All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
One hitta
Old 1st October 2005
pan
Lives for gear

Thanks Mars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars
BTW, those of u on a PC, there's something called "FlashGet" you can use that will download all the files on a given page in one go. Very useful for situations like this.

Thanks to all for the sounds....
Thanks for yours - nice sounds!

For Firefox users:

DownloadThemAll is a great Add-on for downloads - go get it!

Niko

I just realized, that someone deleted the old flames...thanks again for that
Old 2nd October 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul David
Fa Real! It's like this thread all of a sudden turned into a ****** magnet.

Listen, This is a place to

1) Download sounds
2) Upload sounds

It's not complicated.

In direct contrast, BIG UPS TO MARS!!! Those sounds are the real! I'll put some more up when I get a minute.

Peace, Paul
Hahahaha A ****** magent.

I just wanted to leave my 2 cents without sharing anything of mine. Is that such a crime??
Old 2nd October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offender

I just wanted to leave my 2 cents without sharing anything of mine. Is that such a crime??
You're downloading these samples, then instead of contributing to the public pot you rip on Paul for his sounds. Who gives a $hit if you don't like his samples. No-one on here cares how great your "DR DRE" kicks are....get a life.

BTW,
Pan, that thing is sic! Thanks
Old 2nd October 2005
Gear Maniac

boo hoo
Old 3rd October 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offender

Criminal, no...

Immature, short-sighted, unsolicited... Definitely.

There are those who have made a valuable contribution to this thread and other threads because that's their nature. These people understand reciprication and they are an asset to their contemporaries. Respect.

There are those who dropped a note to say thank you. but decided not to participate in the give and take of things. Your welcome, Enjoy.

There are hundreds of people who have downloaded samples without uploading any of their own, or making their presence known. Okay by me.

Then there are those who feel like they are way better than the rest of us. They stop by to take sounds and then tell everyone who contributed to this thread how incredible they (themselves) are. Some providing audio examples- others like yourself... well, we'll just have to take your word for it. I'm sure you're every bit as talented as you think you are.
Old 22nd October 2005
pan
Lives for gear

Too silent in Samplecity...UP-UP
Old 26th October 2005
Lives for gear

Gimme a few mins...ill post some homemade drums goodness!!!!

Straight from my bedroom studio and completely ITB
Old 27th October 2005
pan
Lives for gear

Sirocco

I'll have a listen tomorrow...

I just had, so:

They sound like treated hits from sampling-CDs or ROMplers - where did you get the material?
Old 31st October 2005
Gear Maniac

Sirocco.....major props to u.Those are some luvly samples right there.I echo the question, where did u get ur material from?How'd u get that one kick to bang the way it does?Nice.....good work.
Old 31st October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddstone
Sirocco.....major props to u.Those are some luvly samples right there.I echo the question, where did u get ur material from?How'd u get that one kick to bang the way it does?Nice.....good work.
Thanks a lot. I have an archive of many drums. maybe upward to 10,000 bassdrums. They all suck..just about period. They are recorded like crap or dont hit hard, just plain old drms....but to make a "Sirocco" kick, i comine at least 3 or 4 elements...i lowpass a nice lowend kick i find..maybe beef it up with some rbass..then find some juciy mid end...lowpass and highpass it..then for the high, u shorten it a lot...and highpass it..u shorten it so theres no noise residue ont he sample, sometimes going thorugh waves trans-x can liven up your kcik tremendously. i thenput each layer through various effects..mostly sonalksis, psp, and urs stuff.... it just came naturally for me..hope that helps out....
Old 31st October 2005
Lives for gear

also in any cuase, i find most sample cd stuff to be UNUSABLE wiithout combining it with other stuff. its marred with noise usually and doesnt have commercial dynamics
Old 1st November 2005
Gear Maniac

Sirocco, nice one.So ur also a fan of Waves hey.A friend of mine is also luving Waves.U using the Plat or Diamond bundle?(speaking of which, I see u mentioned using the Rbass, what is diff between the Maxx and the Rbass?)I see both are really very thorough.Btw, u should coin that "Sirocco Kick" for real.Just shorten it to the "SK".Good tips.Thanx again.And keep us posted on what them peeps at Big Fish got to say.Btw, u thought of maybe putting some samples in Soundfont format and looking toward that avenue in terms of marketing ur samples?

Also, regarding the lack of dynamics in many sample cd's........the thing is I find most times I cant use the samples as is.I'm a sucker for filters I guess as well.Just dirtying up a sound slightly, just adds some character that I really like.Like the combo or dirty hits and some clean aspects.Call it the merger of the best of both worlds.
Old 1st November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddstone
Sirocco, nice one.So ur also a fan of Waves hey.A friend of mine is also luving Waves.U using the Plat or Diamond bundle?(speaking of which, I see u mentioned using the Rbass, what is diff between the Maxx and the Rbass?)I see both are really very thorough.Btw, u should coin that "Sirocco Kick" for real.Just shorten it to the "SK".Good tips.Thanx again.And keep us posted on what them peeps at Big Fish got to say.Btw, u thought of maybe putting some samples in Soundfont format and looking toward that avenue in terms of marketing ur samples?

Also, regarding the lack of dynamics in many sample cd's........the thing is I find most times I cant use the samples as is.I'm a sucker for filters I guess as well.Just dirtying up a sound slightly, just adds some character that I really like.Like the combo or dirty hits and some clean aspects.Call it the merger of the best of both worlds.
waves rbass....is my secret weapon really...it aims at a ccertain frequency than maxbass which does large gaps of bass. u can add some mid harmonics to a lowend kick samples theh compress then add some crunchy-hi end...or jumo compress or use waves trans-x or use a 808 attack highpassed to get a storch or jermaine dupri so unding kick thumbsup
Old 2nd November 2005
Gear Maniac

Ok.No wonder Salaam Remi's such a big fan of this software suite.It truly is a secret weapon.And I can see u use it well cuz.Nice going.Look forward to hearing more from ur side.Keep it on the mellow.
Old 6th November 2005
Lives for gear

One Hitta Samples Only

Here's a quick track using only samples from this 'One Hitta" thread. Some pretty good stuff is in there. I didn't "twist" or "augment" any samples by doubling or anything like that. I did add a little eq and verb to a couple tracks but not the drum samples, they are what they were.

Hip Hop

I downloaded so many samples from this thread it took some time to go through them all. Adding a directory to the files in Fruity Loops makes it easy as I could just step through them one at a time and audition.

This track was done in FL Studio 5 including all verb, compression and eq.

Lawrence
Old 6th November 2005
Gear Head

What a great post!! I found goodsamples here (special thanks to Sirocco )

Here is my lil contribution to this thread... I'll post snares and home-made claps later...

Does someone have a Snare sounding like the on The Game track "Westside Story", lacking this type...
Attached Files

KICK1.WAV (20.9 KB, 2101 views)

KICK2.WAV (12.4 KB, 1891 views)

KICK5.WAV (12.2 KB, 1841 views)

KICK6.WAV (10.4 KB, 1814 views)

KICK7.wav (23.9 KB, 1900 views)

Old 10th November 2005
Gear Nut

Many Thanks

Thanks for the Excellent samples. My previous drum arsenal is pale in comparison,,
I would upload some but my collection would make most laugh,, then cry.

You noble men have enriched the lives of many !!,, and I salute you.

To those who complain,, be serious, it takes a real master to be confident enough to share their secrets.
Old 10th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van-C
What a great post!! I found goodsamples here (special thanks to Sirocco )

Here is my lil contribution to this thread... I'll post snares and home-made claps later...

Does someone have a Snare sounding like the on The Game track "Westside Story", lacking this type...
wanna post a sample of that snare and i can try to build you one!
Old 11th November 2005
Gear Maniac

Westside

Check it:
Attached Files
File Type: aif WestSnare-1.aif (33.8 KB, 1486 views)
Old 14th November 2005
Lives for gear

just curious. has anyone here ever bought drums? from site like banginbeats or soundsforsamplers, mpcdrums etc........????????just looking for some opinions.
Old 16th November 2005
Lives for gear

dont bother man..if your trying to break into the commercial market anyway.

This is my experience with banginbeats

A)****loads of noise
B)Lots have clipping <-[/b]
C)Very Outdated

maybe ok to do some common-esque beats

but i really wouldn't bother for "nu-school" production..

-sirocco
Old 16th November 2005
Lives for gear

Sirocco-

Do you have anything more hits? I'd definitely buy some of your stuff!
Old 16th November 2005
Gear Maniac

Sirocco got the heat man.And u know that, S. heh

Anyways, I know modernbeats got some nice samples.Still, not good to use them as it.Process them a little, but the sounds are pretty fine though.
Old 16th November 2005
Lives for gear

i have a site on the way thats similiar to modern/bangin beats.

ill let you guys know
Old 22nd November 2005
pan
Lives for gear

One more Time...

I got rid of some old Libraries and Stuff...

This is some of the debris after the EXS Manager cleaned my Instruments and Sample files.

16 Hits...
Attached Files
File Type: zip OneHitta11-05.zip (635.2 KB, 1945 views)
Old 23rd November 2005
mox
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco
Thanks a lot. I have an archive of many drums. maybe upward to 10,000 bassdrums. They all suck..just about period. They are recorded like crap or dont hit hard, just plain old drms....but to make a "Sirocco" kick, i comine at least 3 or 4 elements...i lowpass a nice lowend kick i find..maybe beef it up with some rbass..then find some juciy mid end...lowpass and highpass it..then for the high, u shorten it a lot...and highpass it..u shorten it so theres no noise residue ont he sample, sometimes going thorugh waves trans-x can liven up your kcik tremendously. i thenput each layer through various effects..mostly sonalksis, psp, and urs stuff.... it just came naturally for me..hope that helps out....
Sirocco - I couldn't find your samples everyones talkin bout. Would love to hear 'em. Am I blind?
Old 23rd November 2005
Lives for gear

aight. check em.

pm for details.
Attached Files

1.wav (133.3 KB, 2018 views)

2.wav (165.7 KB, 1944 views)

3.wav (154.8 KB, 1898 views)

5.wav (84.7 KB, 1852 views)

6.wav (101.9 KB, 1946 views)

Old 23rd November 2005
mox
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umlaaat
aight. check em.

pm for details.
Hey thanks man!

LEt me check 'em...
Old 24th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mox
Sirocco - I couldn't find your samples everyones talkin bout. Would love to hear 'em. Am I blind?
no i had to take them down due to a joint-venture contract i signed - sorry!
Old 24th November 2005
mox
Here for the gear

Sweet.

Not sweain' it.

Let us know when you go commercial

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search