The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does Any Body Know Where I Can Get Custom Made Hip-Hip Drums?
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Timbaland samples

here they are....both of them...he used the first one and chopped off the end and used the second one at the turnaround of the 4 bar loop...check it out...
Attached Files

90LUTH01.wav (229.7 KB, 156 views)

90LUTH02.wav (229.6 KB, 190 views)

Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

entropy, actually yes you are right i will be banking my first million by this time next year. I gaurantee you that!!!

And since you're such a smart ass if your still around here i will even come back and post it for ya in a thread directed directly at you!!!

I'll bet you i have a connection in the industry you would dream to have and you could never get so you can take your drums you keep saying you wont share (even though i never asked you for them in the first place) and use them over and over and over again. I just established this connection recently and do you know how? With my talent, constant hard work, some luck, but most of all my beats you say i so call copy other producers. So yes the ball is just starting to get rolling. Remember i only posted here because i though who the hell know i'll give it a shot. Thats how you go places you keep taking shots and eventually you will win if you stay focused. Hell mabye Timbo will leave you some more scraps next time for you to scoop up.

And yes Timbaland used a loop from Deepest india for that Bubba Sparks hit single. I have the Cd. He Chopped it and replayed it a bit.

But he doesnt use drums from there. And his kicks arent vinyl either there called "Real" kicks.

Yes any numpty can program a drum beat anybody with half a brain know's that. But can any numpty compose a whole track? Compose and play all the instruments and create a masterpeice?? I dont think so!!!

So i might aswell get Dre to program my drums since i want to get in the studio and record my own drums eh???

Again im sorry but your just an idiot. Loser!!! pure loser!!!
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
I'd love to hear it.... what cd is it??

Also, I'm sure he can convert Akai CD Roms, but he does not use Akai samplers, so for someone to have "his akai files" of his drums that were all "sampled from vinyl" makes no sense.
BTW I was mearly implying he uses Akai CD-ROM sound library...not Akai samplers...and 'sampled from vinyl akai files' doesn't make any sense!!!
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

kwilliams, yes i know Timbo uses some sample cd's for instruments. Im talking drums here. My last post i was in the middle of writing while you posted your post. He did the same thing in that Bubba Sparks track i forget the name of it but its from deepest india. I too use sample cd's for instruments.

DO you know which sample cd thats from? I have alot of sample cd's i havent gone through yet.
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Katastraphy...I cant speak for others..but the idea of paying 10 bucks for a clap or snare is foolish..are you a fool?
All the sounds are there...join a library and take out 10 records...make samples and take out 10 more..after about four sessions like this you will have some red hot kits...fact.
If You dont know what you are doing mate..make some sounds..
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataztraphy
And yes Timbaland used a loop from Deepest india for that Bubba Sparks hit single. I have the Cd. He Chopped it and replayed it a bit.

But he doesnt use drums from there. And his kicks arent vinyl either there called "Real" kicks.
Well...I'm sorry homie but I don't agree. I believe a lot of Timbaland's kicks are layers of different stuff. He layers a lot of Ethnic drum hits which give him the tone and bottom part of the kicks which are in turn layered with other 'real' kicks and stuff...Now is he using kicks from Deepest India...no...there are no kicks on deepest india...but does he use African/Indian/other ethnic hits layered with his kicks...hell yeah!! Now ultimately, I don't work with Timbaland so this is only an educated guess at best....but that's my opinion anyway.....
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Yeahhh..banks of stuff..kiks..hats..snares...mix and match..layer..95% of each sample cd is crap..look on records as well!!
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

scruffydog, i dont know what im doing mate?

Well i must have to get a connection and just get in with one of the Top 5 Lawyers in the Hip-Hop game!!!!! Actually he is my Lawyer now!!! Soon hopfully he will get me a manager. Im working like a dog right now. Im only taking a few days off to take a breather and do some investigating. Actually come Tuesday im back to work.

Dont worry big things will happen. Why do you think im posting for this. And yes im going to the studio to take care of this but i figure hey i might get lucky on here. Remember i've created and tweaked , and stacked a lot of killer drums but im taking it to a next level.

I want hundreds.
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

I hope your lawer knows what he is doing mate!!
Any how..its how you use them...mate!!
If i were you id get my ass back in the studio right now..
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

BTW Kat....I feel you on the 'real' drums...I did a session with an engineer from LA who does some Aftermath work and we sampled a bunch of hits from a live set in a nice SSL room and I put them in my MPC3000 and they sound ILL ....!!!!
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Well scruffydog my little friend, lets just say that he doesnt normally deal with producers and now he's dealing with me and another dude in my camp.

So i think he knows what he is doing. Dont be jealous mate!!!

Mate, you have to understand that being a hater gets you no where. Dont hate because you arent good enough. If you really really try and work hard at it you too can make things happen.

Ok Mate?
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

cool..its just a kat and dog world..and i aint so small!
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

kwilliams, yeah real drums are where its at. I think you're powerfull when you have ii'll recorded drums nobody's heard. You stay fresh. And especially going straight from the source into an MPC3000 kills.

Well i guess i no longer care to post in this thread. I was just taking a one and a million shot anyways. Nobody wants to move forward with me thats fine. I'll hit up a studio with a few peeps and an engineer that knows a lil bit and will bang it out in there for a few days untill we get what we want. Some killer custom ****. It will happen.

The pay off will be huge. See your deadly when you can get the best sounds and actually make a hit record with them and have the connections to get them heard and moved in the industry. People seem to think its easy but i dont see there names on the Album Credits.

Peace all and i hope you all fullfill your goals and dreams. Work hard and sacrifice and karma will repay you.

Even you scruffydog my little friend!!!
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

kwilliams, are you connected in any way with these enginners?

Can you get these types of recorded drums im looking for?

Im going to go the the studio to try for a few days but since im connected in the industry now im curious about you and what you can get if you can get it again. Was it just a one time thing with this engineer?

I know once i see some nice money i can get what im looking for and afford these expensive engineers time but i pretty much just got approved in the game so it could be a few months before i see anything nice. I feel kinda funny posting on a forum now.

My advice to everybody is dont stick to one particular style if you wanna make real good money. What the artist want you give em no matter what it is. And it always changes. Take Storch for example. I think he's the best in the game at this moment. When you make your first break of nice money then it is all gravy after that. and you can afford the best sounds out there and the best engineers working with you 24/7. When you have a gift and you have money then your powerfull.

kwilliams, if your interested then reply in this thread cause im out. I've got work to do and a lot of it.

Peace all you slutz
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks katz..and happy hunting in said studio...its a dog life for me then!
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

K. More power to ya. You go and record those phat kiks, I always said half the job is getting the right sounds.

The point I was making was only that he had lifted samples from vinyl and it was on Akai format.

And the kats you are talking 'bout, with engineers, programmers etc.... they've got them ONCE they made it, not before. And that's what helped develop their "sound" and tightend their techniques. Time spent finding sounds, digging or doing whatever it takes to find "the right sounds", that for me, is what "producing" in hip hop is all about. YMMV

And do please come back to remind me next year when you've got 7 digits about to hit your bank, I couldn't be more pleased for ya.
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Well i dont mean to be rude but i hate hearing that stupid "put in the work" crap. I did put in my work and im smart enough to realize after digging though tons of vinyl is that these new drum sounds are not from vinyl. Do you think the neptunes dig there drums through vinyl? No they are custom made and recorded with an engineer. You show me a deep neptunes, timbaland, or storch kick that comes from vinyl and i'll leave this alone. Actually i'll bet money on it. It is stupid to think the way you are you will go nowhere for the next 10 years trying to think like you do.What makes you think im looking for overnight success anyways?.What does that have to do with anything i asked? Its impossible to get those style of kicks without recording them becuase they are "real" kicks.

Now that wasnt what i was asking so kindly dont post if you cant help me out with what i asked.

Thx.

well, being that i work with both the Neptunes and Scott Storch, i think i know when i tell you that a lot of that stuff does come from vinyl. And then some of it comes from sound modules. And a very small percentage of them come from recorded kits, and the ones that do are usually sampled from something else, not recorded live. But they are all layered and processed on top of others, etc. I've never once seen Pharrell or Scott set up a drum kit and track kick drums or snares all day. So much for your idea that i'm not going anywhere with the way i think right?
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Kat said he was off down the library as his lawer has a library card..gonna get some drums sorted!
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
scruffydog, i dont know what im doing mate?

Well i must have to get a connection and just get in with one of the Top 5 Lawyers in the Hip-Hop game!!!!! Actually he is my Lawyer now!!! Soon hopfully he will get me a manager. Im working like a dog right now. Im only taking a few days off to take a breather and do some investigating. Actually come Tuesday im back to work.

Dont worry big things will happen. Why do you think im posting for this. And yes im going to the studio to take care of this but i figure hey i might get lucky on here. Remember i've created and tweaked , and stacked a lot of killer drums but im taking it to a next level.

I want hundreds.

so you got a lawyer, now all ya gotta worry about is TALENT!

(sorry for the cheap personaly attack, i just saw you throwin so many out there without knowing ****...i couldn't resist.)

LOL @ hundreds. Hundreds? Homie, i got thousands and thousands of drums, keep diggin lil buddy!
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

rickrock305, i got talent you moron, how do you think i got in with the lawyer in the first place????

Dont hate!!!

**** yall fags!!!!

Yall losers!!!!

Keep talking with yourself while im baking in losers!!!!!
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
rickrock305, i got talent you moron, how do you think i got in with the lawyer in the first place????

Dont hate!!!

**** yall fags!!!!

Yall losers!!!!

Keep talking with yourself while im baking in losers!!!!!

man, he's a lawyer, he'll do anything for the $$

Quick to call somebody a hater huh. Why the **** would i hate on you? Your just another no name kid who thinks he's hot ****. I see em all the time.

I tried to help you out a little. I work with these cats all the time. Go back and read the post.

Hundreds of drums!!!!!! lol, please man.
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Wow, this thread jumped the shark fast
Old 8th August 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Storch even said in an interview that working with these guys he had access to the best drums, recording techniques on how to get them ect
Is that interview online ? If yes, could you give me the link ?
Old 8th August 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonyme
Is that interview online ? If yes, could you give me the link ?
I think he was talking about the Scratch magazine article from a couple months ago.
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

I said it once and I'll say it again. You want there sound go thru all the songs they produced and look for open kick and snare hits....

I'll say it once again "How We Do" By Game ft. 50 is a perfect example, in the intro nice phat dre kick the claps are nothing special though IMO, but still better then most built in synths/sound modules. IMO. YMMV

g'luck
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

did anyone mention that they use kicks and snares in other types of music too and that you can probably find REAL hits on REAL sample discs from OTHER GENRES of music? why do you limit your pickings to "HIP-HOP" drums. The "PROS" use ANYTHING they can get their hands on. Just a suggestion.

oh, and a distressor helps alot too.

heh
Old 8th August 2005
no ssl yet
I see

So Kataz is back, and you guys forget soo quickly
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet
So Kataz is back, and you guys forget soo quickly

Yeah I just read some of his other threads. It's awesome that he went from a beginner in april to making millions in like 4 months! only in america!
Old 8th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop
Yeah I just read some of his other threads. It's awesome that he went from a beginner in april to making millions in like 4 months! only in america!
I knew this thread was headed for diaster from jump. At this point, it's just down right hilarious! heh No matter what part of the world you live in, I'm sure you could throw a rock in either direction and hit at least 10 just like him. Kind of a shame...

A word to the wise: Humility will get you further than arrogance.
Old 8th August 2005

Probably time to dead this thread now....
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search