The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
One hitta
Old 24th November 2005
pan
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco
no i had to take them down due to a joint-venture contract i signed - sorry!
Congrats! So we'll see a whole CD of your stuff in the near future!

n
Old 24th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan
Congrats! So we'll see a whole CD of your stuff in the near future!

n
not exactly..but i have someone doing a pro website for me and media/advertising so ull see stuff in "packs" similiar to modernbeats
Old 27th November 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
dont bother man..if your trying to break into the commercial market anyway.

This is my experience with banginbeats

A)****loads of noise
B)Lots have clipping
C)Very Outdated

maybe ok to do some common-esque late 80s beats

but i really wouldn't bother for "nu-school" production..

-sirocco
Noise & clipping? Judging by your gear list, you will fall on your face debating me on sonics. Furthermore, Bangin-Beats has sound design on current records by Tony Yayo, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks & more... Check the testimonials and the free downloads at Bangin-Beats. If you think our sound is very 80's, maybe you're not cut out for this. Thats a professional opinion. Check your ears.

I won't be returning to check this post, but anyone with questions is welcome to email support.

Thanks & Peace.
Old 27th November 2005
Lives for gear

That sir, was my opinion, and did not require a rebuttle. However, I am sorry if I ofended your material. I guess I am more into the new school sounds and the comment on my behalf was a little harsh. And as far as me falling flat on my face?!? I have a fireface 800 which i consider to be a top notch package in both pristine conversion and driver stability, saying I don't know sonics up to your level, basing on what's in my home studio, is just uncalled for.

-Take It Easy,
-Sirocco
Old 28th November 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
That sir, was my opinion, and did not require a rebuttle. However, I am sorry if I ofended your material. I guess I am more into the new school sounds and the comment on my behalf was a little harsh. And as far as me falling flat on my face?!? I have a fireface 800 which i consider to be a top notch package in both pristine conversion and driver stability, saying I don't know sonics up to your level, basing on what's in my home studio, is just uncalled for.

-Take It Easy,
-Sirocco
ok so I lied & I checked the post again.. lol.

"That sir, was my opinion, and did not require a rebuttle. "
But clipping is not an opinion. Noise in samples is not an opinion.

"I guess I am more into the new school sounds"
If they gave platinum plaques for Hip Hop sound design our walls would be plastered with them. I can point out several current hit records and underground records that were produced using Bangin-Beats sounds... Maybe 50 cent is old school to you. Do you have any idea the number of producer's and labels we deal with one on one for custom exclusive sound design? If its your opinion our sounds are old school, your entire credibility is in question.

"saying I don't know sonics up to your level, basing on what's in my home studio, is just uncalled for."
You're right there. Your ears can't be judged by your gear list... But years of experience are sometimes reflected in studios that have accumulated more than you have your studio. It was an assumtion that may be wrong.

"Take It Easy"
Don't worry, I'm not heated at all... Just bringing some truth to the table.
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

When i Say "nu school" i am not reffering to the exact opposite of old school. nu school would be styles such as the neptunes and scott storch, etc. More cleaner, less gritty sounds basically. I guess if your producing the gritty dirty (in a good way) g-unit stuff then these sounds would be perfect for you.
Old 29th November 2005
Lives for gear

I don't know man, i think this is pretty funny------i checked bangin beats, and from the few trax i heard, the drums did seem very "vinyl" and old school....not to say there's no place for that in todays music, but to me there are PLENTY of places to get those type of drums-----Stylus' whole ****in drum library is all that ****....plus the Mo phat, plus just taking them from the countless # of hiphop records that leave them exposed....It would take some pretty damn UNIQUE sounding drums to make me pay for them....and yea sirocco, now your talking neptune sounds, storch percussion, timbaland sounds.....i'm sure over the right samples the bangin beats sounds will do the trick, but if your drums are the main attraction to your beat, i think you gotta really get creative, and customize a bit more... but again, i didnt dig too deep into their sound library, so maybe i'm missin something....
Old 29th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKT
I can point out several current hit records and underground records that were produced using Bangin-Beats sounds....
Please do. I'd be interested in hearing about that. Please specify what type of sound used on what production. I'm sure your sounds are very good. My question would be are they using your sounds alone (as in just one of your Kicks) or is a kick from your library part of a 4 kick layer during production? Thanks.

FWIW... every sample carefully lifted from a hit record was "used in a hit record". I've got tons of samples that were used in hit records. I'm looking more for something new and original. Hard to do though without layering.

Sirocco, I see you have a M-Audio Trigger Finger in your gear list. I had been thinking about getting one of those. How do you like it? Quick review please. Thanks.

Back on topic, I've bought a lot of drum samples over the years and the free ones I got from Sirocco (before he took them down heh ) are the better than most. As I go through Fruity Loops auditioning drum samples for client "X" they almost always pick one of his kicks or claps (I love those claps man).

The samples are crisp, clean and they hit hard. Good job.

Lawrence
Old 30th November 2005
Lives for gear

yo thanks for the sounds ya'll, i just moved my studio and as soon as i get net over at the new spot i'll throw some of my drum sounds up here to add to tha pool!
Old 30th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence
Please do. I'd be interested in hearing about that. Please specify what type of sound used on what production. I'm sure your sounds are very good. My question would be are they using your sounds alone (as in just one of your Kicks) or is a kick from your library part of a 4 kick layer during production? Thanks.

FWIW... every sample carefully lifted from a hit record was "used in a hit record". I've got tons of samples that were used in hit records. I'm looking more for something new and original. Hard to do though without layering.

Sirocco, I see you have a M-Audio Trigger Finger in your gear list. I had been thinking about getting one of those. How do you like it? Quick review please. Thanks.

Back on topic, I've bought a lot of drum samples over the years and the free ones I got from Sirocco (before he took them down heh ) are the better than most. As I go through Fruity Loops auditioning drum samples for client "X" they almost always pick one of his kicks or claps (I love those claps man).

The samples are crisp, clean and they hit hard. Good job.

Lawrence
Thanks for the kind words, Lawrence.

The trigger finger is indispensible to me. Even though it has nothing to do with the creation of my samples, it adds a sense of swing and energy to my productions. My stuff was too quantized but playing notes with the extra sensitive velocity pads (VERY GOOD) gives every hit a different volume and just spices up the dull percussion i had before. I highly reccomend it, even over my old akai version.

Also news, I am almost done with my Scott Storch drum pack, which emulates the scott storch trademar huge organic hollow kicks faithfully along with middle eastern hits, luscious claps. and splashy snares

LOok for this stuff on the site i announce soon.

-Sirocco
Old 1st December 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKT
If you think our sound is very 80's, maybe you're not cut out for this. Thats a professional opinion. Check your ears.
Professional opinions are the seeds of a ****ty record. Watch what you say, you may dig a hole for your company.
Old 5th December 2005
Lives for gear

Thanx..

Just looked through this whole thread...

downloaded some stuff...

will look through and see what gets' kept..

But most importantly...thank you to everyone...

For a good read....learnt a lot...entertaining too..

Got some good sounds i'm sure...when i find something in my collection worthy of posting i will add to this...it's a great and beautiful thing...

Someone along the way here said...

"it takes a real master to be confident enough to share their secrets...."

Great deal of wisdom right there...

Thanks everyone....shame i missed the soon to be legendary SK KIKS....lol

But thass life.....

Peace.
Old 22nd December 2005
Gear Maniac

Whats up slutz? Lol. I'm new to this site. I just came across it tonight and I couldn't stop reading. Great stuff here guys.

Yo Sirocco, whats up with your sample site? Is it 'official' yet?

I'm gonna check these samples when I get to the studio. I'll also post some of my personal faves to get this thread back on its feet.

Peaace!
Old 22nd December 2005
Gear Maniac

I'm a man of my word.
Attached Files

Real Clap Group.wav (13.7 KB, 2046 views)

Old 22nd December 2005
Gear Maniac

Oh yeah, here's some more... heh
Attached Files

55aStick.wav (6.2 KB, 1662 views)

Maracas-Pull.wav (70.9 KB, 1716 views)

Maracas-Push.wav (90.8 KB, 1677 views)

Tambourine-Acc.1.wav (128.6 KB, 1820 views)

Tambourine-Acc.2.wav (109.2 KB, 1919 views)

Old 22nd December 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan
Playback, this one's especially for you!

dfegad

Damn, did you record that yourself???
Old 22nd December 2005
pan
Lives for gear

LOL, we had a contest in the studio and this was the winner!

You wish ... there's plenty of people having too much time in this crazy world of bits and bytes and of course they have forums for their own most pleasurable hobbies like this one:

FARTslutz' Fart of the Day

And there's people like me, that stumble over things like that and actually spend time there, lol...
Caution - you will spend some time there ... well I did and laughed my ass off

Good move to revive this thread, keep them coming!

Cheers, Niko
Old 24th December 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone4407
Whats up slutz? Lol. I'm new to this site. I just came across it tonight and I couldn't stop reading. Great stuff here guys.

Yo Sirocco, whats up with your sample site? Is it 'official' yet?

I'm gonna check these samples when I get to the studio. I'll also post some of my personal faves to get this thread back on its feet.

Peaace!
hey tone, very soon i shall say. the sound are done but there are a lot of things to handle and its a lot on me considering ive never opened any kind of business

hang in there
Attached Files

ccc.wav (1.66 MB, 3328 views)

Old 21st February 2006
pan
Lives for gear

This Thread needs a serious BUMP
Old 22nd February 2006
I´d like to thank the people that upped some nice oneshots in this thread!

And i want to contribute some selected stuff myself..

100 oneshots sorted in categories like Bassdrums, Snaredrums, etc..
No sample-CD stuff, all homegrown, sampled, processed and generated in my labs heh

have fun!

0rk4n
Attached Files
File Type: zip 0t0_Drums1.zip (3.27 MB, 3608 views)
Old 22nd February 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0t0b0t
I´d like to thank the people that upped some nice oneshots in this thread!

And i want to contribute some selected stuff myself..

100 oneshots sorted in categories like Bassdrums, Snaredrums, etc..
No sample-CD stuff, all homegrown, sampled, processed and generated in my labs heh

have fun!

0rk4n
nice one!!!!!
Old 22nd February 2006
Lives for gear

Hey guys, the samples are coming along nicely, here is a peak from the Distressed Out Drums series, hope u enjoy. They are very scott storch-esque

Coming Soon
Attached Files

Kick4.wav (38.0 KB, 2113 views)

Kick8.wav (108.8 KB, 2129 views)

Kick11.wav (152.0 KB, 2172 views)

Kick13.wav (81.6 KB, 2070 views)

Old 22nd February 2006
Gear Nut

Orkan,, I'm loving the kit man, great job , some very usable hits for sure, I have a new drum kit named in your honor.

Sirroco, nice work, do those have "gated reverb" on them? They sound hollow but hard at the same time.

T
Old 22nd February 2006
Lives for gear

Sirocco, I have a feeling that your product will be top notch. Can't wait til' you finish. I'll definitely be in line to support. I'm fiending for some new one hittas.thumbsup
Old 22nd February 2006
Okay... I see ya'll decided to reinvigorate this one. Don't make me dip into my stash. Alright here's some random percs... I have thousands of these:
Attached Files

MARACAS1 .WAV (46.3 KB, 1520 views)

MARACAS2.WAV (7.2 KB, 1405 views)

MARACAS3.WAV (12.2 KB, 1409 views)

MARACAS4.WAV (21.7 KB, 1405 views)

SHAKA01.WAV (19.2 KB, 1580 views)

Old 22nd February 2006
Alright, some of those Maracas were a little lame... Here's some random shakers. These are all actual samples of live instruments if you want to use them in a Hip Hop tune then twist em up.
Attached Files

SHAKA06.WAV (19.1 KB, 1493 views)

SHAKA10.WAV (21.9 KB, 1495 views)

SHAKE03.WAV (19.4 KB, 1462 views)

SHAKE08.WAV (14.8 KB, 1453 views)

SHAKI01.WAV (40.7 KB, 1509 views)

Old 22nd February 2006
pan
Lives for gear

Orkan - thanks for this kit - much appreciated - love the HiHats.

Sirocco - your sounds are once again original - cool flava! Get your site UP!!!

Old 22nd February 2006
Gear Maniac

Back with avengence

Some funky ass drums...
Attached Files
File Type: aif 36BD10204.aif (200.6 KB, 1373 views) File Type: aif 40SD20203.aif (115.6 KB, 1204 views) File Type: aif 42HHC0201.aif (54.7 KB, 1159 views) File Type: aif 46HHO0201.aif (230.9 KB, 1192 views) File Type: aif 51RD10204.aif (2.75 MB, 1762 views)
Old 22nd February 2006
Thanks for the feedback, Sirocco, Bigg_T and pan :-)
It´s nice to have a thread like this!

Sirocco, you have some unique work! I´m anxious to hear some snares

Paul, nice maracas and shakers!

0rk4n
Old 22nd February 2006
tone, thanks for the share!

How about some special oneshots?
Sometimes I get on the mic and record whatever comes to my mind..
sounds of utilities like lighters, cd cases, pens, drumming on a bin... all kinds of percusive noise, etc.
Then I cut the best parts and process them.

Here´s a pack of 46 unique oneshots for your very special rhythm section ;-)

0rk4n
Attached Files
File Type: zip 0t0_MICed.zip (2.24 MB, 2740 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search