The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Fxpansion GURU, is it the virtual MPC? Nukk/Tony B/ n Ecue dont sleep on this
Old 9th November 2007
Gear Addict

Sure, drag the loop from the Pads browser to one of the pads, then choose "Clone to all" (or just copy and paste). To set the Pads browser to the same location as the Loops browser, select the Loops tab and then SHIFT+click on the Pads tab.
Old 9th November 2007
Lives for gear

battery has a nice workflow but seqenzer dfegad

guru has too short sequenzing possibilities

and the workflow sucks.

one patrick

p.s please producer from fxpansion and native instruments

can you build one solution together

too make the ultimate mpc soft clone !!!

cuz i hate too pay full for half way
Old 9th November 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus_FX View Post
Sure, drag the loop from the Pads browser to one of the pads, then choose "Clone to all" (or just copy and paste). To set the Pads browser to the same location as the Loops browser, select the Loops tab and then SHIFT+click on the Pads tab.
Sorry Angus but in this method i've the same loop in cutting loop mode? Because i want do it a loop as DJ Premier heh
Old 10th November 2007
Gear Maniac

Ok i found the solution Angus, thank you man
Old 15th November 2007
Gear Addict

For those still undecided on GURU - you might like to know we've just posted a fully functional (well, load-disabled) demo version based on v1.5, with all the new features like reverse, randomizer, audio export etc.
Old 16th November 2007
Lives for gear

Oh I think I'm going to try the demo. I love... I mean love battery, but I saw the card in my Novation Remote 49SL compact excite pack, so I'm going to try the demo. What is the best going price for this? Is the license transferable? At first glance I hate the GUI. It looks like Live. Can we get one that matches more with Cubase? My VSTi have to have style. Lol j/k.
Old 16th November 2007
Gear Addict

MAP price on Guru is $249, so you won't see anywhere advertising it for less, although some will sell it for less. Drop me a line on email & I'll let you know who is offering the best price at the moment.

The license is transferable but there is a $50 charge.

The user interface is skinnable - you could go in & customize it - but it'd be a whole lot of work.
Old 16th November 2007
Here for the gear

jop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwell View Post
I can't seem to figure out how to set the pads in Guru so they mute each other(closed-open hihats) ala MONO vs. POLY in the MPC world. any hints?
rock

yeah thats a little bit stupid its on the right of the midi in setting you can cut it off by note by color or by pad.

i like the battery workflow more to setup an voicegroup is just perfect!

Generel Guru is much much better than battery
that pattern based automation? that is pimpin!

the best funktion ever is the shift function its so nice
very easy to get really great grooves and you see whats going on!

the general groove templates are ok better than most other **** but its no more needed, do your own grooves and tune it with the shift automation!!!

i dont know why but the recording is not working on my computer
i would love to do that

i dont like to chop samples in guru i think it is very slow and it is stupid with this scub whatever slider i want to say 5 zones dont give me 8 mofo i hate that

i like to set it up by myself with battery set the range, copy pad, paste, set the range.... and so on ... setup the voicegroups ... done

but the mpc is more fun so i do it most of the time with it
Old 16th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus_FX View Post
MAP price on Guru is $249, so you won't see anywhere advertising it for less, although some will sell it for less. Drop me a line on email & I'll let you know who is offering the best price at the moment.

The license is transferable but there is a $50 charge.

The user interface is skinnable - you could go in & customize it - but it'd be a whole lot of work.
Any preset skins and if so can they be used in the demo. I still haven't had time to get the demo, but sometime soon hopefully.

Oh and I was reading about the keyboard shortcuts. Can they be used only in standalone or can they be set to work as VSTi as well?
Old 16th November 2007
Gear Addict

No preset skins, just the default - sorry.

The keyboard shortcuts will work in the VSTi as long as the host doesn't steal the keys, which some like to do.
Old 4th March 2009
Gear Head

controller

Hi Angus,

which midi pad controller works best with Guru/Logic 8 in your opinion ?

thx
Old 4th March 2009
Gear Addict

All of them are good - MPD32 probably the best.
Old 4th March 2009
Lives for gear

I tried GURU, cool program but nothing special imo. The demo had some buffer problem on my pc and sounded strange sometimes.

When I tried it, I used FL studio, and didn't really see a reason to buy this. If you use FL, it simply doesn't give you anything new.

However, it can be cool in certain DAWs.
Old 7th March 2009
Gear Head

thx for the fast answer

do you release a version with the same features of the openlabs version (note repeat/chrom pad)?
Old 23rd March 2010
Gear Maniac

If only it could sample id be sold..
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Addict

Maxim - yes, v1.6 (free update for owners of older versions) has all the features of the OpenLabs edition.

SampleMan - it's certainly something we've considered for the future of GURU. That's all I can say on the subject for now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search