The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The OFFICIAL "Please Check Out My Mix/ Music" Thread Condenser Microphones
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Addict

Really dark, and heavily inspired by the Weeknd. I'll appreciate ANY advice, and please tell me if I overdid the low-pass filters... The kind of advice I'd REALLY appreciate is how to make such a minimal beat sound full and how to get my drums to hit hard like Weeknd drums (however, like I said, any advice is great).
Attached Files

Try All You Like.mp3 (1.34 MB, 75 views)

Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

nice man i can dig it. eveything sounds great and up front. the dark organ was sitting well and a nice addition. I think you could let off the bass a little or a little less on the distortion though. and some real advice, do you and dont worrie about what other people are doing. great track.
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear interested

Is this audio good enough?

Hi! I want to record at home but have my mixes done by a professional engineer. My set up is a AT 2035 into a Apogee Duet 2 and on to a Macbook Pro. My room is probably less than ideal...

However. Can any of you give an opinion about this: Will this be a good enough input for an engineer? The vocals are without any compression or EQ. Captured in 24 bit 44.1.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: aif Sound_test.aif (6.82 MB, 58 views)
Old 23rd December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Attached Thumbnails
The OFFICIAL "Please Check Out My Mix/ Music" Thread-541355_479605188740290_1459704755_n.jpg  
Old 26th December 2012
Gear Addict

Probably one of the better samples I found this year. Enjoy.
Old 26th December 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Rash View Post
sounds super dope imo. would love to here the final
Old 27th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNe5t View Post
swag?

Swag.
Old 27th December 2012
Gear addict

I was going for an Stankonia type vibe with this 1

Old 28th December 2012
Lives for gear

New beat in my sig!
Old 28th December 2012
Gear Head
Hi everyone,

Although I've been reading this forum for a couple months now, this'll be my first post.

When it comes to mixing or making music in general, I am about as noob as it gets (only been doing it for a couple months).

This is the first ever song I've mixed and It'd be great to get some feedback to see if i'm on the right track. Also i'm mixing for a mixtape, so the beat is just an mp3 file (which i've eq'd, duplicated, panned, etc.).

Thanks!
Attached Files

dosin' off_rough_0006.mp3 (7.68 MB, 73 views)

Old 29th December 2012
Gear maniac

Good day fellow gearslutz.

If you have a few minutes please drop by our website and take a listen to our newly released 'The Viza Mixtape". Includes a variety of hip-hop and rap.

http://atwozmusic.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcEEY071ZZ4 - Recent pro studio mix session - photos, some video

Thank you.

Zlaya from A2Z
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

trying some new experimental stuff here. I'm going to rearrange the track and add a better intro and outro later. The tracks posted 16 bit 44.1 first mix. its all Moog Slim Phatty and Roland MV8800 with one guitar and vocal sample chopped up. drums are stock MV, everything else is SP synth. Im posting looking for some advice as well as Im thinking the lows are too much due to my room. I did turn them down but still need an outside opinion..all other criticisms or opinions 100% welcomed good or bad..I have thick skin! so let me have it.
Attached Files

Dark Moog.mp3 (5.53 MB, 88 views)

Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

Old 30th December 2012
Gear interested

Kendrick Lamar Swimming Pools Type Beat

This beat was inspired by swimming pools... let me know what you think of it...
criticism is much appreciated...
Attached Files

robert.mp3 (7.87 MB, 73 views)

Old 30th December 2012
Gear interested
Old 31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
Gear Addict

Check out my new track!

Hey guys, check out my new one, and let me know what you think.

Cheers

Old 31st December 2012
Gear Maniac

Here's a track I'm working on, using samples of live drums my friend and I made around 10 years ago. Feedback is appreciated.

Old 31st December 2012
Old 1st January 2013
Gear Head

Experimental rap music.
Old 1st January 2013
Gear Addict

Old 2nd January 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrstudios View Post
Check Out An EP I just released.

Produced/Mixed By Me.

Mastered by Waltz Audio | Online Mastering by Tom Waltz

Hi mate, new to the forum but an avid music fan and budding producer myself. Had a look in here for a listen just as routine, first one I came across was this and I honestly have to say mate, I was EXTREMELY impressed with it, very very classy EP. I appreciate the work youve done and can genuinely say I might stick this on my ipod and listen in my car, I thought Id give some critique and praise!

1. Intro
Excellent intro, definately a thing thats alot more common in hiphop albums nowadays and this is a good example or how it can be done, very basic and mellow to ease you into the rest of the ep.
7.5/10

2. 4th Qtr MJ
Worried about it as the first 10seconds seemed a little bit out of place but as soon as the hook sets in nice and early and the beat gets going, I started getting into it. Maybe a bit of an easy hook subject matter but it works nonetheless, both artists sound clear and fit the nature of the beat very well.
7.5/10

3. Moment of Truth
The guitar sound at the very beginning (0-10seconds) is beautiful but I feel the rock guitar that sets in after sets it off kilter, and it then goes away at 23s and I immediately got back into the track, the singer sounds like Jamie Foxx and really fits well and the mini verse sets up the next guy well.
Id have to say its the best song of the EP, very laid back, if only those Bon Joviesque rock guitars were replaced with something else!
9/10

4. A Week Ago
Nice beat, love the use of the police radio effect aswell as the tone of the piano. Maybe a tiny bit too synthy in parts but the hook is very catchy and the song reminds me of Graduation era Kanye.
8.5/10

5. They Aint Neva Ride
Not really my type of beat, I can see some people feeling it though and the rapping again is pretty good and kept me listening despite the fact I wasnt 'feeling it'.
6.5/10

6. Drip Drop
Promising start, similair to Moment of Truth but still sets itself apart. I really feel this and MOT are where the EP stands out in its R&B/HipHop genre middleground where I feel both artists work together best. The lyrics might be a bit risque for radio play is the only thing Id say.
7/10

Overall Id really like to give praise to all guys involve, production and lyrics/delivery are real quality. Really gonna look out for any further productions by you guys and expect you to further refine the sound and maybe go a bit more down the "Luxury" R&B wale style route.

Overall, 8.5/10
Old 2nd January 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskafiska View Post
Hi! I want to record at home but have my mixes done by a professional engineer. My set up is a AT 2035 into a Apogee Duet 2 and on to a Macbook Pro. My room is probably less than ideal...

However. Can any of you give an opinion about this: Will this be a good enough input for an engineer? The vocals are without any compression or EQ. Captured in 24 bit 44.1.

Thanks!
Hi Fiska, your example sounds pretty good to me, I think any pro mixer can work with it.
Good luck!

Jorge
Old 4th January 2013
The J.Hexx Project-Human Jigsaw Puzzle

Old 5th January 2013
Gear Nut

Lot's of good StuffIt here, talented People, i World prefer though if more of you linked to Soundcloud, so i Can follow up on you

I World appreciate if you wanna check out my Music, i make lots of different stuff, but mostly beats lately:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamindkz

Thanks
Old 5th January 2013
Gear interested

Old 6th January 2013
Gear maniac

Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Theatre View Post

Cheers

Sounding great, weird and wonderful as ever Dan, nice one.
Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Theatre View Post

Cheers

Very strange and beautiful. Inspiring!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search