinky pop filter or mic.

at our studio, we have a vintage Neumann that absolutely REAKS when you smell the grill!!!! It is SOOOO nasty. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.
Old 15th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
there is nothing worse than that smell of a stinky pop filter or mic.

at our studio, we have a vintage Neumann that absolutely REAKS when you smell the grill!!!! It is SOOOO nasty. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.
If you send it out for service, it will come back odor free... and nicer sounding.

BTW even the metal "steadman" pop filter gets funky, but you can wash it in the lounge's dishwasher.
Old 16th August 2005
Gear Guru

Fajita, just noticed your in Miami...whats up neighbor!!!!
Old 16th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Fajita, just noticed your in Miami...whats up neighbor!!!!
YO HO!!!

I've been working with a kid named Scotty Boi. Heard of him?
Old 16th August 2005
Gear Guru

i think i may have heard of him, but not heard him. Is it any good?

I work at South Beach Studios, and a couple of other spots around town with various folks.
Old 16th August 2005
Gear Guru

by the way, who do you deal with as far as gear purchases and stuff around here? I'd like to find somebody to let me try out some stuff before i buy, more specifically some compressors for vocals.
Old 16th August 2005
Lives for gear

I work @ the Discovery Channel, but I freelance at some tiny joints, including my own.

His flow is good, but at times I have him re-doing lines cuz his diction gets sloppy.

He's part of the Tri-County Gangsters. Or at least that's the people that he talks about in his rhymes.

We did drops for X102.3 in WPB last month, so he's getting some airplay up there.
Old 16th August 2005
Gear Guru

cool. yea, we've been doing a lot of stuff for TLC or the Discovery channel lately, just simple VO stuff. We've been doing a lot of the Miami Ink stuff
Old 16th August 2005
Lives for gear

Sorry for the hijack....

rickrock305 check your PM's
Old 16th August 2005
Lives for gear

Just wash that sucker in warm soapy water...

Some of that **** can smell almost as bad as putrid belly button fluff... which is very nasty indeed.

Dont EVER get near any rehearsal room mics. If you want a singer to buy their own mic, tell them exactly how nasty a 5 year old rehearsal room mic can smell (and look if you have to clean the inside)... uuuugh

Old 17th August 2005
Gear Guru

i really just gagged reading that...thanks
Old 17th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
i really just gagged reading that...thanks

LMAO.............man i took u wiff of the p-filter after a session last night. Dam.......I started to throw it away.....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search