The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Don't laugh but...
Old 14th August 2005
Lives for gear

Don't laugh but...

I finally got round to copying all of the Garageband loops from my Mac Mini to take to the studio to fully evaluate them. Don't laugh but...

There are some very usable loops there. Good quality samples considering what they were created for. I loaded a hip-hop drum loop I liked into Acid and gave it some support by also adding a funk drum loop and another sparser hip-hop loop.

All together they sound really, really fat and really tight. Not bad at all. Anyway...

I had played around with Garageband for about 6 months using my Klipsch speakers in my den. I was not impressed partly because of the mini's slow disk drive and how slow the app works when you try to do something serious in it on the mini.

In the studio? I'm impressed. I'm gonna go through them all and cut some individual drum hits away for Fruity Loops to use. There are some very good samples lurking in there.

Lawrence
Old 14th August 2005
Lives for gear

I took the Hip Hop kit and sampled it into an SP-1200 that I borrowed and had no sound discs and I needed some sounds PRONTO for a project.

Turned out amazing thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search