The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Show me whatcha workin with
Old 12th August 2005
Show me whatcha workin with

I just finished an EP for this cat Ramone. I think he's talented for a 19 year old. Honestly he's been a great lyricist as far back as I can remember, but now he's starting to get his grown man voice and he's focusing on songwriting.

I wanna here what you cats are working on. Post em up.
Attached Files

01 - Val.mp3 (6.58 MB, 655 views)

Old 12th August 2005
Wood grain switchin lanes Imma hold ya down. This is my favorite cut on the EP. I'm still trying to get used to the whole screwed thing. Maybe I'll like it more if I sip some sizzurp.
Attached Files

02 - Hold Ya Down.mp3 (6.37 MB, 433 views)

Old 13th August 2005
Lives for gear

Fa sho. The 1st one is cool P. I still have to get into the screwed thing too heh

But his is an artist called "CUTLESS". Beat done on the classic ASR-10 and recorded/mixed in Protools. He's doing a few promo things right now, and giving away a free EP with a video on the cd.

peep the song

Attached Files

dahustle.mp3 (4.69 MB, 327 views)

Old 13th August 2005
Lives for gear

Nothin major, just some demo stuff we're workin on. Comments would be cool.
Attached Files

05_-_check_yourself.mp3 (3.58 MB, 420 views)

Old 13th August 2005
Gear Addict

Rough instrumental - still needs tweaking, but check it. Vocalist is fantastic - this was her first take without ever hearing it at all.
Attached Files

mix-middle of the night-1.mp3 (3.77 MB, 388 views)

Old 13th August 2005
Lives for gear

Listened to "hold ya down". Nice work Paul. He's pretty good.
Old 13th August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5
Listened to "hold ya down". Nice work Paul. He's pretty good.
Thanks. I think he's pretty good too, by the time he's in his early 20's he'll be spittin flames.

Great stuff guys, keep em comin.
Old 13th August 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic
Nothin major, just some demo stuff we're workin on. Comments would be cool.
Man this is really amazing. Like I seriously think it's fantastic. Any info the artist? I hope she can get signed with that. It's quite rad, and who wrote the beat? It is also very good imo. Though the I don't particularly like the kick drum, my only complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedjerome
Rough instrumental - still needs tweaking, but check it. Vocalist is fantastic - this was her first take without ever hearing it at all.
This is cool. I didn't know what to make on the first listen. But after listening a couple more times I have to say it's quite good although a little minimal. I hate to make comparisons to things, but it reminds me of like what some of the vibe on the last Bubba Sparxxx album would have translated into if it was an underground album. The vocal is kinda haunting, I could really imagine something great going on top of this beat. It's cool.

Here is a little instrumental I have been working on... Some older West Coast type sound.
Attached Files

Red_venom - So Summer.mp3 (3.77 MB, 302 views)

Old 13th August 2005
Lives for gear

..we're just trying to perfect **** and make something that hasn't been done before. the beat is a collab between us 2 and the vocalist is my sis. we're not trying to get signed just make something that we agree is close to what we'd want to hear.
Old 18th August 2005
Gear Addict

I've enjoyed listening to your stuff. Nice to see different places people are coming from. I'm hoping to hear more and not let this thread die so soon. Thanks and pax, Jerome
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

"dahustle" is a pretty fat track. sounds like somewhere between eminem and scott storch. the rapper is ok, kinda reminds me of spice 1.

"check yourself", the music is really cool, sort of a massive attack feel. the girl has decent delivery but bad voice, sounds like bad white girl rap to me.
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Attached is a couple slightly rough demos of some, what I consider, very talented emcees that I do some work with
Attached Files

KnubreedCrackFoundation.mp3 (3.97 MB, 228 views)

KnubreedWeNeverTalk.mp3 (3.96 MB, 176 views)

Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Here's one rough production mix. Suburban teenage cauc hip-hopper Eminem type. He sequenced the beat on a Tritton (or that other one) but I replaced the kick with Drumagog.

Mixed ITB in SX. It's really long as it is now, over 5:00. Haven't finished the editing yet. I'm have a little trouble with his "light" voice.

It's Cold Outside

Here's another from an artist named "Tank". He may actually have a deal in the works, he was flown down to Atlanta a few weeks back by a label. Mixed on the d8b, production done with in SX using a Proteus 2000, Fruity Loops and a X5 DR.

Boss (m4a file)

P.S. These are the kinds of lyrics I get tired of hearing. Killing & Dealing.

Lawrence
Old 20th August 2005
Here for the gear

Check these out

Wus up fam

Hey check out some of my work.

Some feedback would be nice too.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=148175
Old 20th August 2005
Gear Maniac

These are 2 beats i just have on this computer
are working on some other tracks though.
this is some old stuff basically
Attached Files

Guezzwho - L B497.mp3 (2.50 MB, 203 views)

Guezzwho - L B506.mp3 (2.35 MB, 166 views)

Old 29th August 2005
Here for the gear

here is a few tracks

that keep smoken (Track 1) isnt in it's final mixed state. it is a mixtape track on some beat online the artist (Hainus) found.

track 2 is another mixtape track (Mobb Deep instrumental) that i actualy recorded whith a mbox and a marshalls mic. this was the second track i ever recorded (my stuff sounds allot better now).
Attached Files

The Manhattan Project 02.MP3 (6.33 MB, 196 views)

winorlose.mp3 (4.26 MB, 243 views)

Old 30th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Whackness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul David
Wood grain switchin lanes Imma hold ya down. This is my favorite cut on the EP. I'm still trying to get used to the whole screwed thing. Maybe I'll like it more if I sip some sizzurp.
That is a straight Paul Wall Cop Son.
I work in A&R for Def Jam and that is the whackest Track I have heard in Months.
Originality wins in this game KiDD!!!!!!Syrrripp ain't goin to help either one of you!!!
Old 31st August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence
Here's another from an artist named "Tank". He may actually have a deal in the works, he was flown down to Atlanta a few weeks back by a label. Mixed on the d8b, production done with in SX using a Proteus 2000, Fruity Loops and a X5 DR.

Boss (m4a file)

P.S. These are the kinds of lyrics I get tired of hearing. Killing & Dealing.

Lawrence
I really like this track...the backing track has lots of potential IMO...the rapper has a good voice, good flow, but like you say lyrics heard it all befor...something a little more deeper would have made it a nice track.
Old 31st August 2005
Gear Addict

Here some stuff I'm workin on. One of the rapper's has a pretty good flow. But the lyrical content of their stuff is the same old rap cliches.
Attached Files

U don't want us to stop mp3.mp3 (5.13 MB, 220 views)

Let Me Hear Ya Say mp3.mp3 (5.71 MB, 144 views)

Old 31st August 2005
Ok,

These are samplers from my Demo...mix crituque is welcome... I'm still learing!! this is all in the box ..except for 2 outboard effects boxes. Most plugs are a combi of UAD1 and Waves, then for a touch of mastering I've brought the stereo tracks into PSP Vintage Warmer.
Attached Files

NO GUNZ [D1] 3 .mp3 (5.75 MB, 201 views)

IT'S LIKE THAT YA [D3] 2.mp3 (5.55 MB, 151 views)

K.I.M [KEEP IT MOVING] [2]2.mp3 (6.11 MB, 157 views)

Old 31st August 2005
Lives for gear

Here are a few tracks that I've got in the works...

Let me know what ya think.
Attached Files

Koto Miami 2.mp3 (3.02 MB, 190 views)

SS Leen 4.mp3 (2.79 MB, 136 views)

Old 31st August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002
Ok,

These are samplers from my Demo...mix crituque is welcome... I'm still learing!! this is all in the box ..except for 2 outboard effects boxes. Most plugs are a combi of UAD1 and Waves, then for a touch of mastering I've brought the stereo tracks into PSP Vintage Warmer.
I just listened to the track "No Gunz." Good work man thumbsup. I like how the song had a fresh messages and avoided the typical rap cliches. The mix was solid too.

The only thing that needs work imo is the beat. It sounds a bit lo-fi, and it's not very punchy. The track could definatley benifit from a professional mastering job.
Old 31st August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playback
That is a straight Paul Wall Cop Son.
I work in A&R for Def Jam and that is the whackest Track I have heard in Months.
Originality wins in this game KiDD!!!!!!Syrrripp ain't goin to help either one of you!!!

True that.
Old 31st August 2005
Lives for gear
Cynic,

That track would be a lot hotter if you hit the chorus quicker. Just give her 16 bars and then hit that chorus up. It gets too repetitive and takes awaythe power of her rhyming when you let the verse go so long. It's has a lot of potential, or I wouldnt have posted.
Old 31st August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Cynic,

That track would be a lot hotter if you hit the chorus quicker. Just give her 16 bars and then hit that chorus up. It gets too repetitive and takes awaythe power of her rhyming when you let the verse go so long. It's has a lot of potential, or I wouldnt have posted.

i know - we were trying to do something different with the song structure. when i get my DAW up again i'm gonna try that...thanks for the listen & the advice.

it's one of my favorite tracks we've made so far.
Old 1st September 2005
Here for the gear

Yo, winorlose is pretty nice man, whats that sample from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk
here is a few tracks

that keep smoken (Track 1) isnt in it's final mixed state. it is a mixtape track on some beat online the artist (Hainus) found.

track 2 is another mixtape track (Mobb Deep instrumental) that i actualy recorded whith a mbox and a marshalls mic. this was the second track i ever recorded (my stuff sounds allot better now).
Old 1st September 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
I just listened to the track "No Gunz." Good work man thumbsup. I like how the song had a fresh messages and avoided the typical rap cliches. The mix was solid too.

The only thing that needs work imo is the beat. It sounds a bit lo-fi, and it's not very punchy. The track could definatley benifit from a professional mastering job.
Cheers Johnm22,

I was aiming at quite a low fi feel, so I deliberately left the drums furhter back than normal. I've still only listend on my monitors (Blue sky Media Desk's) so maybe more punch is nec...also I would love and do intend a proffesional Master but the bucks ain't here yet for that......

Ps forgot to add I also ran the stereo mix through a Pultech followig the Vintage Warmer.
Old 2nd September 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Cheers Johnm22,

I was aiming at quite a low fi feel, so I deliberately left the drums furhter back than normal. I've still only listend on my monitors (Blue sky Media Desk's) so maybe more punch is nec...also I would love and do intend a proffesional Master but the bucks ain't here yet for that......

Ps forgot to add I also ran the stereo mix through a Pultech followig the Vintage Warmer.
Oh I see. Are you goin for that underground vibe? If so I would dirty up the beat a little bit, but still try and keep it punchy.
Old 2nd September 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
Oh I see. Are you goin for that underground vibe? If so I would dirty up the beat a little bit, but still try and keep it punchy.
Yeah I probably could dirty that up a bit....could you suggest how I can get more punch...co's I defo like my beats punchy ...but couldn't seem to get more out without overpowering the rest of the sounds?

cheers
Old 3rd September 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah I probably could dirty that up a bit....could you suggest how I can get more punch...co's I defo like my beats punchy ...but couldn't seem to get more out without overpowering the rest of the sounds?

cheers
I would say lot's of compression on the beat itself. Maybe even layering the beat with more samples.

You might wanna talk to board member e-cue. He does a lot of bigtime hiphop stuff, and he knows a lot more than me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search