The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Jus a lil dirt...
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Jus a lil dirt...

c'mon.. someones got some dirt on some of these cats making the hits.

after all, beef and gossip are a HUGE part of hip hip hooray...
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umlaaat

Beef and gossip are not a huge part of Hip-Hop. These are huge parts of how money gets made off wack albums and artists. Mostly though, these are the parts that keeps Hip-Hop from being respected throughout the music industry for reasons other than money.

It's time for Hip-Hop to evolve again. Not go back to the 80's but evolve into the 21st century. Beef and gossip make all of us who are involved in this side of music look immature and ignorant. Not titles I like put on me and what I do because some studio gangsta like 50 or Ja Rule needs a boost in album sales. Real killaz don't talk...real killaz don't rap.

dfegad Beef and Gossip
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

If you want gossip tune into the wendy williams experience...
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface
Real killaz don't talk...real killaz don't rap.

This is very true!!!!

wendy williams, i HATE that bitch.
Old 9th August 2005

OK. I got some dirt....

Rapper’s Lloyd Banks and Young Buck were arrested after police allegedly found weapons in a van carrying the rappers and nine other people as they were leaving the Anger Management 3 tour in New York this morning (August 9).

Reports stated that police pulled the van over for running a red light on 41st and Eighth Avenue in Manhattan.

Police reportedly found two firearms in the vehicle and subsequently arrested all eleven passengers.

I guess I won't be seeing them tomorrow at the concert.
Old 9th August 2005
jordan19
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop
If you want gossip tune into the wendy williams experience...

that woman is quite possibly the most annoying female alive. (second only perhaps to a few relatives of mine.)
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
OK. I got some dirt....

Rapper’s Lloyd Banks and Young Buck were arrested after police allegedly found weapons in a van carrying the rappers and nine other people as they were leaving the Anger Management 3 tour in New York this morning (August 9).

Reports stated that police pulled the van over for running a red light on 41st and Eighth Avenue in Manhattan.

Police reportedly found two firearms in the vehicle and subsequently arrested all eleven passengers.

I guess I won't be seeing them tomorrow at the concert.
I'm surprised anyone would be pulled over for runnng a red light in NY.
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:

tutt Every see paparazzi hounding Rap cats? heh
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

lol.. hey, man say what you want about Wendy, but thats my girl!! Well, she is entertaining to say the least (hey, stuck on the FDR at 5:30, not much else to do).

Far as beef and gossip not part of this... garbage. its very much so a part of this industry. few cats made their whole careers on it. dont mean anyone is any less, just their marketing skills are a bit better than the next.

i've heard some people trip over themselves while on wendy...
Old 10th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
lol.. hey, man say what you want about Wendy, but thats my girl!! Well, she is entertaining to say the least (hey, stuck on the FDR at 5:30, not much else to do).

Far as beef and gossip not part of this... garbage. its very much so a part of this industry. few cats made their whole careers on it. dont mean anyone is any less, just their marketing skills are a bit better than the next.

It shouldn't be though. Beef and gossip, leave that to the groupies and the Enquirer. If you make your whole career on beef and gossip, then that does mean your are a lesser talent, because you had to rely on that as a crutch instead of talent to draw people to you. You don't see Mos Def or The Roots or any of these guys starting a bunch of ****.

I'm glad gossip and beef are entertainingto you, are you a 14 year old girl? Entertainment to me is not listening to someone airing people's personal **** out there, most of it false. I think that **** is ****ed up!

Remember, this is how we lost two GREAT MCs!!!! A bunch of overhyped beef and bull****.
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

What's the oldest hip hop beef out there? I don't know much about that side of the game...I know all about hte Nas/Jay Z, Cannibus/LL, etc... but what was going on in the 80's anything?
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
Remember, this is how we lost two GREAT MCs!!!! A bunch of overhyped beef and bull****.
Nuff said!
Old 10th August 2005
jgo
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop
What's the oldest hip hop beef out there? I don't know much about that side of the game...I know all about hte Nas/Jay Z, Cannibus/LL, etc... but what was going on in the 80's anything?
Man this can go way back, but they weren't shooting or stabbing each other (like idiots) back then.

In the 80's we had our fair share of beefs, but for most part they were handled %100 on wax with articulate & complex lyrical boxing matches.
A lot more than the simpleton mindless "I'm more gangsta & will shoot yo ass !" garbage that plagues most beefs these days.
Though the Jay vs Nas beef had some good lyrical throwdowns too.

80's wise these come to mind...

Juice crew vs. BDP (i.e. Queens vs, Bronx)
Don't forget LL cool J vs. Kool moe Dee.

Ok, and while corny but probably amongst the most well known beefs, Real Roxanne vs. Roxanne Shante!!!
Old 11th August 2005
Gear Guru

yea, there were a bunch of classic battles in the 80s, but that was before i was really listening to hip hop so i don't really remember them.
Old 11th August 2005
Dor
Lives for gear

save the gossip and rumors for the biatches.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search